1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Many top NBA players hesitant to promote coronavirus vaccines

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JumpMan, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I really hate it when people use examples like this. Just because I'm not a doctor means I cant do my own research? Do you know what doing your own research looks like JVG? It's not blindly accepting what the news tells you or what their selected doctors are saying. It's visiting the websites of the CDC, Pfizer, fda, moderna, etc., and reading the fine print. Its going to the cdc website and seeing 99.8% of people are fine. It's looking at what other countries are doing who have received some of the same vaccines. It's seeing the difference in preventive measures vs putting everyone on ventilators.

It's also looking at the actions of our "leaders". The vast majority of people who get hospitalized or die from covid are obese or overweight yet you did not see any kind of "exercise power hour" on tv when all those press conferences were happening. Instead you see incentives for more refined sugar after getting the vaccine. If covid was so bad then why dont we have hazardous waste bins everywhere for all this mask trash I see? Why dont the cdc, nih, or fda have vax mandates? If this is so bad why do cities like SF not care if visiting athletes or performers have the vaccine?

Just because JVG's doctor is a "big cancer guy" doesnt mean he is also an infectious disease expert. And lets not act like doctors dont ever give wrong diagnosis and remember medical malpractice is one of the leading causes of deaths annually. People discount doctors nowadays who have long lists of credentials solely because they arent all for this rushed vaccine. Why dont those credible doctors get listened to?

Lol well you could say the same thing about covid couldnt you, especially if yourr under 60 or have no underlying conditions.

#442 Scarface281, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    Tuckankhamun likes this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You are misunderstanding JVG's quote here. I don't think he is saying that his doctor friend is an infectious disease expert, he is simply making the point that a guy like his friend, has done actual research, versus some of the amateur research that we as individuals do on our own. Ultimately, the majority of us are listening to the experts on the subject matter. The experts have actually done thorough research, have read through medical journals, or whatever, and they are a hell of a lot more qualified in giving us advice than we are going to do our own research.

I don't think JVG is discrediting doing your own research, but I do believe he is frustrated with individuals doubting the experts because in reality, you don't actually have a full understanding of the research you are doing nor do you take part in any expert panels, etc etc.

That's not to say experts can't be wrong, lord knows we all saw Fauci tell the whole world that masks would not make a difference only to backtrack on his own statement a few months later. The facts are that listening to an actual expert on the subject matter will give us a lot better odds to get through whatever we are questioning their expertise on. Once again, people make mistakes, but I'm sure you wouldn't go to a chiropractor for a heart condition? Or you wouldn't do your "own research" and not believe your cardiologist. In general, even those claiming that the rest of us are sheep, for the most part do actually pay attention to the experts lol. COVID though, became political, and well here we are. I am sure we can all do some sort of research, but ultimately, we all have hobbies, we all have jobs, we all have a ****ing life, that in reality we really are not qualified to give any actual advice to anyone, so the reality is that we do rely on the experts more often than not. Even if we had all the time in the world, you aren't going to become an expert by reading multiple articles and watching videos on line, otherwise, becoming a doctor, or researcher, etc would be a hell of a lot easier to do.

4. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

That was my point, dude. Don't be a selfish p***y and just get the vaccination.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

6. i3artow i3aller

You hate to see it. Need Jaylen back to his healthy ways.

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut and Reeko like this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

8. i3artow i3aller

#448 i3artow i3aller, Nov 3, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Looks like Aaron Rodgers is an anti vaxxer too.

10. Scarface281

Not getting the covid jab does not make one selfish. You do what you want and inject what you want into your body but don't forcing it on others through coercion or other means is wrong. People don't like that, even ones who got the vaccine, so we're starting to see that sentiment play out more in the public.

ERs are more packed now than ever and it isn't because of covid. It's because of blood clots, heart issues, abdominal pain, etc. Now they're trying to tell us a new disease called MIS-C affects kids' organs and trying to say it comes from coronaviruses. Like this has never been a thing before but they start pushing it hard as soon as jabs got approved for kids. Too much of an agenda for me and I don't blame the athletes who pass on it, but everyone has the right to do what's best for them.

11. homewight

NBA players have oodles of basketball talent. No one said they were smart. If you don't get vaccinated, you are a bigger drag on society than the mythical welfare queen ever was.

12. homewight

It make you terribly selfish. There is a tiny, tiny, tiny risk involved with it it. It's free. And it works. You just don't want o be told what to do like a whiny teenager. That is selfish. There is no poitical agenda. That has completely been fabricated by people like you.

jogo likes this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

lol okay

14. Scarface281

How does it work if I can still catch covid and spread it with similar viral loads? I got my polio shot and am never getting polio, yet I'll need a new covid shot every 4-6 months to keep the immunity up (whereas natural immunity can be for a lifetime but lasts longer than any jab). You complain that people who don't want it are whining like teenagers because they don't want to be told what to do, yet here you are calling people all kinds of things just because you don't like them having free will to choose what goes in their body.

Seriously this jab will potential lessen the chance someone like me goes into the hospital due to covid but guess what? That risk was already super small anyways and there's still too many unknowns with the jab. Less than 800 kids have died over the last 18 months from covid yet we are acting like there is a crisis among kids with covid. As soon as these kids start being forcefully jabbed you are going to see injuries pop up left and right that the media will say is MIS-C, but are really vax injuries like we're seeing now in ERs. This is similar to athletes who are much less at risk due to their bodies and age, yet some are being coerced to take it and we see the effects with more players collapsing now more than ever due to heart conditions - https://www.thenationalnews.com/wor...o-as-icelandic-player-emil-palsson-collapses/

When has natural immunity ever not mattered until now?

