1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. - how good can he be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 28, 2021.

?

What is your prediction on KPJ’s career?

Poll closed Apr 27, 2021.
  1. Franchise player

93 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Borderline Allstar

150 vote(s)
    56.4%
  3. Role Player

22 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Benchwarmer

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

The coaches have to work with him and woods to develop the pick and roll, it is going to help both of them tremendously

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

he played in just 5 games with Dipo, and yes, I would consider playing next to a demanding legend in Kobe during his farewell tour who was washed but still wanted to ballhog as much harden than playing next to John Wall

D-Lo had maturity issues too and no support with coach Byron Scott to go along with the added pressure of being a #2 overall pick in LA for the Lakers

all I said is that he’s been Lakers D’Angelo Russell caliber so far in his career…it’s not that big of a deal

i3artow i3aller and D-rock like this.
  4. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I’d he keeps up this stat line, he could be the next John Wall!

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I really like the Dlo comp. Works on a lot of levels.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

bad defense, sus shooter, and ridiculously turnover prone…I honestly don’t like what I see

at this point, I can’t imagine committing to him as our long-term solution at PG

weopeo9744 and Slabhurta3 like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

who gonna tell KPJ he isnt a PG... YET. If he can just watch all the video of James Harden and Trae Young it would be all he needed. KPJ needs to slow down that all..

8. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Today he was a turnover machine.

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

3rd game with Jalen Green, patience.......

Sledge187 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Luckily the coaching staff has patience. Let him and Green have the season to work on everything and keep losing. Reevaluate and decide in the off-season if he’s the PG or not. He has looked great aside from the turnovers. Last game was 18/10 with 2 TOs on 50%. Let’s see how the season goes.

11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Tell me you don't follow basketball without telling me. John Wall is one of the elite point guards of the last decade. Actually familiarise yourself with his career, this comment makes you look foolish.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

btw did you know john wall himself told him he is as talented as himself?!

CVcrew likes this.
  13. kiwirocketsfan

That scoop finish was amazing.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Role player or piece that complete our team. We’ve lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we’ll be fine next season.” — JH

hakeem94, BigShasta and vator like this.
  15. vator

vator Contributing Member

Basically summarizes what I’ve been saying.

#955 vator, Oct 24, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    Wommy, RudyTBag and i3artow i3aller like this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

KPJ still has so much time and room to grow. This summer was the first off-season where he truly locked himself in the lab and focused on getting better. Just imagine how great an influence being surrounded by the four baby rookie rockets is going to be for him. Green and Sengun both have all star aspirations and clearly put in the work. Christopher is said not to let himself be outdone by anyone. Garuba is no slouch to hard work given his defense alone.

We've created an amazing atmosphere for our players to develop and push one another. These guys give off all the right vibes. You can already tell they're going to push and support one another to maximize their abilities. Porter taking a backseat to Green tonight shows his willingness to put his teammates in positions for them to succeed. These guys root for one another and that's only going to create a rich chemistry out on the court.

D-rock, Shark44 and RudyTBag like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

18. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Undeniable talent. We have a whole season to find out if he's a point guard.

19. vator

vator Contributing Member

Like that attitude. Use it as motivation to get better Scoot! Don’t get too caught up reading social media. You’re probably never as great as your biggest fans say you are or as terrible as you’re biggest detractors say either. Just work on your craft and let the basketball speak for you.

20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

well said they are iso-ing to much. Need more pick and pop , pick n roll ,screen and roll(cuts to the basket).

D-rock and eliefor3 like this.