1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 11/4/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2021.

1. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Classic Russ never gets old

2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

And just like that the Rockets are the worst team in the West.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It might be my favorite thing in sports.

Melo has hit more 3s than anyone in the nba this season and hits 2 big time 3s in the closing minute to keep them in the game and Russ gets up the last shot from 3 for the tie clank.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I smell some more top draft picks.

DeBeards and Dobbizzle like this.
  5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

NO has us by a game in the loss column.

i3artow i3aller and hakeem94 like this.
  6. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

You forgot one thing.
    JVG would SHOW them how to play defense first and THEN expect them to play it!
    I don't know if JVG and his offense would work any more in the league but I sure wish we could talk him into talking the d-coordinator job for a year or two.

Remember when he left.
    The Rockets back then had those good defensive principles so ingrained in their psyche the still played if for the first year or so under Adelman before it wore off!

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The fantasy game where the guy not playing is a tabula rasa.

I mean, people clamored for Sengun and while he was fine in the first half, he got absolutely rekt in the second. And that's fine! That's going to happen. It has nothing to do with lineups as much as the fact that...this is a Lotto team

HP3 and Patience like this.
  8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

'Didn't watch the game…a w or L?!"
    :eek:

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Oh look. Another skilled Rockets big the refs don't know how to officiate.

D-rock and Joe Rocket like this.
  10. raspar

raspar Member

Name me one dude that got yoked it two months.

D-rock likes this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

It was a competitive game until end of Q3 and all of Q4. The way the game ended is disappointing. No closer. Fans frustrated; the refs and the starting unit collapsing under pressure.

Rockets 1-7.

Tanking or not, don't think it's too much to ask for a 2nd win of the season? Even Thunder beat the Lakers twice.

[​IMG]

Hope everyone have a good night, be kind to each other. Tomorrow is another day.

12. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Cwood is a blackhole…for every offense he gives up twice the defense..not cerebral

13. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

If they plan to keep him after his current contract, they're going to have to pay him. 20 and 10 seven footers don't grow on trees. We have this season to mull it over, but right now I'm in favor of swinging him for a trade if we can get the right return.

14. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I would love to see Green go for dunks more. There are times where he tries fancy layups in traffic where he can clearly dunk it given his hops. If nothing else, he's more likely to get fouled doing so. I also think he has to get more comfortable with the mid-range shot. He can get past his man easily. If he develops a floater, or 5-10 ft shot consistently, he'll be really dangerous.

gfab-babyboi and RasaqBoi like this.
  15. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets miss so many open passes, heads down or dribbling too much and seeing it to late …that’s why offense looks so much better with Suegun

Joe Rocket likes this.
  16. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

his main problem is he reads defenses slow and he poses after shots - other teams have just started leaking as soon as he shoots a 3 or jumper

17. DreamR

DreamR Member

KJ needs more shots, he only had 2 the whole game. I'd like to see him more in situations where he's setting a pick and then rolling to the basket for a lob or strong finish. He can take it up stronger than both Green and Sengun.

Jalen had another inconsistent night going 3/14.

I think he can bring that fg% up by looking to score more in transition. It's easier to score when the defense is not set and, also, it's clearly where he feels most confident. He attempted a poster dunk in transition, and also had those 2 slams vs the Celtics in transition as well. I think it gives him a longer runway which allows him to fully capitalize on his freakish athleticism.

He's not yet ready to be able to go up strong in the half court yet, particularly when multiple defenders are in the paint. Maybe he'll get better at it once he puts on some muscle.

D-rock, DeBeards, Bo6 and 1 other person like this.
  18. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

Green tried to run PnR with KJ a few times - our spacing sometimes is horrible with Wood and Tate clogging the lanes

19. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Kobe and Lebron!
    At least they always played much, much stronger after they visited Germany I think it was (iirc).
    There must be an AWESOME secret strength and conditioning coach over there somewhere!
    We need to get that dudes number asap! ;)

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m definitely in favor of that…paying Christian Wood big money would be a terrible decision