1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 10/26/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He could score, he was bricking as well. Again he is our leading scorer and supposed to be trying for most improved player. He doesnt show up in big moments. He needs to be posting up and calling for the ball late in games against good teams.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I could maybe be with you on some of the other stuff, but Green blew at least a couple of layups this game and had open 3's that he missed.

3. jch1911

jch1911 Member

include the House stat line & blooper real as well

4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

[​IMG]

5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Silas doesn’t seem to understand that getting Jalen Green involved is important.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Luka only eating the chocolate flowers.

Ramo$e likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

KPJr is not a long-term solution at PG…he’s just not

let the congregation say amen

Dobbizzle and Ramo$e like this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Cleveland fans looking at us and laughing.. sad for us..

hakeem94, DeBeards and Ramo$e like this.
  10. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin Member

Just 14 minutes for Sengun?
    What a huge shame!!
    Silas really hates Sengun, fire him.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

But also a high assist game. He also had a really solid all around game with the exception of the turnovers. 13 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds and 2 steals. But for whatever reason some of you guys will just focus on the turnovers.

Meanwhile, Green was tied for a game high in field goal attempts and was a god awful 4-16. I still love that kid and am sky high on his potential, but it's lame how you guys are picking on KPJ.

Anyway, I'm just proud that they played to win for 48 minutes. They never gave up. Some great moments from Sengun (even though it doesn't really show in the box score) and KPJ among the kids. Christian Wood was really good. Jae'Sean Tate had a bad game but still did so many of the little things. Daniel Theis with the super strong double double! Danuel House got hurt, but actually looked like an NBA basketball player for the first time this year before that. And Eric Gordon was phenomenal.

There was a whole lot to like. We probably would have won if they'd have played Josh Christopher.

hakeem94, D-rock, GotGame15 and 3 others like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

people tell me KPJr has a quick first step, but I just don’t see it

What am I missing?

I don’t see him blowing by anyone…he uses a ton of dribbles and spin moves and barely gets separation

hakeem94, JW86 and ThatboyPhuong like this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The defensive effort was there for everyone tonight, especially KPJ. Thats a positive.

Green still looks like a child amongst men in everyway. I feel like he's not really within the flow of the game kinda odd man out amongst the other 9. I wish he shows some emotion and aggression like KPJ tonight

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

lol this is perfect @i3artow i3aller gotta make a gif, lol

#894 DreamShook, Oct 26, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    hakeem94, DeBeards and Ramo$e like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Theis got 15 and 10 tonight, so expect that to continue

Theis will probably need to get injured for Sengun to get a real opportunity

hakeem94 and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94, DeBeards, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

KPJ played a way better game than Green. As much as he turned it over tonight, he put a lot of pressure on their defense, he's really looking to attack and that definitely opened things up. He was really out there hounding every player on defense too.

Green is like too timid, zero intensity and looked nervous. That's why he blew layups and open 3's. He needs to play with confidence and anger

Williamson likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bro...he got 16 shots while shooting 25%

How much more involved does he need to be? 20? 25 shots?

Green got touches, he passed quickly the majority of the time instead of attacking or ISO'ing... as he probably should, he just isn't ready to be an offensive creator right now.

Armoni Brooks is likely a better player right now than Green, and he's not getting 35 mpg and 16 shots. Silas is giving Green the opportunity, he just didn't play well tonight.

hakeem94 and apollo33 like this.
  19. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

This.

A lot of people mentioning Green bricking 3s. But they fail to mention the high level of difficulty on those 3s due to poor coaching and point guard play from KPJ.

Far too often Green is forced to take a tough shot off a broken play or action that didn’t work. And that’s if they even look to pass to him. His rhythm is off.

Richie_Rich, hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Not looking good for KPJ thus far. It's okay though. Funny that we have a former all star PG sitting on the bench. Not advocating for Wall to play, but in general, was hoping that Green would actually get the ball more.