1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 10/31/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Constantly having to remind people that a lot of superstars sucked their first year is kind of exhausting lol. Some sucked wayyy more than Green beleive that.

Dobbizzle, 18pbr and ThatboyPhuong like this.
  2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He’s good at moving without the ball, he’s great around the basket with second chance putbacks and rebounding, and he already has great chemistry with KPJ.

beardsanity713 and Mr Woods like this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

When you say a bunch, how many of the four threes that he took would you considered to have been open?

Regarding the rest of the post, if it’s true they are playing him like Gordon then that’s another knock against the coaching staff for playing him like a guy who has a completely different skill set rather than putting him in positions to do what he does best.

Dobbizzle and raining threes like this.
  4. Harlem

Harlem Member

starting lineup was 2/19 on 3s...yikes

ak99999, DeBeards and apollo33 like this.
  5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Pretty sure 3/4 threes were wide open, he shot one step back I think.

You don't get those often especially in the corner

6. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I hate it when the haters are here after a bad game and gone when he has a good game.

Jalen needs more touches tbh.

Dobbizzle, DeBeards and Joe Rocket like this.
  7. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I don't understand why we take so many threes when we don't have shooters..

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think he had 1 corner three.

1 of his other threes came with about 40 seconds left in the game. Definitely took one step back three.

this channel should have all of his plays up later today:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCwRkved6Tl3Os9BXuZPzTkA/videos

9. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Green had a rough shooting night, but tbh I am not worried about him. The guy I am starting to worry about is C.Wood, yeah the numbers are okay but his free throws are killing me man. He reaching Ben Simmons territory minus the defense by being 1-7 at the free throw line tonight. And the post ups from him has got to stop, he is not strong enough to back anyone down. And when he does shoots it in the paint, if he misses then all he does is asking the refs to call a foul. Need C. Wood to be a better free throw shooter for real.

Last but not least, love the way Sengun plays and KJ Martin should never be out of the rotation again with this current roster.

ak99999 and Joe Rocket like this.
  10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Him being out of the rotation is one of the big reasons why i have concerns about Silas as a coach. Even if you're a casual and you look at stats from last year you wou dl think KJ is better than tate house and nwaba at most things and he's more athletic.

Dobbizzle, fattz and DeBeards like this.
  11. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I promise you that Green has all the tools to be a SUPERSTAR, he will be the best at his position. I believe Cunningham, Green, Mobley and Barnes will be superstars.

12. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I am not seeing many comments about Green's assist and playmaking ability. He had 5 assists tonight which is great IMHO. The shooting will come but if he improves his playmaking that would be awesome!

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Missed a couple of games, do hope someone can chip in their opinion. Is green looking bad already ? Does he have any flashes of superstarisim in him at least ? Is he lost in the Silas system

14. totti_c

totti_c Member

wood attack the rim > turnover > fast break....

Dobbizzle and 18pbr like this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

16. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

LOLLLLLL Yo - Salman asking the most outrageous question yet in that EG vid @ 2:16.

"Other than that Utah game, this team doesn't get blown out that much. It seems like the games are always within 10-15 points. What does that say about this team's fight?"

Dude legit almost got EG to laugh there hahah

Dobbizzle and Tuckankhamun like this.
  17. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Glad to see Russ have a good game. It means he'll rip the ball out of LeBron and ADs hands in crunch time later on.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Half of them are bean stalks.

Green at 186 lbs, KPJ 203 lbs, and Wood who has been in the league for years 214 lbs.

Not sure how physicality is going to be imposed and when next season there will be new rookies joining.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I chuckled at the Toyota, Landry's shower curtain as the back drop.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Alperen Şengün has been good for the Rockets in less than 20 minutes per game off the bench. 2.5spg is amazing in 6 games and not playing really long minutes

PeterKingX, Ubiquitin and Joe Rocket like this.