1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A disastrous summer for Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Oct 29, 2021.

1. BonziWellsGOAT

Yes, there are certain ppl on this board that would rather be right than root for their own guy. Hence the wailing and gnashing of teeth on every missed Green bucket and silence when Mobley or Cade has a bad game. Let them have a good game tho and they come out of the woodwork. They don't matter and their opinions damn sure doesn't

Dobbizzle and Ramo$e like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

maybe if he played 35 minutes a night he would have already adjusted?
    playing in 3 minutes spurts disorients you and theres no reason for you to stay away from foul trouble

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. BonziWellsGOAT

@Bobbythegreat is a giant prick and nobody should take him seriously. The end.

4. BonziWellsGOAT

These mfs just want to be right so bad they couldn't give a **** less about the Rockets. Doesn't matter if it's 5 games in or not. Doesn't matter if rookies and especially rookie guards are notorious inefficient. Non of that matters they're gonna rub your nose in every missed shot and be silent when they go in. Don't interact with these clowns. They're bad for your health

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Suggs is not a small guard.

He is built like a football player.

fattz, tycoonchip and hakeem94 like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Just because I'm a Rockets fan doesn't mean I cannot be critical about them.

So funny how all these butt hurt posters are crying foul and gnashing their teeth when they were the very same fans who complained ad nauseum about the Rockets when they were top 5 team in the West.

Were all you Les, Morey, D'Antoni, Harden, CP3, Westbrook, Tucker, EGo, fill in the blank player and/or coach haters fake ass Rockets fans???

Get out of here with your dumbassery.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

I am a big fan of Jalen Green, and advocated for picking him over Evan Mobley (although I was pretty torn). However, I have to pretty strongly disagree with the notion that the Rockets would do anything other than evaluate and pick the best player for each draft. Mobley right now is doing very well playing next to Jarrett Allen and Lauri Markkanen; he's been adaptable enough to fit in with another natural 5 and a natural 4 in a supersized frontcourt. There's little question that he has the speed and fluidity to play with any big man you pair him with.

I also want to go back to the process 76ers; considering that the Rockets are going to be going through much of the same pain over the next two years, fans should absolutely look and learn from the good and bad things that came out of that full teardown and rebuild. The single best thing the Sixers did was to draft Joel Embiid, despite knowing he'd miss his entire rookie year due to injury. They did this because they believed in his franchise-altering potential, despite the fact that they already had Nerlens Noel on the roster from the year before, and that the 2015 draft was shaping up to be a truly historical one when it came to big men, with Jahlil Okafor, Myles Turner, and Karl Towns coming out of high school, Porzingis as an international prospect, and Frank Kaminsky/Willy Cauly Stein as college upperclassmen. Always draft for the MVP talent. One MVP and one total bust trumps two All-Stars every time.

I'm not going to write off Jalen Green at all at this time. To me, the biggest thing that I liked about the kid was his mental game, and how he just seemed both completely unflappable and how incredibly hard he worked. So even if he wasn't the best guy on day 1, I was convinced he'd get there eventually, and that's what would count in the end. I saw so much of Damian Lillard's DNA in him, about how if and when he wants his shot, he's going to get it. The guy gets so much space it is truly ludicrous. The makes will come with time and practice. He's probably going to be streaky for most of his young career, but he's got so much time and opportunity to grow right now, I am going to give him a long time before I start writing him off.

For Evan Mobley, I never though that he wouldn't be incredibly impactful on the court eventually, but I questioned how he was going to react when he eventually got knocked around and dominated as part of his rookie baptism. Is he the kind of guy who would grow from struggle, or shrink away from it? I'm super happy for him and Cleveland that he looks far ahead of schedule on offense, and wish only the best for him unless he's playing Houston. May he be a Cleveland Lifer and be the only person on the planet capable of defending Giannis.

Ramo$e likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this proves nothing imho... 76ers were never even a true contenders...just a pretenders...didnt win nothing and were not even close to winning anythin...couldnt even get past 2nd round for multiple years.... and now are an injury waiting to happen away from tanking for another 5 years lolololol

9. pippsux

pippsux Member

It hurts me to agree with you on this.

ashleyem likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I'm cool with people like you throwing tantrums and calling names.....but I'd be more impressed if you had something intelligent to say about what I've said on the issue. I noticed you failed to do so.

