1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Paramedics beating up homeless man UFC style.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Le$$, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Seen this on the Youtube. Just a shame, and that cop laughing at a man? What wrong with these people. I mean atleast help the homeless not harass them. Sad anyway you put it.

People tax dollars go to these goofs, and they swarm homeless people like its some sort of kick boxing tournament while we commute to work? wtf...

FrontRunner and ThatBoyNick like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

He should have been a cop instead of a paramedic, then he would have had qualified immunity. :rolleyes:

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just horrible and no excuse for that. Cox should have no place as a paramedic or even an LEO and the LEO on scene who did nothing and just allowed a trained MMA fighter kick a man while down and then try to fight him further should be fired also.

fchowd0311 and Andre0087 like this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

"I do the things in my life because of Jesus Christ, he's my rock." :rolleyes:

7. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Funny thing I saw him and said what's up to him the other day in Houston. Guess he lives here but I brought him up when talking about the story that morning to co-workers.

Paramedic needs to be charged and have his medic badge pulled. Guys like that make the whole profession of FF/EMTs and FF/medics look awful. It's hard enough that the job takes alot out on you but to also have to deal with your own people that do stuff like that on scenes is terrible.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You had me convinced at 'Dallas'

9. Gioan Baotixita

Damn, this guy is a grade A *******. I would hold those around him accountable as well if they stood by and saw nothing wrong with what he did or even participated in it. There are many honorable EMS, LEO folks, don't let this shitstain give you a bad name. Self policing is a great thing.

IBTL, Yung-T and Xerobull like this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. Xerobull

It's douchebag bully bro culture. But it's nothing new, in fact, it's as old as people. It's just given focus now by the internet, social media and assbags like Joe Brogan.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This has been a problem in martial arts and the popularity of UFC has made it worse. In many martial arts there is a very strong emphasis on restraint and self-discipline. The problem comes with combining very dangerous and even lethal skills with the attitude that the only thing that matters is winning and strength is it's own justification.

You can really see it in that video. I have no doubt that the homeless man was causing problems and certainly wasn't cooperating with the authorities. From that basis there could be an argument to take him into custody but Cox isn't doing that and as EMT he isn't there to do that. He's angry that this person is making his day tougher and then feeling he has to prove himself by using his skills to ABUSE someone who is in no position to offer a fight. Not to forget that the homeless man was also tazed.

That's just shameful.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Paramedics arrive*

"Quick we need some medical help"

"Absolutely please step aside ma'am"

Paramedics:
    [​IMG]

14. Xerobull

That's the larger problem with our society. Profit > everything else.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Cash
    Rules
    Everything
    Around
    Me

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Squid game !

Xerobull likes this.
  17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

The prior incident Bobrek linked is worse in my opinion. Resulted in that homeless person's death from a slow brain bleed. They mocked him for being unable to spell his name properly after being physically assaulted with existing trauma to the head. They assumed he was drunk. Took him to county jail. He died never receiving proper medical care that could have maybe saved his life.