You say political agenda but that's not at all what I'm talking about. This is a NWO agenda and they know no political party...

I know someone who works for Kaiser that got the jab and is now having vision issues in her left eye. Kaiser usually offers compensation for vax injuries in the past but with this one? Nope she is on her own and has to take a leave of absense unpaid for taking something her employer MANDATED. Ask yourself, why did OSHA change their rules and now say employers are not required to report vax injuries after mandating it for employees? There is no reason to do that if we really want to accurately track adverse effects.

Why doesn't the NIH or CDC have vax mandates? Why did Congress refuse one for themselves? I'll bet you'll say because they were all jabbed...

We already know pfizer manipulated their results. I wonder what else is going to come out with time: https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635

#454 Scarface281, Nov 4, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm sorry for your friend and I hope she recovers soon. That being said, there's a lot to unpack here because it's not just the eye issue. First, the reaction (assuming it was a reaction) to the COVID vaccine. Without looking up the numbers I'm going to assume she's a part of a very minute group of people who had a reaction like the one she did due to the vaccine. If this vision issue occurred at a higher rate of the vaccinated population then we can get a discussion going on that. Basically, taking one (while personal) case of a bad reaction to a vaccine that's help to prevent thousands of COVID cases as one of your main reasons to not get vaccinated is pretty extreme.

Second, I feel for her because Kaiser has one of the worst insurance I've ever had to deal with. That was the case a decade ago when I worked at MD Anderson and they refused to let anyone in their network get treatment at MD Anderson. Every month there were a couple of patients that wanted to come in for a consult for lung or throat cancer that had Kaiser Permanente insurance and, every single time, those patients were denied to be seen. Even if they had an HMO plan and their PCP referred them to MD Anderson, denied claims would pile up and the patient would have to fork over money out of their own pocket. Now I'm not saying what happened in 2011-2012 is happening in 2021 in terms of patient benefits via Kaiser but if it's anything like what I saw back then she had a tough hill to climb out of the gate already with her employer and its benefits.

Lastly, and free to correct me if I'm wrong here, a mandate for vaccination wouldn't have been possible via the CDC because that's not their job--their job is to provide the most accurate and best information in regards to COVID, based on research done by experts in their respective fields, and then let the governing bodies determine what is the best, most sound, decision they can make for their people.

16. i3artow i3aller

17. homewight

Who gives a **** about the NWO? Whio the **** is the NWO, other than one of the GOP's imaginary boogey men? Seriously, define the NWO and gimme some names. And maybe be a little creative and ceom up with a name other than Soros.

You're are a selfish b**** too lazy to listen to more than one source of news. You're not going to do what's right becasue of the the NWO? It would be laughable if not so pathetic.

18. homewight

**** his friend. I am sure she does not exist. And if by the slimmest of chances she does, there is no way to confirm wheter the vaccine cuased this mysterious eye problem. Do spoons stick to her cheeks, too? This guy is a **** stain that is doing nothing but repeating what he's hearing from other **** stains.

19. Scarface281

Whether you believe this woman is suffering or not, I honestly don't care. If I would have said she got COVID and had the same issue you would be all for it but because it may be caused by a vax injury you want to throw insults because you aren't mature enough to have a real conversation like an adult.

Dude the NWO is not some conspiracy theory. World leaders have been saying it for decades. George Bush Sr was one of the first in the early 90s. There have been several heads of state who have mentioned it since then. There's video all over of them using the phrase and it ramped up the past year. If you don't even know something simple like that, why should anyone listen to you?

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/...eorge-h-w-bush-s-1990-new-world-order-speech/

The World Economic Forum wants us off animal meat and onto insect meat for protein in the next couple years due to the environment. I bet you think that's a conspiracy too even though it's a quick google search away. Lmao man

#459 Scarface281, Nov 4, 2021
  20. Scarface281

I actually have Kaiser health insurance. They've come a long way from being "killer Kaiser" back in the 80s-90s, and I have a pretty damn good copay ($10). Now I never said her issue was why I haven't gotten it and listed my reasons earlier. This vaccine has produced the most adverse effects of any vaccine ever according to VAERS and that is in just a short amount of time. Yes hundreds of millions got vaccinated quickly which is why the numbers are high but it doesn't negate the risks.

The last time a vaccine came out this early was the Swine Flu one in the 70s (60 Minutes did a piece on this). Once the report was concluded it turns out the government withheld information and manipulated results (kind of like what pfizer did with this vaccine). The time before that was the first polio vaccine. With polio already dropping 90% due to better sanitation and indoor plumbing a vaccine was still introduced but it was rushed. Because so many people had complications they pulled it. Years later here comes the Salk vaccine but people were VERY hesitant. In order to break that, the government got Elvis to go on live TV (at the height of his fame) in order to sway public opinion.

As far as mandating vaccines, the CDC employs people like anywhere else and are above the 100 person threshold biden set out. They can certainly mandate vaccines for their people but they won't. Same thing with the FDA, NIH, and Congress. You have to wonder why these agencies aren't mandating vaccines for their employees yet are pushing it on the people.

Edit: here's the video

#460 Scarface281, Nov 4, 2021