1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 10/24/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 24, 2021.

1. amaru

amaru Member

Hopefully he’ll be a good shooter.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

To quote Miley Cyrus, "It's the best of both worlds."

We lost.
    And we saw the glimmer of hope.

"Say what?"

All good today.

3. totti_c

totti_c Member

Trade ricky davis when you get LBJ. Do you know what I mean....

4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I hope so.

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

This game was a preview of the future for Jalen Green. I think he has the potential to average 30 a game someday. His finishing is craftier and more powerful than he has shown so far. That combined with a three point shot that he can get off the bounce and a lightning quick first step makes him hard or impossible to guard.

6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Im not sure we'd win that many more game with them playing which is why it doesnt make sense. We'll see, I cant see Houston fans and media taking much more of house and gordon playing like this while our future rots on the bench.

7. PeppermintCandy

Looking at the box score, Green, KPJ, and Wood got 36 to 37 minutes this game. This is the ideal amount of court time you'd want from these guys. You wouldn't want Green getting any more than that as a rookie, IMO.

Theis and Sergun split time at the C by getting 23 minutes and 19 minutes, respectively. Nineteen minutes for a rookie big man (who also predictably racked up 5 personal fouls in that short time) is again right where things should be.

Playing House and Gordon in the remaining minutes as backups gives the young starters needed rest. Plus, this keeps the veteran players from complaining about playing time and also keeps the game more competitive.

You can argue Christopher or Martin Jr. could've got a few more minutes, but they'll probably get their turn when they're ready. Otherwise, Silas did a fair job with time management, IMO.

Rashmon, snowconeman22 and DCSLaw99 like this.
  8. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

Jalen Green a Bust tho

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I was so giddy watching J Green’s speed, and mad hops on 2 dunks over Tatum.

His three ball domination was amazing.

I can’t believe how some dip shiits on this board are calling him a bust.

Here is a big FU Game from J Green to those fake asss unappreciative “fans“ (even in a loss).

Sengun is showing flashes of brilliance and I’M SO HAPPY we have him.

I like how we were feeding Wood early in the game.

10. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

haters like DD was calling Jalen Green a bust and deserves to be on the bench. What a clown! Jalen Green says F.U DD! Hahaha

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yep. Plus if he’s going to be the level of player we want him to be he’s going to need to start initiating on offense more anyways.

Might as well get him started.

12. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Called it?

i3artow i3aller, bmelo and vlaurelio like this.
  13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I feel you.

But in reality they probably have to play those guys in order to try to build some value. I think at some point soon they’ll pull the plug on House with the way he is playing.

bmelo likes this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

i want Sengun Green and Wood in the s5 together and KPJ on the bench in favor of our 50mil point guard(or whoever we get for him)

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tatum was using him like toilet paper all nite. theis is generally useless out there and should be backing up sengun

bmelo likes this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Around the 10 or so minute mark I think of the fourth. Eric Gordon dribbles around the top of the key wasting the clock, then passes to Sengun at the top of the key with a few seconds left and visibly throws his hands up and makes the classic Eric Gordon 'disgust' face, because Sengun didn't immediately shoot the ball.

Clown should've been yanked then and there and not seen the court for the rest of the game. That is disgusting.

So this is what a Jalen Green game being on looks like. I could get used to that. Funny though that the part of the game from Green I enjoyed the most was his dribble down the sideline in the first half, when he suddenly turned on the jets and caused Marcus Smart to foul him all that way away from the basket.

You don't see too many people making Marcus Smart take stupid fouls while playing defense on a ballhandler.

Green's speed was evident on a few occasions tonight.

Even if he hadn't made all those 3s I still would've said he had a very nice game. The only time Josh Richardson looked like an NBA player though was when being defended by Green, but I guess we've just got to accept Green is not going to stop people waltzing into the paint.

KPJ. Can we end it already? I'm so sick of seeing him ignore people who are in better spots. Has he ever actually made a step back 3? His attitude when losing the ball down the other end, and sparking the defense's fast break is Tracy McGrady vs Toronto-esque. And it's happened numerous times already in only a few games. My prediction is he isn't a Rocket by the end of next season.

Sengun. What can you say. Dude is just so god damn good at basketball.

Also, Silas can F himself for forcing Sengun to not instinctively move with the ball once he secures the defensive rebound. I HATE that he's being forced to be scared of doing anything other than looking for a guard and getting it out of his hands straight away.

#1136 Downtown Sniper, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    cheke64 and pippendagimp like this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

but hes a GEAT GUY!!! Smiles and helps rookies :) It always makes me laugh.. bro it's ****ing NBA pro-level basketball who ****ing cares if you are great guy if you can't play lol

hakeem94 and pippendagimp like this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'd like to see christopher share court time w/ green

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  19. JW86

JW86 Member

Lots of thoughts, but basically very optimistic about our future. Gotta love Green producing, Tate and Sengun hustling and playing smart and us being in the game at the end. The only player I really cannot stand is KPJ. He should not be our PG, period!

PeterKingX, bmelo and hakeem94 like this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Right from the get go I saw a different offense from the Okc game. KPJ wasn't pushing the fast tempo anymore, just trying to calculate his passes too much with nothing there. Most of the time the best pass is your open teammate beside you.

bmelo, i3artow i3aller and hakeem94 like this.