1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Rodgers Calls out Society for Getting Too Soft

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Oct 20, 2021.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rodger's last week after scoring a TD in Chicago yelled out "I still own you" to the crowd at Chicago and has gotten some criticism for it. I will agree it's a little low class but I agree this is sports and have nothing against talking a little trash. I put this like when a player on the road puts his finger to his lips to shush the home crowd or when Correa puts his hand to his ear during his home run trot.

https://dailycaller.com/2021/10/19/...PpreLxS5kK5wCkGL7cs8MWyhyTS3jQUKjteWGZe1KkzjA

Aaron Rodgers Calls Out Society For Getting Too Soft After ‘I Still Own You’ Line

Aaron Rodgers had a blunt message for his critics after he beat Chicago this past Sunday.

During the 24-14 win, the NFL star shoutedI still own you” after scoring a touchdown to seal the victory for the Packers.

Because we live in incredibly stupid times, not everyone was impressed. For those of you wondering, the Packers quarterback doesn’t care!

Rodgers told Pat McAfee the following in part during a Tuesday interview:

Are we getting that soft as a society where we can’t have a back and forth now? I mean, somebody can pay for a ticket and say whatever the hell they want, which I think they should be able to. That’s fine, but the one time you say something back to them that gets caught on a hot mic…Now, it’s that I’ve disrespected an entire city and organization.

The more I see Aaron Rodgers on Pat McAfee’s show, the more I come to actually like and appreciate the man.

He’s genuinely smart and interesting. Yes, I hate him as a quarterback, but that doesn’t mean I can’t admit he makes some good points from time to time.

The world is 100% getting softer, and he’s not going to sit there and pretend it’s not. However, we have to stop that pathetic mentality from bleeding into sports at all costs.

Sports is supposed to be the one area of our lives where trash talk isn’t just tolerated, it’s actively encouraged.

Props to Rodgers for keeping it real.

Andre0087 and tinman like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't think we are getting soft. More like the media is so pervasive in their input especially when it's so democratized. The voices are just louder.

ROCKSS likes this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

I thought this was a tinman thread

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Things that used to not be controversial are blowing up now because of social media and the news media realizing they get get clickbait headlines based on the whole, "Did you see what X said about Y"

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's right.

And the D&D is BS
    Ben Simmons

@Jontro

6. tinman

Supporting Member

yeah people making vulgar statements at RAP CONCERTS,
    COMEDY SPECIALS
    LOONEY TUNE CARTOONS WITH SKUNKS AND MICE
    SPORTS
    ETC

these sensitive suckers made all of these non political topics political
    and I wish the worst for them

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah I don't think we are getting soft. I think we just live in a time where crazy Aunt Sally and Uncle Larry have about the same media audience as Chuck Todd so everyone's Hot Takes are elevated to Nostradamus level.

I mean for media about new music this is the number 1 voice in the world:

[​IMG]

Ubiquitin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't like Aaron Rodgers.

I don't know if it's soft or just dramatic.

I think it's good to call out problems and issues. But not every issue is a huge giant crisis issue. I just wish people would save the
    That's pretty much it. Drama is raised on issues and instances that don't deserve drama. It's fine to fine to call out things that are wrong, unjust, bothersome, or whatever. Just for much of it there are more important things on which to spend our time.

That goes for the outrage at the outrage too. Maybe doubly so.

dobro1229 likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

Aaron Rogers > Texans QB who are playing currently

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This is exactly it. It’s not even a woke/snowflake liberal vs conservative issue. It’s just take any story and dramatize it to increase views.

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

Fake outrage

the sensitive people who are mad about the DaBaby concert were not at the concert or like music by DaBaby

that’s like people being outraged by Metallica songs who listen to Wilson Phillips on repeat

the Wilson Phillips fans should not make Metallica apologize for Kill em All or seek and destroy

for chappelle outrage
    None of those people saw the special or were Fans of comedy

can you imagine of Utah Jazz fans got outraged by what Clutchfans said about their team?
    @J.R.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately people are overreacting to words and being oversensitive. It's one thing to have an intellectual debate about what people say and the impact it has.

