1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Martin Jr Needs To Play Over House!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Yes. Not playing the 52nd pick 20 year old 10 extra minutes a game for a few games at the beginning of a season that isn’t expected to deliver much is why we won’t win a title for the next 20 years…

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol if that was the only concern it would be perfectly fine...
    btw you wrote this reply as if you didnt even read the post... go back to the arguments about shitty summer league and preseason and answer them...
    [​IMG]

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I read your post. Did Martin not play in preseason or summer league? Is it possible that Martin hasn’t played well in practice and that’s why he isn’t seeing the floor? Why is the assumption just that we know better than the coaching staff and not other circumstances unknown to us, the general public?

Edit: I just looked at the last two summer league games. Martin dnp the last game (nor did any other of our “top” summer league players). The game before he played 28 min, 3rd most minutes and only 1 minute and 3 minutes behind the top two in minutes. So I don’t think I understand your point. We did play him in SL.

#103 Kevooooo, Oct 26, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i am giving this franchise more than money... my life, my love my attention!
    TAKE THAT FOR DATA
    [​IMG]

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Invest more energy in finding a new GIF :p

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahahah..i knew i should clarified that, it wasnt about his PT but how these games were played and the fact they allowed 3pt chucking and teammates to freeze sengun out of the offense etc
    then in preseason they also were similar mistakes

the point was their work is always sloppy and inadequate and its always justified theres time to fix that... i mean yes theres an eternity in front of us and maybe in million years they will luck out into the title

other than that
    you have a point that:

imho all we can ever do is a huge deducting guesswork however reasoned and logical it is, but its fun to do it

7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I think you're overvaluing him and assuming that I hate him when I havent said so ruins your entire point. I hate the way House plays I dont know him well enough personally to hate. I stopped watching the Rockets during the second game of the playoffs 2nd round because I couldnt stand watching Westbrook anymore so while everyone else is mad at house about that I dont remember nor do I care. At his age the way he plays he has little to no value. Have you even been watching the games. I've watched a lot of Rockets games and Ive never seen KJ come in and instantly be the reason we are losing. He came in the other night with a ten point lead and immediately turned the ball over and got owned by Tatum what value is there then? BTW that playoff hickup you speak of was over a year ago and Im not judging him on that. SO EVEN YOU HAVE ADMITTED THAT HE HAS SUCKED FOR OVER A YEAR. The idea that you think House is better than playing any of our young guys just lets me know all I need to know. If you think he's so good please in your reply, tell me the last time he had a good game and give me the statline and date. I'll wait.

#107 Joe Rocket, Oct 26, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    Milos and hakeem94 like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS....ALL OF IT...I also dont even care what house did in the bubble...it wasnt even a basketball play....lol

Joe Rocket likes this.
  9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The reality of that situation is the contract is untradeable and nothing John Wall does on the court is going to change that fact - He cold play like James Harden for the next month and the contract would still be a massive roadblock..

To satisfy the cap rules any team who would be over the cap (All of them) would have to send out at least 35,200,000 in salary.
    The Rockets have no roster spaces and no desire to create one by cutting / trading a player for no return to absorb multiple players earning that combined amount.
    Really there's no team that want's to send out that much salary for Wall either - It wouldn't make them better. (there might be a couple options there but not options the Rockets would accept - Westbrook ?).

Another thing , minus Wall they are about $20m under the salary cap floor meaning they'd have to spend that $2om on someone .... who would likely be in the way of the young kids development.

For the time being , the Rockets are better off paying John Wall not to play. The situation isn't ideal but its not so terrible either when you consider the timing of its expiration and the fact that the Rockets could either trade Wall as an expiring for up to $59.5m in incoming salary (potentially for a max star) or have almost $60m in cap space when he (and EG) expires.

Playing House who's contract could be taken on by just about any team , including those over the cap and against the apron couold net you a #1 pick around the trade deadline should a contender suffer an injury, Completely different situation.

Augustin is also relatively easy to move requiring only 5.6m in outgoing salary from a team over the cap.

Eric Gordon is much more complicated .... and would require a minor miracle to make it happen.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its not worth it, even if you get the #1 pick, what is more valuable is PT for KJM, Brooks,Cristopher and Usman and it will pay you 3 times the pick you wont get anyway because house isnt any good

augustin gordon theis also are not very good, some are even worse than the rookies whose PT suffers as a result and and all that you could get for them in the best case is a pick or 2 TOTAL.
    SMH....its a brutal penny pinching

11. mightybosstone

I'm aware Wall is untradeable, but the Rockets claimed they're shopping him. And if you're supposedly shopping a player, you maximize that guy's value by proving he can play.

