1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[If Available] Herro or Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Dec 10, 2020.

?

Herro or Simmons?

1. Herro

189 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Simmons

327 vote(s)
    64.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So, what would be the centerpiece in a Ben Simmons deal.....NOW? I'm all about the rebuild...just asking for a friend.;)

D-rock likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only if Wall is moved somehow too.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Water is wet Pat!

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You fleeced the wrong All Star from the Rockets Riles.

Cue the violins

D-rock likes this.
  6. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

The jokes about Herro being untouchable are funny, but the reality is that the Heat did not have draft picks to offer. Nets had the most and supposedly Morey wouldn't send Maxey AND multiple unprotected picks. Heat can be linked to Beal or whoever, but they lack assets. Bam isn't going anywhere. Herro is definitely available if they can land a player that can improve the team. They lack draft picks though. Is a Lowry sign-and-trade possible? Would Kawhi really leave the Clippers for the Heat? Butler is aging, so the Heat are definitely feeling pressure to improve. That bubble run was a fluke lol. Oh, and Duncan Robinson is a FA and said at the end of the season that he wants to be on team where he fits well. So yeah, not looking too good for the Heat at the moment

On a related note, I would love to have Herro on the Rockets because he fits the rebuild timeline, but I wouldn't give up Christian Wood, who I assume the Heat like the most out of everyone on the Rockets roster. John Wall doesn't really move the needle, but I would love to move on from his salary. Eric Gordon? Solid role player, but doesn't move needle. Should be an interesting summer

D-rock likes this.
  7. JD88

JD88 Member

I was wrong...

Hes putting up 21/6/4.

8. JD88

JD88 Member

Lolol.

Could have had Mobley/Herro/KPJ, plus picks. That would have been fun.

GotGame15 and D-rock like this.
  9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Why bump this after Herro put up a 6 point stinker last night?

D-rock likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah nothing changed here for me. Herro is clearly still trending up and hes in that pivotal 3rd year break out

Reeko likes this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Herro looks pretty good, body has definitely developed. Not sure he’s a lead dog but I think he could be a strong number 2

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wonder if we put up a poll now, how many people would still prefer Simmons over Herro.

It's not even an apple to apple contrast. At the time this thread started, it was assumed that Simmons's trade value was higher than Herro's and therefore the sweetener of the Simmons package would not be as good as the sweetener of the Herro package.

JD88 likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wanted Herro over Simmons, and that hasn’t changed

CF tried hard to act like Herro is some scrub, but that thought aged like an avocado

Lloyd Estacio, Easy, JD88 and 2 others like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Simmons, we need height.

DD

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Herro does nothing on this team that is not already performed by players already on the team, as well or better.

The Rockets need a 6'10 point forward.

Defense AND playmaking at All Star level is what this team needs.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

hero because he looked cool in the micky mouse playoffs

D-rock likes this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Herro's development is two years ahead of the kids we have. The only player better than him in a similar role right now is Eric Gordon. In fact, Herro would be the perfect replacement of EG, assuming that EG will be moved soon.

You keep talking about Simmons's playmaking. His playmaking is at so-called All Star level only in fast break. His half court playmaking is worthless because the defense knows he doesn't shoot. Sengun is a much better option. Philly's offense is mediocre last season with Simmons. They are at the top of the league this season so far without him. Simmons's real value is on defense. You are right about that. Your insistence on him being on All Star level at both ends is delusional.

Anyway, it is a moot point now. If we took Miami's package, we probably would not have had nearly as good a draft as we did. So it turned out good. (And if we traded Harden for Simmons, our future would be very bleak.)

My post you responded to was about comparing the value of the two players, not really about any trade packages. Simmons's value is in the dumpster right now. And it is unlikely that he will ever get back to the value he had before this offseason. Herro on the other hand is still developing.

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets need DEFENSE.

And Herro only wishes he were as offensively efficient as EGo.

Or even close to him as a defender.

#1718 D-rock, Nov 5, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets is ranked #19 on Defense, #28 on offense. Tell me they need defense more than offense! They need both. But offense more than defense.

Gordon's 3pt%
    First 3 seasons: .389, .371, .364
    Career: .369

Herro's 3pt%
    First 3 seasons: .389, .360, .377
    Career: .375

Their efficiencies are eerily similar.

I'd concede that Gordon is a better defensive player. There's no one metric that decisively measures individual defense. If you compare some of their advanced numbers, Gordon is only slightly better than Herro.

Again, Gordon is a seasoned veteran. Herro is still developing. Didn't you like to rave that Simmons is "only" 24? Guess what, Herro is only 22!

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ready to trade Green for Herro then?

They play exactly the same position.

Rockets do not need another SG if going to invest in Green.

This is not about EGo, even though his 3ball is best in NBA right now.

Heat are not trading a young player for EGo, just so they can get older at the position?

And Heat can afford to hide Herro with all their defenders.