So yeah, I'm a big meanie and whatever other ad homs you want to throw while crying into your pillow......but I'm not wrong.

hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.
  11. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

It’s 5 games into the season bruh LMAO at the reactions on this board. Anthony Edwards and LaMelo Ball looked just as bad if not worse than Jalen currently is during their first 5 games. And we don’t know if Mobley and Barnes will continue to play this way 3 or 4 months within the season because their is a such thing that’s called the “Rookie Wall” seriously people need to hold of on the overreactions at least until we’re done with a quarter of the regular season. Also your talking as if you expected the Rockets to compete? They only won 17 games last season and just drafted 4 guys under the age of 20. If you expected anything less than a struggle for this squad especially this early into the season then you may as well stop watching now because it’s going to be a lot of low points and losses this season, but we’re building for the future and Rome wasn’t built in a day, just relax and watch this young team go through their struggles until they mature into the players we hope and expect them to be

#131 htownborn34, Oct 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    harold bingo and Ramo$e like this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

After 5 games
    Kobe (age 19...2nd season)
    Jalen Green (age 19...rookie season)

Player.......Pts....TOV...Blk.....Ast.....stl.....rebs....3P%.....FG%
    Kobe:
    ........13.4.....1.2.....0.4....*3.0.....1.4......2.2.......23%.....37.5% (97/98)
    J Green.....14.2......1.8....0.8......2.6.....1.0......3.8.......32%.....34.7%

* Kobe had Elden Campbell, Shaq, Rick Fox, Horry, Eddie Jones, Van EXEL to pass to.
    Different era.....post up play relevant in assists.

Also worth noting Kobe only started 1 game in 97/98; but started 6 games the prior season.

Williamson, 7uche and Ramo$e like this.
  13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I get your sentiment but 6'3-6'4 in the NBA is not that big anymore. Bigger than most people that are not professional athletes, sure. He's built like football player where? His head? He's ok. I wouldn't want to draft a undersized guard. Rather take that type of player as a proven product rather to gamble on it. A lot of these guards that everyone loved is struggling. Some guys were right it is a guards league but guards already in the league are faster, stronger and longer. A lot of them aren't even as strong as Nwaba let alone Kyle Lowry. I'm not saying Suggs can't be great, I personally didn't see his game transitioning well. He's not Young, He's not even Derrick Rose in his prime. Derrick Williams at best??

14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

No of course not but thank God those losers are gone. :D

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are clueless.

It's not his height that makes him a sturdy NBA ready guard.

Suggs is both THICC and long. Suggs may only be 6'4 but he is 20 lbs heavier than Green and has similar wingspan.

And he is switchable 1-3 and very good iso perimeter defender.

FYI, Suggs not just built like a football player, he actually was a star QB in college.

Do your due diligence.

Milos and hakeem94 like this.
  16. 7uche

7uche Member

Difference between criticism and straight up saying Green was the wrong pick. If you wanna beat your chest about being “right” about Mobley after 5 games go right ahead

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, it's not just about Mobley, there's more than one better player the Rockets could have drafted. I don't think people would have been upset if they had picked Barnes or Mobley over Green and if they had then fans wouldn't be needing to make excuses for their performances.

We took the hype pick and all too often the hype pick is a disappointment. Perhaps one day Green will round into a decent player, but I don't see many scenarios where he ends up being better than either of those 2 guys so it's completely fair to say that Green was the wrong pick.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. conquistador#11

Lol 6 games into the season. Ok.
    I need to see a full season.

tinman likes this.
  19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

LOL He can't even stop Kyle Lowry from backing him down. Get out of here dude. How is this midget going to even block De'Aaron Fox let alone some of the other premier guards taller than 6'3. Suggs is not CP3. Maybe he should have played football then. 20 lbs heavier than Green but shorter? That's a good thing? Do diligence for what? It's really not hard to see his game won't transition well. Dude is Kemba Walker at best.

#139 Ramo$e, Oct 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Green will drop 30 on the Lakers

BonziWellsGOAT and Ramo$e like this.