1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Concerned about Harden’s FT rate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Glendelicious, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Glendelicious

Glendelicious Member

Harden’s FT rate is down 50%. I’m afraid that if this continues, if this is the first sign of a serious decline, the amount of champagne purchased by Clutchfans members alone is going to finally break this nation’s supply chain.

Dobbizzle, amaru, Grydian and 5 others like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

In b4 the lock!
    [​IMG]

Rocket River, HP3, Fulgore and 7 others like this.
  4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Who gives a crap. Not a rocket anymore

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Greatest 217th post of all time.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

we should trade him for bend salmons

9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Harden will adjust. That being said doesn't do much good for the crowd that says Harden is mediocre without foul calls.

Dobbizzle, Ramo$e and don grahamleone like this.
  11. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

the reason we care is because if he declines or isnt as valuable, the nets may be worse, making our draft picks better.

12. vince

vince Member

Harden gets robbed all the time, he is like a man playing among beta boys. He is so much stronger than even some centers, that he gets penalized for it. Here in Houston, we were very vocal about it, who knows how the New York fans are handling the non calls?

Harden is where he wanted to go all along. He gave us an amazing era of basketball. I have no hard feelings, especially after everything seemed to work out with the rebuilding. Of course, we don’t know if the rebuild will be successful, but i was very pleased with how it seemed to work out.

Zen Tabak, AXG, NewAge and 7 others like this.
  13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I definitely think it's interesting that Harden has shown up out of shape and is also being affected by the rule changes. Meanwhile, Kyrie hasn't shown up at all and might not, which may affect whether or not Harden even wants to sign an extension there.

Those draft picks might be so much better than most people thought they'd be.

vince, Y2JT, HP3 and 6 others like this.
  14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I haven’t watched much of BKN this year so can’t speak directly on any foul calls he has missed, but aren’t the rule changes more to do with unnatural player movements (eg kicking legs out, jumping sideways, et,)? Harden never really did that stuff, at least no more than any other star. His fouls were 95% legit. He baited players but they were absolutely fouls. His biggest foul draw was when he’d go through your reaching arm. Or players coming into his landing space because he was so lethal on his step back. But it’s not like he was some kind of flopper.

so are the rule changes really about harden? Or is harden playing differently this season? I’ve heard he isn’t looking for his shot much and is trying too hard to create?

Y2JT, mario_v and don grahamleone like this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

He's living rent free in some of your head. Like move on.

Plus thus shouldn't even be in the Rockets section.

javal_lon, HP3, Mr Woods and 3 others like this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

HP3 and clos4life like this.
  17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Wrong forum, Harden thread in the NBA dish is popular and running very strong. Vent your bitterness towards your ex over there.

daywalker02, HP3, Mr Woods and 2 others like this.
  18. vator

vator Contributing Member

Last year, admittedly I was still invested in Harden and wanted him to do well in Brooklyn. I almost felt like him playing an integral part in a championship while also shutting up his naysayers would in a way validate and legitimize the support we had for him over the 8 years he played for us. This year I don't care as much. He can do well or he can fail and I don't think I'll bat an eye either way. Honestly, I'd like to see him win a ring, he's a great player and I think he deserves one, but Brooklyn's demise means our draft picks become invaluable and accelerates our rebuild.

I was totally on the BKN hype train last year because their winning didn't impact our picks that much since it was only a swap. Their best chance was last year and injuries derailed that. This year he should've committed to getting in the best shape of his career if he really cares about winning a ring and he didn't so that is on him. He just can't continue to pack on weight at his age at the position he plays.

#18 vator, Oct 26, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    AXG, HP3, Dobbizzle and 4 others like this.
  19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Declining has already started. This team will fall apart soon enough

PeterKingX and don grahamleone like this.
  20. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If it’s not about Tracy Murray, it belongs in the Dish.

hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.