1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Helping D&Ders understand Economics and Capitalism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Oct 25, 2021.

?

why does a tech ceo make more money than an assembly worker?

1. tech ceo leads a company and shareholders and is rewarded based on profit and share price

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. an assembly worker does a job that can be done by anyone who is physically capable

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. James Harden makes $100 million and I don't, but I play basketball too

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Weird I always thought Roc Paint was gay. Didnt he date NBAer Justin James?

Nook, Squirtle and Andre0087 like this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

lol…

3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I don't have an issue with people doing what they want within reason it's just that the media coverage today vs 10 years ago is either race/sex/trans based without any real context to why that is. I care more about new unions being created, income inequality, medicare for all, and climate change initiatives than this fake bullshit put out by companies to retain their large profit margins.

I'm a moderate or independent...whatever you want to call it and I side with Democrats around 60-70 percent of the time so I don't know why you can't accept that every person associated with the party won't agree with you 100% of the time.

JumpMan and Squirtle like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Okay... Was I like suggesting otherwise?

No one is losing sight of incoming quality and climate change because companies go fake woke. The people who already care about these subject matters already know that company don't have any morals. They just follow market trends to maximize profits.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But you know why the ceo of Tesla makes more money than an assembly worker right ?
    It’s the same reason why Yao Ming made more money than Joe Chee

The person yelling his jealousy of Elon really does know
    He’s just jealous
    Just like Lin was jealous of Harden

don’t need to be a Democrat or Republican
    Or even North Korean to figure this out

6. fchowd0311

No one is saying a assembler should be making as much as a CEO.

It's called frame of reference and change over time. If by the odd chance you aren't trolling like usual I would suggest looking at the average ratio of CEO/worker pay in the 60s compared to today.

Edit: **** it I know you aren't going to look it up because you are here to laugh at your own shitty comedy.

It was 21/1 in 1965 and today it's 351/1.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

Elon’s salary is really actually really low. he’s just compensated in stock, because he’s not a dumb assembly worker

https://www.businessinsider.com/elo...ropped-zero-2020-pay-electric-vehicles-2021-8

Musk's 2020 salary dropped to zero, according to an update filed with the SEC on Friday.

His salary in 2019 had been $23,760. In 2018, it was $56,380.

Under his 2018 compensation agreement, Musk's total compensation package is stock-based. His options vest based on his ability to push the company to hit certain operating metrics.

8. fchowd0311

You actually posting this tells me you think this isn't common knowledge. Yes the vast majority of CEOs get most of their wealth from capital gains from stock options. Every single poster here already knows that.

We know. And over time the wealth ratio between the worker and the executive has ballooned to a unsustainable level.

And Elon isn't doing as much of the growing of value of the company as much as the engineers actually designing which he doesn't, and the assemblers who are putting together extremely complex machinery.

I bet you that Elon would be lost in a Assembly and machinist shop floor. You might want to stop putting them down just to suck Elon's dick.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Thank goodness Elon is smart enough not to live in Boston

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rampant capitalism and worshiping those that basically steal their way to the top off of others labor is a lack of depth in understanding.

When we had the Robber Barron era, with rampant runaway capitalism, we had 10 year olds working in the mines, we are now in Robber Barrons 2 - where we have tech billionaires going to space while most of their workers (amazon) can't afford their own apartment - and their companies pay zero in taxes because they pay off politicians.

This is destroying our country.

The poor in this country have no idea how Elon hides his money - in Roth IRAs and doesn't pay any taxes on his capital - he can't put the stock into the Roth IRA himself, but if his employer does it, he is protected from capital gains and all taxes, it is a loophole that is costing this country BILLIONS in taxes.

Amazon and 54 other top companies paid 0 in taxes because they pay off politicians - lobbying and greed are killing this country.

And for the record, I am a CEO of 2 tech companies - and have stock in both, but I pay my taxes.....I just think the worshipping of Musk, and Bezos, whom I respect, is stupid - they should be admired for what they built, but them avoiding paying their fair share is a major problem.

DD

Deckard and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. fchowd0311

I don't live in Massachusetts anymore just to inform you so you can change your passive aggressive beta b**** statements to reflect the current situation.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

@Xerobull
    He who controls the spice
    Controls the world

Xerobull likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This is the song that pops into my head any time I cook.

tinman likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

EON
    plus L
    =
    ELON

He controls the SPICE

the people who hate Elon don't want the SPICE TO FLOW

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Angular Momentum Quantum Number (L)​

The angular momentum quantum number, signified as (l), describes the general shape or region an electron occupies—its orbital shape. The value of l depends on the value of the principle quantum number n. The angular momentum quantum number can have positive values of zero to (n − 1). If n = 2, l could be either 0 or 1.​

Going to need further Gematria on this one.

tinman likes this.
  16. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

This is simple

TSLA stock = $1070

If you are an assembly worker who has 0 shares then +0
    if you are an assembly worker for Tesla and have 100 shares then +107000 bucks

the conclusion of this is simple

@deb4rockets = assembly worker who spends his money on Bernie Sanders hair products vs an assembly worker from Tesla who's smart enough to get shares in the company

Xerobull likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I frequently get very bothered by much of the rhetoric going after billionaires. I have no problem with someone making billions for developing new technology, markets, and etc. I don't begrudge at all Billionaires taking space trips and think that it is necessary if we are going to make a long term move off of this planet. Further I also think Capitalism is still the best way of distributing resources and creating new innovation.

I can agree with you though that there are some big problems with how the wealthy move and hide wealth but I see this problem as being with our tax system which incentivizes hiding money because of how complex and lack of transparent it is. This is a big reason why I've switched my views on the flat tax. I think a far simpler tax code that is very transparent would greatly improve collection and lead to a fairer tax system. While the wealthy would benefit from lower marginal tax rates they would likely pay more in effective rates.

DaDakota and Nook like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Squirtle likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Maddox is the ****.

Squirtle likes this.