And, I'm sorry, but you'd have to be certifiably insane to think House is worth a first rounder. The best they could get for Tucker was a swap, and he's a vastly superior player. House is barely worth a second the way he's played since the bubble incident, and if I were a GM, I wouldn't even give up that.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Again this is not true and it proves that you were still not listening to what I wrote which is why I stopped replying to you. I didnt say permanetly sit EGo I said you dont have to play him 30 minutes when he's playing badly. You're acting like coaches good coaches dont make in game adjustments when they see something wrong. They do this all the time good coaches will sit who they need too in order to win the game. Some guys just dont have it that night fine you ride the guys that do. The only time you dont is if you're trying to develop guys or your stars are just out of shape and Ego is not a development guy and he damn sure isnt a star.

13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Thank you I was gonna reply to that but decided against it because what I would have said what not have sounded as nice. 1st round pick for House lol freakin ridiculous.

14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

There are some people who dont understand clearly that house sucks and SIlas should be playing KMJ. Here's a clear reason why:
    One player shot 40% from the floor and the other shot 50% from the floor last year. One player shot 65% in free throw and the other shot 71%. One got better as a player the more minutes you gave him last year and finally one player shot above average from 3 and the other did not last year. KMJ wins all of those catogories he's much younger and its almost embarrising that the Rockets are not investing any time into this guy its damn near criminal to me. The narrative that House is better is ridiculous and needs to stop its simply not true.

Milos likes this.
  15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lol oh boy

16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

If House isn't worth a 2nd rounder what's Theis not worth? Besides his contract...

Corrosion likes this.
  17. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

KMJ is just apathic with this lack of gaming time.

You can see any highlights - check Green Dunk, Sengun steal, any clip posted by NBA/Rockets instagram a look at the bench.
    The whole team is going nuts while KMJ just ignores it.

He is too young and unproven to be doing that, but lets hope he uses it to fuel his game whenever he plays.

hakeem94 and Bo6 like this.
  18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

There is a reason he’s at the end of the bench and hasn’t produced anything on the court in the minutes he does get. My guess is he isn’t out playing anyone in practice and if you can’t beat the scrubs on your own team, you’re not going to “develop” against superior NBA players. You have to show something to get something.

so as much as @Joe Rocket dislikes House’s play, he’s clearly showing Silas a lot more in practice than KMJ. A young player like that can’t be gifted minutes without working for them. Or maybe, like I’ve suggested is a possibility, they do see promise in Martin, but they don’t want to over-showcase his athletic talent while they’re searching for trade for guys like House.

Also, I read what you wrote. I simply disagree. There are plenty of players of Egos caliber that have off nights and still play. You’re just looking at the box score/offensive results. Defense, setting picks, communicating, etc are all things that coaches care about way more than box scores, especially on teams that are developing players and not in the “compete” mode. That’s why Tucker got so much love from coaches despite sometimes completely disappearing from the offensive end. Ego is a solid NBA player and most coaches don’t just sit those types of players when they have a bad game or two. Consistency matters in development. That’s why coaches play players through bad stretches when they know they are ultimately the better player for a particular lineup. Because they want the other 4 players to have that consistent line up to work with and not have to constantly figure out how to play with different guys.

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

For the billionth time I never said he shouldnt play I said when he's off you should not give him 30 minutes. Stop replying to me if you're not gonna read what I said. As far as House and KMJ go, I'll just agree to disgaree because you're just guessing that he's outplaying him in practie you dont know. It took house 3 games to have a good game and score his first points of the season and he then got injured so yeah trade value really hit the sky there lol I just chalk this up to bad coaching and move on from this thread.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Dude. Calm down. I understand EXACTLY what you said. I’m saying you don’t sit guys (even reducing minutes) because of a few bad games. I don’t know why you think I don’t understand what you’re saying. I do. I JUST DONT AGREE.

And nobody, except that one guy who thinks we can get a first for him, thinks House is going to suddenly become a valuable trade asset. My entire point is that his trade value is absolutely ZERO right now, and can ONLY go up. Last night it went from zero to 0.2. 0.2>0.

yes, I’m guessing. AS ARE YOU…