1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series Astros vs. Braves

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 25, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We need starting pitching.

DD

gatsby, HTown2017Champs, HTM and 3 others like this.
  2. HeyBudLetsParty

Have Pena, Lee, Leon, Brown to look forward to next year. Hopefully the development of Garcia and Myers as well, can only really expect your team to make the ALCS at best. Baseball is random and this Atlanta team was better for this stretch of games, expect this team to be back.

PiPdAdY33 and UTSA2step like this.
  3. ExTexanNowEastCoast

I say F*^k the Braves, but I actually like living in Atlanta. It is a nice town.

UTSA2step and lw17 like this.
  4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's a minor miracle we got as far as we did with what we had, especially after McCullers went down. Valdez and Garcia pitched the games of their lives to get us to the World Series.

5. E-Man

E-Man Member

Astros should've lost in Atlanta on Sunday instead. MMP is not a safe place to play a World Series games.

everyday eddie and lw17 like this.
  6. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We really missed Springer at top of lineup …missing him / with Brantley CC and Alverez power disappearing …. Hell Yuli didn’t even give us any homers …

KelvinCato13, PiPdAdY33 and lw17 like this.
  7. Mattician

Mattician Member

Lost a couple of winnable games. The offense was hard to watch.

I'm more mad than sad.

UTSA2step and lw17 like this.
  8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not as mad about this as I was in 2019. That team blew it. This team ran out of steam and fizzled out. Still disappointing that the bats came up small yet again because all of our bats were healthy and able to play. To get shut out to close it out was weak. Oh well.

Swack, UTSA2step, whiskeyred and 2 others like this.
  9. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Ok brother. I must say I do admire your faith. I have seen enough; I have none.

10. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Impressive...

KelvinCato13 likes this.
  11. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Yep!

lw17 likes this.
  12. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

No I agree 100%. The damn baby shark, Soto’s arrogance, it was just too much. With the exception of maybe Swanson & Minter, I actually really like most of the Braves’ players. Tomahawk chop can go though…

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Not sure about the clutch part.

But definitely wildly inconsistent. It was a huge concern throughout the season.

Win a ton of games by a boatload of runs. Struggle in tight games at time. Bats go non-existent at times.

The 2021 Astros weren't a perfect team, but they were a better team than the braves, and we should be celebrating another WS (sounds familiar doesn't it). The braves were 1000x more clutch, used homers as huge momentum swings, and they used no less than 472 jaundiced, meth-addict, hilbilly lefty pitchers against us, and every single one might as well have been Johan Santana in his prime.

desihooper, Stephen66 and Tomstro like this.
  14. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

It’s not end of the world. Astros just need to get better this offseason and will do it again. We already won 2017 world championship. I know we want to win again.

PiPdAdY33 and UTSA2step like this.
  15. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Two thumbs up for the BOONDOCKs quote!

I wish I could get Stinkmeaner and the Hateocracy to pitch against the Braves. They wouldn't stand a chance!

[​IMG]

lw17 likes this.
  16. soxfan01

soxfan01 Member

Condolences folks. Hell of a season for you guys. I know it stings though, but you guys will be back to the big dance again.

until next year folks! I better get some sleep. Have a sick 2 year old that I’m sure will keep me up half the damn night ugh.

17. STR8Thugg

It's seriously depressing

And you're the only team that will EVER, like NEVER will it happen again in 150 ****ing years NEVER, to literally lose all 4 home games and sweep the road games.

6-4 in road games in the last 3 WS tho!

18. STR8Thugg

Extremely weird take considering the Astros payroll over the past 4 seasons.

19. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Not fun being a bridesmaid...but, you have to be in it to win it. Only 2 teams get to play in the WS...still gut wrenching.Even more so when McCullers is a spectator and, of course, Verlander. In the final analysis bats going cold and losing a couple of low scoring games were the difference.

20. STR8Thugg

Yeah key to a title is trade for 4 average outfielders with some pop. They don't have to actually be that good, just make sure they have good pop and strike out a TON.

For the bullpen you just have to scout out the closest methadone clinic and look for addicts signing in with their left hand.