1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Alec Baldwin Accidentally Kills Person on Movie Set

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobrek, Oct 21, 2021.

1. likestohypeguy

Yeah the 24 year old responsible was herself unsure of her ability:

"It was also my first time being head armorer as well," Gutierrez-Reed said. "I almost didn't take the job because I wasn't sure if I was ready, but, doing it, like, it went really smoothly."

"I think loading blanks was the scariest thing to me because I was like 'oh, I don't know anything about it,'" she said. But her famous father, she said, helped train her up."

Jontro likes this.
  2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

not sure if this is directed at me, but ive called for trump to be arrested and put on trial for treason. i also think that as a producer, baldwin is going to be one of the people the family goes after. if they're looking for financial compensation for her death its going to come from the producers.

DaDakota likes this.
  3. jo mama

based on what we know, baldwin the actor bears no responsibly here. but when the family decides to sue its going to be the producers they come after and that includes baldwin. that was my point.

theyre not going to sue some 24 year old girl...she doesnt have any money. they're going to sue the people who funded the movie as they're the ones with the money.

King1 likes this.
  4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Sure. I’m just saying execs are about credit or financing. They don’t run productions. This falls on the upm and AD.

5. jo mama

which is exactly why if her family decides to sue, the producers will be the ones they go after.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Joe Biden's America ladies and gentlemen, thanks, Joe.

Squirtle, B-Bob and Xerobull like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Full article, while supportive doesn't look good for her. It also doesn't go into any details,just describes her.
    https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...3/hannah-gutierrez-reed-rust-shooting-armorer

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

Guilty....of spreading the clap in the trailer park.

Her career is probably ruined at this point. But she's still young enough to get a new career going as a biker old lady, biker bar beer girl, biker magazine model, biker something something, etc.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Bonus points for Poe and Raven tat? Bonus points for ... public restroom selfies? That's all I got. Trying to be positive here.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Single live round.

11. PeppermintCandy

This may have been answered already, but why is there a need to use live rounds on a movie set? Even blanks need to be handled with care of course, but I don't get why movie scenes can't be made without the use of real bullets.

12. TimDuncanDonaut

Sounds like Baldwin is not going to host SNL any time soon.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This story makes me sick to my stomach. I can't imagine being involved and having to live with this for the rest of my life.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Fixed

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Actually, not. Some people on social media, even a few political talking heads believe he should face criminal charges and pointing a type of hypocrisy they believe he had without previous President. They said he should be accountable for his actions. It's pretty complex situations, especially given people walking off the set for being over worked, as it was, which goes way above Alec. I'm pretty sure he didn't intend to kill or hurt, anyone. It's a gross accident that he is not exactly responsible for on his behalf, because there's a protocol with guns being fired and I have honest belief that it's not something that is practiced, regularly on movie sets.

Moreover, there are people pushing for more further and more extensive regulations, immediately. Yet, there are certain communities of fans who are already complaining about more CGI gunshots being used in movie and make the overall quality of the movie, worse. Yeah, I'd say where are some people's priorities.

Besides, what kind of "shitty" person would he be to make jokes about murdering, shooting, or killing someone on a movie set. That seems like a very traumatic experience. Alec is considered a hot-head, and a loud-mouth, but I'm pretty sure he's cognizant enough to avoid doing something silly, like that, especially for entertainment. I'd think most people wouldn't, but I could be very much wrong.

Squirtle likes this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Criminally, maybe the armorer is at risk. But in civil, the production company should absolutely be sued. The legal structure if the company might shield producers from personal financial responsibility. But probably the company will be bankrupt and the movie won't be finished unless they were very far along. Maybe producers should be sued individually too because they were responsible for the unsafe work conditions. If they can do it, I don't think Baldwin's particular responsibilities as a producer matter; it should be easy to show he was aware of unsafe conditions and was negligent in addressing them.

jo mama likes this.
  18. noize

noize Contributing Member

What an unneccessary tragedy... condolences to everyone involved. I feel for both parties, I can't imagine having to live with the guilt for the rest of your life, accidient or not. Your life will never be the same ever.

I know nothing about gun prop procedure, but does common sense tells you to test out at least one round of ammunition by shooting at the ground or whatever? I would do that if I feel anyway, uncomfortable handling a prop gun on a set.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You're totally right. Insensitive bastards. It's easy to distance yourself from a story in the media. I'm sorry I made jokes. .

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. Those are listed alphabetically. There are 6 producers (including Baldwin), 1 co-producer (whatever that is), and 5 executive producers. It's bizarre, at least to me, that there are that many individuals wearing those hats. While it may be common practice today, I don't think it used to be.