1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silas is not a coach, he’s a life mentor coach.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RasaqBoi, Oct 20, 2021.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Enough is enough.
    Somebody might say 'cmon, it's only one game', but at least we need to see kids learning from preseason games, coach should've react to Ls n make adjustment, talk to players, NON…observing the game against wolves, zero improvement or adjustment there, both the offense n the defense just F clueless.
    More games under silas baton just meaningless, he destroyed hopes n fantasies.
    (of course, we can't blame everything on coach, imho, i could hardly give most of rookies n sophomores B or B+, kpj n jg just struggling, wood n tate looks regressing)

bmelo and ashleyem like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Stephen Silas is a wonderful person. He is a great father, good husband and son. The world needs more people like Silas and his parents did a good job raising him… but he isn’t a good head coach and sadly this picture of him hanging his head and nearly crying IS Stephen Silas. This **** isn’t what gets respect from his players… you can like and not respect someone.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Damn, is the first part of this not warrant of respect?

fchowd0311 and D-rock like this.
  4. pass_to_Hakeem

I kinda agree… move him and Lucas down the bench and they can be life coaches. Need a different direction with HC and some defensive minded assistants PLEEEEEASE!!!

5. bmelo

bmelo Member

what he meant is you can respect someone as a human but you won't follow them as leaders

Nook and HP3 like this.
  6. bmelo

bmelo Member

I don't mind loosing currently. But they are not even trying to play as a team. OR maybe they do try and just aren't in alignment. Anyway its on Head Coach, Silas has no experience and is just learning in work right now

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hate and bigotry are normally to the right while rainbows and Unicorns are on the left.

Did you reorganize while I was away?

Dobbizzle, HP3 and Verbal Christ like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

I thought this was reason why CF hated MDA so much?

Silas is expecting role players to have same role as the stars.

When House said he was a playmaker last years training camp, that should have been a HUGE red flag.

bmelo, Nook and HP3 like this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's warranting of respect as a human. Not as a NBA coach. Silas is a good human, so far not so much a good coach.

Nook, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Na -- I still like equality, womens rights, and leaders not to be bullies - oh and kind hearted people REALLY like those. You know how jabs go - getting the fringes all riled up is not worth it.

Man, I am getting kinda tired of the Silas mope session post game though. He may not have the intestinal fortitude required for the rebuild - Im genuinely concerned for his mental health.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Silas was brought in for a team with vets trying to win. A "straight swap" of Westbrook for John Wall, signing Christian Wood, hoping to salvage James Harden, bringing in Victor Oladipo.

Really Silas became a rebuild tank coach after. In fairness, its a lot of moving parts he's had to deal with. But now that the dust is settling, its showing he might not be proper fit for this stage of the team.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

A rookie mentor coach was brought in not to contend but to rebuild

He ain't no Steve Kerr or Nick Nurse

D-rock likes this.
  13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

NO EXCUSE! Actually Silas is more conducive to being a rebuild coach. He's young and inexperienced, basically making a name for himself. I don't see Harden and Westbrook adhering to Sials, the same way they would as a Doc Rivers or even Steve Nash! To me that's why they left!

I like Silas as a person, I just don't know what the hell he's doing as a Head coach

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  14. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I just want to see him go off on a player, coach, or somebody. Silas is just to easy going overall for this position. He's not mentally ready to lead an NBA team of young men. They need someone to show tough love sometimes and he's not the coach to do that.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Respect as a human being? Absolutely

Respect as a leader or head coach? No, not necessarily........ There are a lot of elite coaches that are not wonderful people, or at least not as good as Silas... but they are respected for what they bring as a head coach.

I am always reminded of Steve VanGundy............ Pat Riley saw it, and he got SVG out of there immediately.... and even Shaq commented on it.

Dobbizzle, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Exactly..... I would want me daughter to marry Stephen Silas..... I want my son to be him.... I want him as a neighbor or friend or father.

In the grand scheme of things Silas is awesome.... he just isn't a great NBA head coach and that is what we are concerned about in this case.

D-rock, HP3 and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member