1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Daniel Theis (4 years, $36M)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 2, 2021.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I mean I did see somebody calling for Jae'Sean Tate to be waived last night when he had an incredible game. Their logic was "he is stealing shots from Jalen and KPJ". Waived no less. Not even traded. Waived.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You have to admit though. The team may have an outline with minutes with a trade in mind for later in the season. Reassess what is happening after the trade deadline to see if you still disagree.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Clutchfans. These are the mean children of the streets up in here. There is no capacity for weakness.

rhee, hakeem94 and VickMackey like this.
  4. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

I agree with this 100%. I understand what the FO is doing, i just wished those guys played better right now. I'm hopeful that this team will look and feel much different after the deadline.

5. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

Yeah, maybe I'm a little bit impatient. And I know that the older guys are all role players that would look better on a vet and competitive team. But I think most of them are playing for stats and to get out of here as soon as they can, and I'm not sure how much they are contributing to help with the development of the youngsters. I also think coach relies on them a little bit too much, which I know is human nature and most other coaches would do the same.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Insanity

7. MC31B

MC31B Member

Differing reasons. Dipo was stat padding and Wall would just get angry and stop passing the ball and just went all ISO Joe play after play. Now what I am seeing is that the offense is simplistic and teams are reading the plays too easily. I am not saying Silas is perfect, but until Nick Nurse is banging down the door to get into the toyota center, we probably shouldn't write off a coach that our players want to play for and also has a stellar reputation around the league.

I agree the guy is going to need to grow some balls but I would take him over the doug collins/bobby knights of the world anyday. Lets see how his whole positive motivation mantra works out. Frankly he seems to be more of a professional than 90% of the coaches in the league.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

*2 more years + Team Option

I get it, they wanted more defense than Olynyk/next to Wood but still…not a great signing.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

from tradeline to tradeline rockets are going nowhere for a decade....just for once play the more competent players and it will be most financially viable in the long run

10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nah, Wall and Dipo were both running the exact same **** as KPJ this year, we blamed it on them, they were just running Silas' offense. Go back and watch a game, you're wrong.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sorry Alf I disagree for this season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. MC31B

MC31B Member

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe any offense looks better than the constant iso that pringles allowed. But I will watch closer with that in mind.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

your welcome Edson Arantes do Nascimento!
    [​IMG]
    btw pele would never approve of tanking and penny pinching, its so inappropriate that you carry his name and the profile pic....

D-rock and peleincubus like this.
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

BANGER PF laughs at you small ball nerd net ratings.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if only he were a banger... hes soft, just looks tough

D-rock likes this.
  16. SamFisher

He bangs - it's just he's banging air half the time

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The Jalen Only Fans are rabid.

Soon more and more people will be wishing for the days of LOFs.

D-rock likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

He's been a plus defender since his rookie until this season..... I feel like it's more of a team issue. It's just fascinating how such an insignificant player (~8 mi per year) draws the ire of so many people. 33 pg thread for Daniel Theis?

Little Bit likes this.
  19. SamFisher

I don't think people have adjusted to the supply chain issue. 8 million dollar Theis is the new 5 million dollar banger pf stiff

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

would you be pissed off if he were to steal minutes from MJ?
    now you know how we feel