1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 24, 2021.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Martin is a FA after the season. Not sure if I see Caserio trying to lock him up.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

3. raining threes

Don't forget about Deon Kendrick and there's a cb from Miss St that's really good too.

Say the Texans have the 4th pick and Hutchinson, Stingley are there, Who are you picking?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I really like Stingley, but I also want to make sure he’s healthy. If the trade goes through and picks are decent, maybe we can get both.

Rudyc281 and raining threes like this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Stingley we desperately need a top notch CB1

raining threes likes this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He will be healthy he’s out rest of the year and has all this time to get healthy and prepare for the draft.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Stingley hasn’t shown much improvement since his freshman season which is a concern. But we could sorely use a stud CB.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

10. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

Texans didn’t get a player in exchange for Ingram?

ROXRAN and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

This Kenny Pickett fellow has been getting some run the past week or so…I guess he will be the flavor of the week.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’m not taking leal over Hamilton Hutchinson or even Neal

raining threes likes this.
  14. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

A little analysis on the guy…

5) Kenny Pickett, Pittsburgh

Talk about ascension for the longtime Pittsburgh quarterback. We’re not quite talking a Joe Burrow or Zach Wilson level of rise, but we’re getting close to it with Kenny Pickett. Unfortunately for Pickett, he’ll likely get dinged in the offseason for his lack of hand size as the measurable critics should be out in full force against him. Sure, it may be an issue with gripping the football in certain conditions. Yet, his work on the field should be consumed and digested before dismissing him as a prospect due to his hand size.

Pickett is having the best college football season from a quarterback this year, by a large margin. He is fresh off his best performance against top competition, defeating Clemson with a gutsy performance. No one will ever question Pickett’s moxie or leadership qualities. And if 2021 is any indicator, no one should question his arm strength or ability to find open receivers.

Pickett has rarely been off this season, throwing just 1 interception. He’s hit receivers at every level of the field and is no product of a high-octane offense, even if his numbers look like it. His ability to make snap decisions and trust his arm from all angles only pales in comparison to his understanding of his arm strength and placement. Pickett’s rise is far from complete, but the writing is on the wall for a top NFL draft selection and some serious postseason hardware when 2021 is all said and done.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...pickett-matt-corral-continue-their-ascension/

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im still committed to Ross Blacklock on the interior. He may not be flashy, but the guy has been making some strides and getting better. I'd prefer that pure edge rusher and Hutchinson would fit in great with this front 7 vs overlapping talents with Blacklock and Leal. I really like Leal, dont think hes a bad player at all just looking at filling out the roster chemistry wise with all the available picks.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah I’m kind of passing on a D-lineman unless it’s Kayvon.

Martin
    Greenard
    Omenihu
    Blacklock
    Collins
    Lopez

Isn’t nothing to strike fear in other teams but it’s young and improving.

We need a shutdown corner in the worse way or a real true safety.

Stingley Jr
    Hamilton

Unless you can promise me a combo of Hutchinson and a CB like Gardner or

GK (DE from Purdue) and Elam or booth jr

ROXRAN and Verbal Christ like this.
  17. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Bama fan here. He is fasssst. I do have concerns about him dropping too many balls.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

19. raining threes

Man a DE combination of Thibadeaux or Hutchinson and Greenard would solve alot of problems.

Hutchinson at #4 and Kendrick/Emerson Jr or even Josh Jobe at 36 would be really good

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I may be in more on Kyle Hamilton vs Stingley honestly. I'd even throw Devin Lloyd into the mix to trade down a couple of spots - he could be a great MLB in this defense. Hutchinson too slots in as a day 1 4-3 DE. Stingley is a great talent. His foot hopefully wont flare up in the future. I think focusing on the defensive side the first few rounds should be the plan. Not seen as a CB heavy draft from what I've read so I wouldnt be surprised if either Booth Jr or Gardner are there at the top of the 2nd. Any combo of Hamilton, Kayvon, Aiden, Lloyd, Stingley or CB2/CB3 would be huge.

Rudyc281 likes this.