1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 11/4/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Did I fn say Wood was a fn Dirk? Did I?

NO. I FN DID NOT!

But I do know Dirk was similarly criticized.

:rolleyes:

#961 Tfor3, Nov 4, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, we'll see. I don't even think his ceiling is a franchise quality player, but I think it could be a very good player.

Doesn't really matter because he's nowhere near that now and the Rockets should get another shot at a top draft pick.

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Rockets lose game, Jalen runs to phone to repost his game fit pics on ig.

new nba kids.

DeBeards and palmsnbananas like this.
  4. Jalen Green OnlyFan

rooting for the rockets, astros, and texans (i've been active in all 3) doesn't prove that I'm a Houston sports fan?

gatekeeping won't make our rebuild any faster. Let's just appreciate the fact that we have an amazing building block in jalen green at least.

5. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Green is way too hesitant on his drives, he's been doing it all season. He'll get the step but instead of just flying past the guy and exploding through he slows and tries to go in with finesse. He's not big or heavy enough to pull that off yet. He's almost trying to attack like EG when he needs to attack like Westbrook or a young Derrick Rose.

DeBeards, Stephen_A, fattz and 3 others like this.
  6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Yeah but they are rookies and we are developing THEM. You need to get the ball to them in the right spots. Not everyone is going to understand that. If you dont understand basketball that deeply you wont understand what I just said it will just look like we are rookie only fans lol. Im not a sengun green or whatever you people around here call it only fan. I know good unselfish basketball and green and sengun try their best to play good solid team ball but this team just doesnt know how to. Its looks like Lord of the flies out there. Sengun is a top of the key guy who likes to pass but no one wants to cut when he gets it so he usually forces something. When he gets great position he doesnt get a pass but he does when he doesnt have great positon so he forces something. Green loves creating and off the screen shots and high pick and roll but they dont run the correct plays for a player like him. When hes open he doesnt get it.

So the result is forced terrible basketball. So nothing he said was wrong and he wasnt and isnt the only one saying this go on twitter and ig. We arent just making up the "jalen isnt getting the ball" stuff its true. Ive been right about Silas this entire time and about how we should play and i like kpj but he is the most selfish point guard ive seen he has tunnel vision and doesnt understand what is a good pass and what is a bail out pass. Wood is selfish and only passes when he's stuck. Gordon doesnt care who the **** is open he's shooting. nwaba can barely pass but he runs the floor with the ball like he can so he misses open players and refuses to pass it to sengun when he is ready. I could go on and on. We have scorers they just dont know how to play good solid unselfish team basktball so forced shots and ignored open shots is what we get.

Dankstronaut, DeBeards, fattz and 2 others like this.
  7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Well damn. Might win fewer games than last season

palmsnbananas likes this.
  8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Nwaba made several big plays on offense and defense that got the Rockets the lead in the second quarter. He was pushing the pace and getting steals and dunks. I don’t know what game some of these posters were watching.

DeBeards, HP3, Tfor3 and 4 others like this.
  9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Honestly there was a lot of positives, we were neck and neck with them until Silas rolled out that that Sengun, DJ, Nwaba, Martin lineup and we just got dicked for 10 points straight and got the crowd going.

10. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Actually I disagree.
    Whenever he has space on the pick and pop he usually shoots at a pretty good percentage.
    They were playing up on him both front and back side of the pick.
    The only way to stop that is to make them PAY for it.
    Jalen either has to take it to the rim strong and either dunk it or pass to the big if the help comes.

Right now his offense isn't varied enough.
    It never had to be before.
    His athleticism alone has always been enough.
    I think his work ethic will make him get better, I'm just not sure I trust Silas to lead him in the right direction.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  11. bj3175

bj3175 Member

They need a better conditioning and strength assistant

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

if the Rockets see Christian Wood as a cornerstone and budding star then they are delusional

if the Rockets pay this man big money, I’m gonna have an attitude problem

13. BonziWellsGOAT

I believe in Green and thunk he can be the guy but you won't stfu about everybody else on the team. He is gonna have bad nights its not everyone else's fault. I even agree he isn't being used properly but all you do is get in here and **** on Tate and Wood and everybody else. There are other players besides Green. You don't have to spam variations of the same damn post.

14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He played better than he usually plays but he is still has a low bbiq and cant shoot and is a horrible passer. Just being honest.

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Pretty sure he can post whatever the **** he wants lol I liked a couple of them lol

16. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

The Rockets are getting better overall:
    Wood is not a clutch player, he likes to get his points early but he is still a 20/10 GUY
    Porter was dominant at some moments in the game, Booker or Paul could not stop him. He is getting better....being aggressive only 2 turnovers!!!
    Green gets intimidated especially when he gets his shot blocked....I remember Jordan or Kobe would keep driving to the basket hard (over and over) to get that layup or the foul.
    Sengun does not have great STATS but he is a team player and he does so many small things that helps the team. I'm surprise he is not getting limited rebounds, Also, I'm thinking he might be a PF and not a Center

What the Team Missing??? Experience and a Shot Blocker they need a young player who is a athlete and can block shots....like a young MoBamba

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

That was a good, competitive game against last year’s NBA Finalist. I don’t know why people here seem so bent out of shape. The team played like a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds, which they mostly are.

They played hard, and had some really good stretches of tough defense, hustle, and aggressive offensive play. The shots didn’t fall, but this is one of the first games this year I thought they looked like a real NBA team.

palmsnbananas and hakeem94 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he needs a better coaching, hed be a defensive beast with a defensive minded coach...

DeBeards likes this.
  19. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

He disappeared in the 2nd half, only had 4 rebounds.

20. BonziWellsGOAT

Ok simp

HP3 likes this.