1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 10/26/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2021.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'd also like to say. I am hoping this team is so loaded in 2 years that KPJ will be playing a bench role at that point. Being a 25 minutes per game guy that controls the 2nd unit. At least that is the way I hope it works out.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The knee jerking needs to stop. The young bucks are doing alright. They have to learn how to play a 48 minute game with their style. That's tough. One step at a time they will be really good. For right now they need to bring maximum effort on defense particularly the boards so they can run more. In the half court they need a couple of pet plays simple basic offense where they can a quality shot and you grow.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's not just about minutes, it's about the practices with the team, with fellow players, the off-seasons, working with the coaching staffs. KPJ is a 3rd year player, call it stupid if you want. He's not comparable to a rookie, that's an unintelligent comp.

I know you'll go back n forth for 5 pages, we just disagree.

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We suck. Christian Wood is the only piece worth keeping he scores so easily. Everyone else can go!

5. bj3175

bj3175 Member

KPJ is fine he is growing up learning how to run a team at this level. He has the talent he just needs more repetition.

6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Contact really seems to throw him off. Defenders bodying him up absolutely destroys his rhythm with the ball. I can live with a 21 year old that needs to learn to keep the dribble alive, not to jump with nowhere to go... he's gotta be stronger with the ball.

Overall this was very evident, this team is the finesse-iest. Wood can't handle contact either. Jalen Green getting the Donthicc treatment DUDE PULL THE CHAIR OUT. Refs going shitty refs forget em. Quit trying to not foul and getting ticky tack calls. Start fouling the ever-loving snot outta guys. They got beat but they got beat up. Man I can't STAND that, the Mavs were hackin HACK EM BACK.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Joe Rocket likes this.
  8. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

How many plays do you see being run for Jalen Green right now? How many lob plays to take advantage of that athleticism? How many actions with Green on back door cuts? Do you see him coming off pin downs and screens for wide open 3s? He’s barely given the chance to go down hill on PnR.

Far too often he’s ignored on offense. They only feed him the ball off broken plays where he’s then forced into an ISO and taking contested 3s. Not easy to do; especially after not being in a rhythm after several possessions of not touching the ball.

We’re not maximizing his skill set, the same way we’re not with Sengun. It’s holding back their development.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

@ApacheWarrior hold onto that Thunder win tight and don't let go.

The winless Thunder that is : )

tmoney1101 likes this.
  10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Looking at the box score everything looks pretty even.
    Rockets actually shot much better from 3.
    Mavs had 4 more blocks...
    We only had 3 more turnovers than they did...I don't have the data, but I'd be willing to bet we had quite a bit more live ball turnovers than they did.

It was a good game overall, minus little mistakes here and there that led to the L.

D-rock, Joe Rocket and apollo33 like this.
  11. MystikArkitect

Wood and Green need a real PG to set them up. I'm cool with riding KPJ for the year but if he doesn't show improvement then thats a position that needs addressing and he can come off the bench next year. Dude looks like he's playing at Rucker Park out there.

Crashlanded19 and Joe Rocket like this.
  12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

They lost to the warriors tonight by fukin 8.

D-rock and ThatBoyNick like this.
  13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I like to admit when Im wrong, I owe John Wall an apology. KPJ is not ready yet. Hopefully he comes around and realizes he's the point guard in the next few games. Im not asking him to be an allstar but I thought he was more of a willing passer in the right spots and I overestimated his ball handling skills..

Crashlanded19 and PeterKingX like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  15. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I agree he is not an elite performer but I do not think that should be an expectation from him with such young players surrounding him. In his first 3 games with Harden, he was efficient scoring 33, 23, 21 with an average of 57% shooting. In his first 3 games this year he scored 16, 31, 20 but averaging 47%. Players like Wood thrive with good passing PGs and SGs. Hope this changes and Porter becomes a consistent ball distributor.

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Scoot turns the ball over too much we actually went on runs when he sat.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Silas might put that on his resume

“Won against that only lost to Warriors by 8, I’m also great with kids...”

tmoney1101 and D-rock like this.
  18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Wood is supposed to be trying to be an allstar this year not a role player. He needs to be able to go one on one late in games or else then he's not who everyone says he's gonna be. Thats all im saying. Youre basically proving my point if you're saying he needs easy passes to the rim to get buckets.

Dobbizzle and Mr Woods like this.
  19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I think he'll be a good player not a point guard though.

GotGame15 likes this.
  20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

There is no pass button in KPJ’s basketball, especially when Green is wide open.

Joe Rocket likes this.