It's a great debate whether Dababy should be able to say what he wants at his concerts and whether that should affect his other agreements. It's a great debate to say whether or not Chapelle is helping or hurting the transgender cause.

But the attack pileon and demand for firing is not healthy. A professor friend of mine was fired recently because when asked what were his symptoms of Covid over the summer his answer includes a loss of interest in sex for a 3 month period. One of his students complained that this was an "assault" and he ended up being terminated from a tenured position.

He now has to move and sell his house and completely rips up his life for something that shouldn't even be controversial. This is the danger of cancel culture that people must realize. When you focus so much on people's words, you risk creating a mob mentality where people get canned for not violating rules but for creating any kind of controversy.

That's the real danger of cancel culture. It ends up causing the stifling of expression and exchange of ideas.

tinman likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

That’s why people need to stand up against this fake minority of outrage Twitter accounts

We will end up worse than China .
    Which censors movies based on if it would offend the communist party.

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares! I don’t give a **** that he thinks he “owns” Chicago. I don’t give a **** people were offended. Athletes and sports fans are a bunch of snow flakes.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

@DaDakota
    it's the record everything and post everything on social media for fake self-affirmation and self esteem boost.

Vernon Maxwell would have been canceled by what he said on the court in the NBA with like 99% of the players in the NBA in the 90s.
    We understood that Max wasn't going to over to Gary Payton's house and beat up his entire family, but the Wilson Phillips fans wouldn't get that and will be outraged.
    @J.R.

16. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Green Bay Packers, Inc. Own Aaron rodgers.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

99'ers do own CF though.

ROCKSS and tinman like this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Everyone else is a bunch of newbs playing Squid Game.

ROCKSS likes this.
  19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Oberlin College student ‘scared’ over ‘cisgender male’ workers used in female dorm

A student at Ohio’s $80,000-a-year Oberlin College says he was left feeling “angry” and “scared” after the school allowed “cisgender” male workers to install radiators in a dormitory dedicated to women and transgender students.

Peter Fray-Witzer penned an op-ed in the liberal arts college’s Oberlin Review newspaper Friday, slamming school administrators for only giving students one day’s notice on Oct. 7 about the radiator upgrades in his Baldwin Cottage dormitory.

“I was angry, scared, and confused. Why didn’t the College complete the installation over the summer, when the building was empty? Why couldn’t they tell us precisely when the workers would be there? Why were they only notifying us the day before the installation was due to begin?” Fray-Witzer said.

“In general, I am very averse to people entering my personal space. This anxiety was compounded by the fact that the crew would be strangers, and they were more than likely to be cisgender men.”

When the work crew showed up on Oct. 8 to install the new radiators, Fray-Witzer said he asked if he could be exempt from having one installed in his room – but was denied the request.

Fray-Witzer said he was “mildly violated” and angry when the workers returned the following day to check the radiators were actually working.

The student said only women and trans students are permitted to live on the second and third floors of the Baldwin Cottage dormitory.

Fray-Witzer said it was “clear” the college hadn’t made a special request that “male workers not be allowed onto the upper floors of Baldwin” to carry out the contract work.

He also claimed other students “weren’t entirely comfortable” with the contractors coming in.

“I understand, of course, that installations like this are routine; the College needs to improve its facilities occasionally, and who am I to stand in the way of that? After all, I get a brand-spanking-new radiator, right in time for the cold weather,” Fray-Witzer said.

“But why not finish the project during the four months of the summer semester, when the building was unoccupied? Why not alert us earlier to the intrusion? Why didn’t the College make a schedule detailing when the workers would be likely to arrive at each dorm and in each room?

“They should have taken measures to keep students comfortable and safe — especially those who have elected to live in a specifically designated safe space.”

https://nypost.com/2021/10/19/oberl...-after-cisgender-male-contractors-brought-in/

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  20. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Pics or it didn’t happen