1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series Astros vs. Braves

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 25, 2021.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Five straight home World Series losses....

ramotadab likes this.
  2. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Difference between them and this team is there is no Scherzer and Strausburg's on that ATL roster.

Don't fret, we got this tonight.

ROCKSS and ktex like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Houston Sports almost never make it easy. While the 1995 Rox swept the Finals they had to come down 3-1 against the Suns in the second round, 2-1 in a best of 5 against the Jazz in the first round and limped into the playoffs as the 6 seed.

Frustration rather than elation is the norm for Houston Sports fans..

4. Radricky

Radricky Member

Everything went the braves way.
    We even the series tonight.

5. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

We've been in worse shape than this many times, I bet the sun comes up today.

BigMaloe, Houstunna, SWTsig and 2 others like this.
  6. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Gotcha. I was like I don't remember them being THAT bad for the entirety of the playoffs.

the shark likes this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don’t feel super confident about tonight’s game but either way I like us to take this series late.

Squirtle and the shark like this.
  8. ktex

ktex Member

God, I hope you're right. One WS win for this amount of talent would be such a (sports) tragedy.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Well, we have to make the Morton injury matter. If we go down 0-2 heading to Atlanta, the Braves may never even feel his absence. Especially if there's a rainout for Game 3.

If the Astros can get their sh-t together offensively tonight and Urquidy can rebound from the ALCS, then I like our chances to at least bring this back to MMP. Game 3 is Garcia vs Anderson. Game 4(barring a rainout) is a bullpen game for both teams. And Game 5 would be Framber vs......Fried on 3 days rest? Those are all tossups.

10. Elienator

Elienator Member

Hitting is hard. Alvarez performance at the end of the ALCS made these slumps not matter. If you change the at bats where Tucker got his hits it would have been a very different game and possibly still made the slumps not matter. I expect at least one of them breaks out next game, so hopefully Yuli, Tucker, and Brantley can keep things going.

Altuve was never a disciplined hitter and altering his swing for more power leaves him prone to these slumps. He's not going back to the old Altuve, but it would be nice to seem him demonstrate a more situational approach at times. He's shown he still has the ability to go deep into counts, and I think pitchers are expecting him to swing first pitch right now.

Bregman clearly benefited from the juiced ball. He hasn’t had a fully healthy season recently, but he’s still a good hitter. However, the difference of him
    having 20 HR potential vs 40 HR potential is big.

I feel bad for Morton. Dealing with the grind of the season and then getting to the WS and being hurt sucks. Glad to hear he should be back at full strength next year.

raining threes likes this.
  11. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

We win tonight, we win the series.

Get runs early and never look back.

P.S - I really ****innn hate when ppl you don't usually text, all of a sudden want to rub it in on the astros loss.

12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I felt the same way brother... Still do, but it's a new day. Got a decent meditation in this morning, and positive vibes are flowing.

Let's take this in 5!!

Okay, okay, let's start with a W tonight.

Go Stros!!!

BossHogg713 likes this.
  13. ExTexanNowEastCoast

That is a distinct possibility. Rain Thursday through Saturday here in Atlanta.

raining threes likes this.
  14. Elienator

Elienator Member

Altuve had a really good line through Game 1 of the ALCS, Correa through Game 4 of the ALCS. Bregman was an 0-fer this game, but has hit safely in 8 of the previous 10 games. His OPB is fine, but he's basically just been getting single/walks and not doing much else.

everyday eddie and Squirtle like this.
  15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

A rainout of Game 3 would allow Framber to go on full rest in Game 4. Despite him laying an egg last night, I'd prefer that to a bullpen game with Greinke starting. It also bails out the Braves and lets them send Fried out there for Game 5(assuming Atlanta doesn't sweep our asses), but if this gets back to MMP, that's when it really affects their pitching staff since the travel day would be canceled.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Everything did not go Braves way last night but true we can still win

Squirtle likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sports can be cruel and weird. Consider all the great Braves teams of the 1990's. Those teams were stacked with perhaps the greatest starting pitcher rotation of MLB history. They could only win one WS.

Houston fans very well should know that talent doesn't always lead to 'ships. Think about the Killer B's, Nolan Ryan, Warren Moon, Earl Cambell, Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, and of course James Harden. All of them phenomenal players who are either in the HOF or going to be. None of them could get a championship to Houston.

The Altuve, Correa, Bregman Stros have already won one Championship, been to another WS, and still have a strong possibility to win another. They've done more for this city than most Houston Sports Legends.

18. CinematicFusion

In Urquidy we Trust!

raining threes and Squirtle like this.
  19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

We got absolutely smoked by Boston 2 games in a row then went on a 3 game tear. For all the noobs, baseball is crazy, have some confidence in these guys.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/2916038/202...astros-and-the-series-is-already-upside-down/