1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Martin Jr Needs To Play Over House!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I love KMJ but he’s simply just not that good. He doesn’t have handles for a player his size. Can’t create off the dribble. He doesn’t have quickness and not a reliable three point shooter. He does give you blocks rebounds and some toughness but he needs to improve his offensive game other than dunks or 3 foot baby hook shots in the paint.

2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You're right I brung up Wall because they were willing to sit him. Its a different situation but he is stil a vet that they sat or were going to give less time to in favor of developing a player. This is the same philosphy they should have with House. Gordon can still be a good sixth man but you dont need to give him 30 minutes when he's playing badly.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  3. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

EG for Westbrook and picks

4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

How would that be different as opposed to House who sucks and isnt in our future plans. KMJ improved his shooting and shot well to end the season also shot well in the preseaon. He didnt hesitate to shoot and knocked them down. You're not playing KMJ for what he is now you're trying to develop him to be more later. There is zero point in playing a guy like House who is a net negative and is a veteran over a promising young guy who can and has shown he will improve.

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Yikes lol

fckbandwagons likes this.
  6. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

What? We're still a tanking team that could use extra draft picks. We all know Westbrook isn't lasting the season in LA anyway, might as well take advantage.

7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I think you are undervaluing House. No matter how much you hate him fact is he is still a playmaker and has playmaking ability. House is multi dimensional who can play point if need be. He’s a great 1-1 defensive player. Only problem with House is what’s plagued him his whole career-consistency. Consistently shooting 3s and driving to the basket. He actually played quite well before his COVID playoff hickup. He is vastly different than one dimensional KMJ who in my opinion is a borderline G league guy. We had a discussion about development. Nba isn’t about developing players. It’s who can contribute now. KMJ can’t contribute now. Not on offense at least.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Tuckankhamun likes this.
  9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

it is true though…plenty of bad vets still in this league. But Ego isn’t a bad vet, he’s a vet that currently isn’t playing well (he had one good game though). Coaches don’t sit veterans who have proven themselves to be good because they have two bad games… your judgements are all based on an incredibly small sample size.

my POV is house has no trade value and had none coming into the season. So yes, trade value can ONLY go up, or it can stay at the bottom. But it certainly isn’t getting worse!

I really don’t get your point about it being 3 or 4 games…it’s still the first games of the season. And I threw out “half season” not to say that’s when we should hold judgement until but to say that “it’s not like it’s midway through the season.” In other posts, not that I expect you to track all my posts, I’ve explicitly said 10 games is when first judgements should be made.

lastly, i have not made any factual claims as to what the Rockets are doing with House/Martin. I said in this very thread that I don’t know any more than anyone else, but it’s likely (and I happen to think highly likely) that they aren’t playing him because of trades. I never claimed it as fact. They are purely opinions but they are absolutely based in logic. For you to say otherwise is simply being dismissive of others opinions because they don’t conform with your own. That’s on you.

10. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

A corpse should play over House.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

The only team that could… the #1 seeded team :p

It just doesn’t make much sense to me to throw House away early in the season when there is still a chance someone will bite and make a trade. If they don’t and 10 games go by, so what. You didn’t play Martin an extra 10 minutes a game the first month of the season. You really think that is going to “stifle” his growth. There are 82 games y’all. Plenty of time to experiment early in the season. And it’s also possible that they’re hiding Martin from trades too. You want him to play so badly maybe they do too and don’t want teams attaching him to any potential Wall, Ego or House proposals.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

playing 82 games instead of lets say 23 is a world of difference in development of a young player

Joe Rocket likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

penny pinching mentality again?
    [​IMG]

if you want to do players right PLAY KJM!

Joe Rocket likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Joe Rocket likes this.
  15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Finances is part of the league. And it’s part of every professional league. So you can either consider it or you can act as if it doesn’t exist and be mad when nothing makes sense (because you’re ignoring an aspect of the league that you don’t WANT to exist).

Corrosion likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and play better
    and raise trade value

Joe Rocket and Squirtle like this.
  17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It’s been 3 games. Martin Jr is not at risk of not developing because he didn’t play heavy minutes the first two weeks of the season…

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol its not finances, it penny pinching... its actually what makes your finances weak..you save a few pennies but you starve yourself to perpetual disfunction and consequential financial drain
    [​IMG]

Joe Rocket likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

CONFIDENCE...CHEMISTRY.... SNOWBALL EFFECT...
    first it was only summer league ... then it was just preseason... and now its only 2 weeks... thats how you dont win the title for the next 20 years

Joe Rocket likes this.
  20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Very easy to say when it’s not your money.