1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Green got more passing vision than KPJ.

Feel like KPJ might be a spark off the bench more than a traditional PG a few years down the line.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  2. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I don't think Barnes look better than Mobley. His raw stats might be slightly better (pretty close, Barnes 16.8 + 8.5 RPG + 1.3 APG + 0.5 SPG + 0.3 BPG v.s. Mobley 14.3 + 8.3 + 2.8 + 1.3 + 2.0, Mobley has a lot more assists, steals and blocks), but Mobley's versatility on defense is unmatched in this draft. I would give the edge to Mobley based on their current performance.

clos4life and Reeko like this.
  3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

More like
    1) dream 2)sam bowie 3) jordan

4. i3artow i3aller

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

I agree. It’s almost like he is frozen out of the offense at times. He gets his shot attempts, but they don’t seem to be in rhythm because he goes extended periods of time and possessions standing in the corner. When he does cut to the basket he doesn’t get the ball. Not very many easy shots over 4 games.

Dobbizzle and DreamShook like this.
  6. vator

vator Contributing Member

Impressed that he can do all those different things defensively and not foul. His feet are amazing, his position is too. He has a high ball IQ on both sides of the ball, but that was the scouting report when he was coming out. His ability to defend multiple positions without fouling and intelligence. Those things definitely translated to the next level for him.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, Green only took a team leading 16 shots, how was he supposed to look good with that few? Give him 40 shots a game and I guarantee he's averaging 30 points a game. His struggles are clearly everyone else's fault. He literally walks on water and changes water to wine.

GotGame15 likes this.
  8. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm hoping Green pans out but man, Mobley is looking better by the day.

tycoonchip and GotGame15 like this.
  9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Q: whosezno - Green and Sangun / Mobley.

Just asking’, as if drafted Mobs than likely no trade for Api.

10. jogo

jogo Member

All the data is from very small sample sizes. It suggests possible trends but these can change with more games, obviously.

Mobley has played 5 games. His stats look good in every game (I can't watch them) and that's not counting his defense (opponents shoot 3.7% worse against him than their average). That's nice solid production. And they've won 3 games in a row.

Barnes' numbers are also solid, though his defense has not been as advertised (at least not from the raw numbers).

Green played one great game and 3 mediocre ones. I don't think this means much as he's young and the season just started. But I would like to see better than 37.9% on 2 point FGs. So far, he shoots 50% on catch and shoot and 33.3% on pullups. Let's get more of the former. He shoots better with 0 dribbles (53.3%) and 1 dribble (57.1%) than with 2+ dribbles (33.3%, 27.8%, 30.8%). This looks to me like he is trying to drive and score on people like he did in the G league and it's not working because the NBA players are so much better. BUT, I think he needs to continue to do this so he can learn what does and doesn't work in the NBA. He could benefit from picking better spots to drive. He has to learn how to get his shot off without getting blocked in the NBA. I'm encouraged by his rebounds and assists, he's trying to do more things than scoring and that's very important for him.

11. jogo

jogo Member

Edit: Green has only been blocked 5 times. That's not that bad, I guess it's just the way he's been blocked that's memorable.

I didn't even bring up the lack of FTs! It's hard for me to decide how much of that is Green and how much is the refs not calling whistles for a rookie. Probably a mix of both. But no FTs through 4 games is a big problem that needs to be fixed (yes, I know FT rates are down everywhere).

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not going to be fun watching Evan Mobley's career arc. That's gonna be painful.

D-rock likes this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What would have stopped them from drafting Alp too?
    I actually think they would compliment each other very well.

D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  14. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

I can’t believe this thread is still active.

The Rockets didn’t draft Mobley. Get the f*** over it !

15. TimDuncanDonaut

Cavs beat another playoff team in the Clippers.

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

IMO it would have mitigated the need; your opinion is otherwise. So be it. I stick with mine, you too?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not saying ones wrong or right, I’m just saying I don’t think one would negate the other. Actually think Mobley at 3, Wood at 4 and Alp at 5 works defensively and offensively.
    Either way it doesn’t matter. I am happy with Green and Alp, hopefully Garuba turns into the elite defensive anchor.

D-rock and xiki like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Another 0 point night for Green and Cunningham.

tycoonchip and DreamShook like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

cavs sent KPJ to houston to sabotage Green. this is big brained stuff.

20. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

While the defense looks solid and I believe Mobley will be a hell of a player, is that Isaiah Hartenstein getting playing time on the Clippers? Clippers look pretty rough with the combination of players that are playing right now.