1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2021] NBA’s 75 Greatest Players

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Oct 19, 2021.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

These people who think you can just erase the original pioneers for 75 current players are stupid. Posting highlights as a comparison further proves how childish most sports fans are. I even saw Kendrick making it seem like it's racism to put Walton in but not Dwight, and then he made fun of the dribbling of the old days. That was the rule. You had to dribble palm down. These idiots think Kyrie is going to be transported to 1950 and just do all these stupid handles on defenders? He'd be turning the ball over every time he touched the ball. Kyrie or anyone else would have to dribble the same way and follow all the same rules and do what the coach of that team in that era wants him to do. They're not going to let you launch 40 ft 2 pointers at will and completely disobey the coach and the plays. Kyrie or anyone else would have to wear the same flat footed converse chuck taylors. Kyrie and everyone else would have to live the exact same lifestyle making pennies and playing 46-48 minutes a game and going to another job and coming back to play again the next day for 82 games-no special gyms and recovery treatments-no special diets--nothing.

GTFO, Kyrie would quit after 1 game and look for employment elsewhere.

2. i3artow i3aller

#62 i3artow i3aller, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    JayGoogle likes this.
  3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Klay thinks he should be on the top 75 list? that might be the most delusional and insane thing an athlete has ever said, jeezes christ what a moron. Dwight not being there is completely asinine and embarrassing but that goes without saying

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

This man thought he'd be on the list...
    [​IMG]

Dude wasn't even on TNTs 'left out' list lol...

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Klay and Warrior fans really believe he was the best SG of his era.

No one building a team around Klay Thompson. Dude can't even consistently score unless it's off a screen.

I'd really love to see Klay try to lead his own team as a first option

6. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

Great analysis, you should do a podcast

7. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

These lists are made by vendetta having haters like Tiffany lmao grow up, stop harboring hate, and get tf over it.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I think Kyrie is about the most fantastic player on the planet. But, 12x All-NBA player, he's just not quite at that level.

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

lmfaooo this was great

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

it would be easier to argue drob is a top 10 player than not being in the top 75. his advanced stats in both the regular season and playoffs would make him pretty easily a top 10 player. now i think most of us agree that the advanced stats, for whatever reason, overrated him, but stuff like the 1995 spurs having 62 wins is hard to explain without robinson being amazing. him, duncan, and garnett all have claims as the best defender ever after russell and hakeem.

tmac is tough because miller absolutely did not peak as high as tmac or even come close and tmac actually has better playoff numbers than people think. but he was basically done at age 29. i can see reggie over vince. his efficiency probably had a bigger impact than we all realized watching him in the 90's. and reggie being good in the playoffs, at least relative to the regular season, actually holds up when looking at his numbers and isn't just myth-making from playing the knicks, so he has that in his favor.

obviously we all hate dwight here, but 2009 and 2010 dwight had impact numbers as high as lebron james, and 2009/2010 were arguably lebron's highest impact seasons. and dwight was actually pretty good for a long time, at least up through 2014-15. just as a player, i think he's hard to even keep out of the top 50 as few people not in the top 30 can match the 2009/2010 seasons and he still added an additional DPOY season. it's crazy that the 2009 magic started rashard lewis and hedo turkoglu at forward and then added jameer and rafer as their point guards and ended up #1 in defense. definite points off for not working out in LA, then not working with harden, and then sabotaging his reputation so much he became an nba vagabond for like 6 seasons and now just accepts min contracts. but that still gets in the top 75.

BigM and Patience like this.
  11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

he ain't got nothin' on rockets legend michael carter-williams. 22 points, 12 assists, 9 stls, 7 rebounds, 1 turnover in a win against the defending champion miami heat while playing for the process sixers. a near quadruple double in his first game. probably unique in nba history for anybody with a decently long career in that his first game ended up being by far the best game of his entire career.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Still waiting on a rebuttal from the guy/gal that wanted to take David Robinson off of this list and replace him with Pau Gasoline or Chris Bosh.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

And yup, Klay is ****ing delusional. The only year that he could have maaaaaybe considered to be the best shooting guard in the NBA was the year Harden said “let’s try this point guard role out….”

i3artow i3aller and JayGoogle like this.
  14. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Prime AD or prime Dwight?!

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The list is a pure joke and another reason why media people shouldn't be voting on things. Their bias is amazing.
    Dwight Howard leaves LA and blows up his reputation and doesn't make the list yet Anthony Davis who is always injured can make it?

Anyone who watched Tmac play against Pierce or Ray Allen know T-Mac was better. He torched those guys night in and night out. Then they all join up and play with KG win a ring and they are somehow magically better? BS. T-Mac would murder half these list and its not close.

i3artow i3aller and JumpMan like this.
  17. i3artow i3aller

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL WOW! That is wild.

i3artow i3aller and BigShasta like this.
  19. HardenVolumeOne

thats crazy

20. DreamR

DreamR Member

Give me Yao Ming over half the people on this list