1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Nothing if he plays like this the whole season. But if you think his play is gonna continue like this, be my guest.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Too bad Kyrie is a punk.

RKREBORN likes this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This is why Harden had so many wtf moments in the playoffs.

When he’s not rewarded for the bs he shrinks.

Nets get playoffs James Harden all season now.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

RKREBORN likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I will always be a fan of the man
    There are only 2 Rockets I did not care for - Snottie and TWack
    The rest are Rockets Lifers

Rocket River

DreamShook, HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Funny, but I never once mentioned harden in my post.

Your IQ is trending in the wrong direction.

Squirtle, RKREBORN and HP3 like this.
  8. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

So glad the Rockets got rid of this liability. What an underachiever

9. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

'

Even Parsons? I'm glad we didn't get stuck with him, but he did us pretty dirty.

10. HardenVolumeOne

too be fair Kobe, wade and Jordan all benefitted from the old rules. Wade averaged 17fts a game in the 2006 finals

Swallowing the whistle in the playoffs only seemed to matter and affect harden. And his free-throw rate compared to the like wade, Jordan and Kobe in the playoffs prove it( whose free throws remained unchanged from regular season to playoffs)

BigM likes this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

You got Hardens name in your handle so I'm not sure if you'll agree but I don't remember any of those guys exploiting the way the game was called like Harden did/does.

Those guys may have gotten favorable calls but I don't remember them tailoring their game to getting free throws.

Driving to the rim and hooking guys arms and throwing his body into guys is such a big part of who Harden is as a player.

I vividly remember a lakers game when Harden was here and those guys were playing defense with their hands behind their backs because Harden was known for moving his arms up into the defenders or grabbing and hooking guys on his way to the rim.

Jordan, Wade and Kobe were never known for those types of things. Yeah all these guys flop, some more than others but when you start to do things simply for foul calls and you're not really trying to score anymore that is bad for the game and most fans of basketball are happy to see this crap being culled.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

this was one of my biggest gripes on Harden. when something isn't going his way, he doesn't just hoop. He is already more talented than 99% of the people on the floor (even when he is fat) and still tries to do that bullshit.

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You must literally think everyone bar LeBron James is an underachiever than in the NBA.

Yes?

vlaurelio and HP3 like this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

im known hater of James character but that's ****ing bullshit lol

Harden is just out of shape, fat and slow. Dude has HOF handles, passes and midrange game. He is getting old and is losing a step that's all, refs have nothing to do with it

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is a new format 3x3....like the Big 3 league

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I do remember Wade in his prime always jumped into defenders and got the call. I hated him for that.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

One of the main issues (aside from Harden playing like ass) for Brooklyn is that they're getting nothing from Claxton. Sure you don't expect him to put in double digit scoring on a nightly basis but he's having a crap time finishing around the rim on PnRs. That's like the only thing he needs to do on the offensive end but he can't do it right now and that puts the starting lineup in a hole offensively. So Nash has to take him out and put in a big that can score like Griffin (worked against the 76ers) into the lineup as a small ball 5. Then they get blown out by Miami because Adebayo abused Griffin.

Gone are the days when Harden actually had a great PnR buddy in Capela or days when he could count on his smallball center (PJ Tucker) to be competent on both ends of the floor. They have the personnel to beat most teams in their conference but against the teams with actual good bigs like Miami and Milwaukee...they might be toast if Harden doesn't get back to elite play.

18. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Lol harden flailing around as Butler cleanly strips the ball is an absolute embarrassment

cheke64 and Salvy like this.
  19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It’s not unusual for Harden to start off a season kind of slow, and this time he couldn’t train in the off-season as usual.

I’m confident he will look like the Harden of last year by midseason.

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

For all the Harden defenders, what makes you think Harden will be okay? I keep hearing, he will be fiiiiiiiine when he is healthy or well adjusted to the NBA rules... What are the reasons for thinking this outside of hopefulness.

Harden is not particularly young or in shape, he has played alot of minutes. In Houston he was playing nearly 40 minutes a night and doing hard carrying for many years. His signature shot is still not a good shot for anyone other than him and even he is having a hard time sinking it now. Has never played well under pressure and is now under more pressure than ever because he is expected to win. Its clear he may not be staying in Brooklyn, maybe he just does not care. But even if that was the case why would anyone believe in him? He is willing to destroy a team by forcing his way out, he is willing to put forth even less effort for the team that he forced his way to.

So what is it? What is it that fuels the hopeful heart? other than blind love....