1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series Astros vs. Braves

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 25, 2021.

1. CinematicFusion

We are a great ball club, we will find a way to win tonight.

Tfor3, STR8Thugg and Squirtle like this.
  2. JazzLakerHater

And the same amount of wins in Dodger Stadium as well. Utterly pathetic.

3. the shark

the shark Member

Yuli needs to be moved back to 5th in the order. Correa is struggling and thus they're pitching around Yordan not really giving him anything to hit.

4. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Hopefully Urquidy puts up some 0's early on and the bats scores some runs early to take pressure off Urquidy. I don't want Urquidy being afraid to make a mistake so he ends up walking batters. Also taking a early lead will take the pressure off the batters. They can relax and do there thing rather than trying to over do it because they're behind and trying to score runs.

htwnbandit and Squirtle like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/2915710/202...uts-the-astros-in-an-early-world-series-hole/

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Dansby Swanson did hit a 408 foot out.

7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

And jobbed a possible DP ball.

We seemed to make a lot more uncharacteristic mistakes than them though.

8. Pipedream

Pipedream Contributing Member

I firmly believe this team performs better when under pressure. We have seen it time and again the past 5 years.
    1. I thought going into the series that CFM was their X factor. He potentially could have shut the Astros down for 2 starts and then come in relief to close the series in Game 6 or 7. That advantage is now gone.
    2. Can the Braves jump on the Astros starting pitching for 3 more games? They have to. The Astros bullpen has finally rounded into shape and is a clear advantage especially since the Braves top relievers have all had extended stints in Game 1.
    3. Coming out flat was probably to be expected after such an exhausting comeback against the Red Sox. It might even carry over to Game 2, but this team finds improbable ways to win.
    I am hoping for a huge outburst at the start of tonight's game. Fried was beat up pretty well in his last start against the Dodgers and I think fatigue may be setting in.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yikes. Stop swinging for the fences....

STR8Thugg likes this.
  10. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Obviously bad to lose one at home. But the Astros got double lucky in that Morton got hurt and Odo ate 2.1 without too many pitches, so the Braves don’t have a pitching usage advantage going forward (although I think the Braves will get to replace Morton on the roster). Not a good sign that the Braves 2nd tier hitters did well. The Astros must have Altuve get hot NOW and they really need a gem from Urquidy and/or Garcia to have a shot.

CinematicFusion likes this.
  11. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Last time the astros go up against an evenly matched team, they got swept.

Not a good track record for the astros currently.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The one drawback of fans making their players into heroes is that some of them some of the time think its their obligation to be the hero.

Both Altuve and Correa are in heroball mode. Brantley, not a heroballer, needs to knock them on the side of the head.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  13. CinematicFusion

I think Altuve is due. It’s Bregman and Correa that look lost.

14. ExTexanNowEastCoast

If I recall, the Nats outplayed Verlander, who put up two stinkers at home no less, along with our bullpen, which was trash.

I get that the man has more important things to get to at home (;)), but he could have at least kept the Nats to two runs.

Grienke and Cole were awesome, however, which is what kept us in the series. If not for their pitching in D.C., we could have been swept.

That Nats team had the best record in the league after May 15th, about a game better than us. They were a solid team with a good mix of solid veterans and Soto, who is a beast. They also got to run Strasburg and Scherzer out there for 4 games. That helps a lot.

15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Yuli needs to bat 3rd with Bregman dropped to 7th or benched for Diaz. Bregman’s inability to drive anything and Altuve’s inability to get on base is hurting the offense far more than Correa is.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  16. the shark

the shark Member

Disagree on where to put Yuli. Yordan is the biggest threat and as I mentioned if Co
    rrea isn't hitting (which he's not) they can just pitch around Alvarez to face CC. With Yuli behind Yordan they can't pitch around him.

Bregman and Altuve is another discussion.

17. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

This isn’t 2019 all over again, it’s 2005…

CK Johnson likes this.
  18. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

It's 2021 for the first time.

Did you not just see the Boston series where a 2-1 series deficit felt a lot worse and they were down a run heading in the 8th inning of game 4? Some folks on here can't remember last week but can remember the details of 2019 and 2005.

#1798 marks0223, Oct 27, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  19. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I believe Astros will bounce back. The series just getting started.

The Beard and BigM like this.
  20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Astros are getting swept.

CK Johnson likes this.