1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Dolphins lost again today. The paper bags are coming out in the stands. They weren’t supposed to be this bad, and they need a morale boost. Fleece them! Do not settle. There is absolutely no need for the Texans to panic sell right now.

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I’d wait until right before the draft unless Miami offers a godfather offer. I would demand 4 FRP to trade him now. They don’t like it too bad. There will be a ton of competition in the off-season when half the teams realize their QBs are trash.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't even think we'll get three first round picks for him.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The only thing that can change is more teams in the running… which can only increase the value of the offers. They don’t need all the picks to be for next year. I’ll take a steady supply of extra picks for the next 2-3 years in early rounds, to go along with their own picks.

They’ll basically need the equivalent to ‘extra picks’ that they got as an expansion franchise.

5. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Yup its probably better to spread them out. That way, in the unlikely event you hit on all these guys, you don't have to pay them in the same off-season.

HTXSportsAddict and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I agree. I just think people are setting themselves up to be disappointed. I think it's gonna be two firsts and a player. Hope I'm wrong.

Trying to temper expectations, because I know this franchise too well.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I second that motion.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...the-only-team-that-could-land-deshaun-watson/

As the trade talks continue between the Texans and the Dolphins, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that one other team has made the Texans an offer that the Texans likely would take, if that’s where Watson ultimately decides he wants to go.

The source didn’t identify the team. The universe of franchises believed to be in the fringes of the conversation include the Eagles, Panthers, and Broncos. Chris Mortensen of ESPN.com reported earlier today that the Eagles are out. My guess (and it’s just a guess at this point) would be that if it’s not the Dolphins, it will be the Panthers.

9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Their owner (Tepper) wants to win a championship and he needs a franchise QB. As an investor, he knows Watson is a unicorn and likely wouldn't be available if OB hadn't screwed the Texans.
    I'd love to get some of their young players and draft haul to boot.
    Let the bidding begin.

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Watson went to Clemson. I wonder if he would ok a trade to the Carolinas.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Why do I have a feeling that in this trade with this bum, we will be getting Gilmore?

It would be awesome to get him, but going to be at a price.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I don’t agree with this at all especially if we are getting back 3 1st

To much risk with his pending cases

If we getting back 3 1st take it and run

HTXSportsAddict and whag00 like this.
  14. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

It's really sad how so many teams still want to trade for this creep just because he can play football. Even worse is all the players that have come out saying the want Deshaun. He is a perv at best and a sexual predator at worst.

eric.81, cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We will see once again if Watson cares about winning or not because if he does…

Then he should accept trade to Carolina easily and this trade gets done tomorrow.

16. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Honestly I think these teams know something. It was reported that some of these owners sent private investigators down to Houston to dig into some of these cases to see what Deshaun is really up against. I think Nick and a lot of these GMs know that Deshaun is either going to settle majority of these cases(some getting dropped completely) and that the NFL will give him a “light” suspension no where close to the severity of the allegations. The sad thing is, Cal wants Deshaun outta here… like ASAP.

I think Nick would prefer to wait and that Cal is pressuring Nick to just maximize what he can get right now to get him outta here.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

You very well may be right but I feel the opposite.

While Cal is the owner and ultimately has final say…he don’t seem like the type to meddle like Jerry or somebody.

He’s very very easily influenced as we all know…so while he is the “boss” I’m sure Caserio and yes Easterby as well can convince/persuade Cal in one direction or the other.

And the heating up of rumors and possible deal has ramped up due to the very underwhelming starts/ declines of the two rumored teams. Not because Cal wants Watson gone ASAP.

Htown Legend likes this.
  18. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

I hope that’s the case. Albert Breer who has seemed pretty plugged in with the Texans the past few years( debatable whether it was through O’Brien or Easterby) claims that Cal hates Watson and cannot stand him. Which, I don’t blame him at all- I feel like most of us in this board hate both what Watson has done or may have done.

I just want this trade to be executed appropriately. Deshaun is the one piece that can expedite the rebuild of this franchise.

Like I’ve been telling people lately- the actual REBUILD hasn’t even started yet. It starts April 28th 2022 in Las Vegas. Hope it gets done right and gives us the ammo we need to get back to being a respectable football team

Shark44, HTXSportsAddict and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This 1000%

And with all things considered Caserio has handled things perfectly.

And that Miami draft pick just went up because 49ers lost

HTXSportsAddict and Htown Legend like this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Im sure it’s thru Easterby and rumor has it Caserio leaks a lot of info to Ian Rapoport