1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Davis Mills - From not to hot

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 19, 2021.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Why would i do that? Brady watson, rodgers, wilson and plenty of others are great QB, doesn't mean im gonna jump ship and watch them?

Such a dumbass fan mindset, always want others to 100% support incompetence or leave the team.

2. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

My bad…you are such a Deshaun bootlicker I assumed you were a Watson only fan.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Don’t say that your getting Watson excited lol

raining threes likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U can b impressed and a fan of player skillet and still support your own team.

Only casuals/dumbasses would hate the greatness of a player just cause he's on an opposing team.

Appreciate the talents around the league cause we sure as hell have none on this team

Like do u now hate watt cause he's in the cardinal? Not hard of a concept.

Fulgore and Zen Tabak like this.
  5. Jalen Green OnlyFan

yes. but i always thought watt was a fake vanilla ass loser.

by vanilla i don't mean skin tone btw... nobody go there. I'm talking about his corny ass boy scout pc act.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Some people r just good decent folks, I'm not here to judge. Organizations especially shtty one like ours should get rid of the mindset about only hoarding good boy scouts. U grab the best players and u slowly replace the ones that r too troublesome with better talent. Picking only boy scouts or God fearing folks is such a dumb way to build a team, that's y we r literally in a shttier situation then our teams inception.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Yet more reasons he has no business starting in the NFL. That's on the Texans.

8. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

We should treat Mills like an NBA rookie. No more training wheels, just throw bombs and see how it works out.

I'll take a Jameis Winston esque season out of a rookie instead of this 600000000 screen plays offense. If you're going to lose, do it in style.

ROXRAN, DonnyMost, PDJACK7 and 3 others like this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's on Watson actually. That schmuck signed to be our starter less than a year ago. If we hadn't thrown millions to him we could have signed another quarterback. We are in this mess because we put our faith in that creeper stalker.

gfab-babyboi and raining threes like this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Another fun stat:

The Texans have been outscored 102-8 in our last three road games.

Fulgore likes this.
  11. Xopher

Xopher Member

Let me know when Mills gets a halfway decent O-line and a running game that can gain more than 50 yards.

Zen Tabak and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Enough said to put this guy on ignore until he grows up.

DD

charlieaustin likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

That's on the front office incompetence. We wasted a sht ton of picks on the oline and it's still sht. We also got rid of a hof type wr for a running back. Mills was put in a sht position, but no one is asking mills to b Brady. 8 points in 3 games is just pathetic

charlieaustin likes this.
  16. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I think Davis Mills could be a game manager just like Alex Smith, IF he had a nice supporting team, a nice RB who could help him getting yards and a OL that blocked better, also having better coaching, that let him shine.

Obviously not comparing talent, but look Mahomes, without a competent RB and a with a horrible OL, he couldnt even score a TD against the Titans. even with the best TE in the league, If Mahomes cant score, imaging a 3rd round rookie, who doesnt have experience.
    Or look Justin Fields, they couldnt move the ball, even the 2nd string RB got over 100 yards rushing, Fields just kept having fumbles and interceptions against a defense, that didnt look good games before, having 4th string CBs, playing.

raining threes likes this.
  17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Can’t fairly judge Mills right now. Crappy supporting cast, supposed to be on the bench, he should get a little benefit of the doubt. He’s a bad NFL quarterback at the moment, a fact which should realistically surprise absolutely nobody given the circumstances.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I'm thinking that Mills's ceiling is Cody Carlson

Nook and Fulgore like this.
  19. Damion Laverne

Mills' ceiling is a finance manager at an Audi dealership lololol

He just doesn't have it. If he did, he would've shown more flashes during the year.

REEKO_HTOWN and Fulgore like this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lower that ceiling :D