1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Astros vs. Red Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 14, 2021.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

On the contrary, please keep doing it.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

As shaky as Valdez was in Game 1, he would've given up only 1 run through 3 innings had Altuve not had that error. I can certainly live with those results in Game 5(provided he doesn't get lit up in the 4th or 5th inning).

3. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I find it hilarious that this is what MLB "royalty" is reduced to:

The "mighty" Yankees sitting at home (AGAIN!) muttering to themselves about phantom buzzers and cursing their betters while the little brother Red Sox whine about balls and strikes.

Pro tip suckholes: Champions don't make excuses.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I watched the game on mute but I don’t think either announcer is particularly biased. Keep in mind the whole broadcast isn’t in their control and they have to talk about things the production team leads them into.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Thought it was interesting that you could hear Smoltz gasping on close pitches. He was either into the game or he couldn't believe the calls, but you could definitely hear him sucking wind.

joshuaao and Uprising like this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Got I hate that satellite eared, sanctimonious, mad magazine looking little b*tch so much.

Nook, Squirtle, Rock Block and 2 others like this.
  7. conquistador#11

Beltran and Cora pay close attention to details, remember Beltran fixing Yuli"s swing from the Yankees box. Cora has every single starting pitcher figured out for that day before a pitch is thrown. Why not in game 6 announce a starter but have that starter knowingly pull an "injury" and have a bullpen game with former starter Graveman opening . Desperate times.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  8. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Hey I was close!

King1, Nook, Rock Block and 1 other person like this.
  9. Elienator

Elienator Member

ESPN is in the entertainment business and while there were lots of missed calls the 9th inning happened when it happened. It's not surprising they would focus on that missed call and writing articles about it are going to get a ton of clicks. I wouldn't read it as any bias as much as what's good for business.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Frank Thomas spoke up about that too and basically said that is baseball and it happens. That pitch was so borderline anyways to be talking about it so much. Passan and others acting like it was egregious when it could have been considered high AND outside. That to me is not an egregious ball call. Astros supposedly had 11 balls that were called strikes while Red Sox had 12 balls that were called strikes. Probably would have been more for the Astros if Martin Perez wasn't throwing meatballs up there and our bats finally coming alive making solid contact with no swings and misses and not getting fooled once.

12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Red Sox fans were ticked that he raises false hope on every single routine fly ball...

13. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Oh my, you nailed it. he's the real life Alfred E. Neuman

Nook and STR8Thugg like this.
  14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

BSPN is essentially a network like WGN (Cubs) and TBS (Braves) with regional sentimentality that has better marketing in portraying itself as a national news source because LA / NY / BOS.

BigM likes this.
  15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Good Morning Houston!

I was borderline ready to fall asleep leading up to the 8th....then had to try my hardest to try to fall asleep by midnight last night after that ass whopping in the 9th....

Mood this morning.

[​IMG]

BossHogg713, Squirtle and STR8Thugg like this.
  16. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

It's ridiculous. That pitch could have definitely been called a strike, but to act like it was a slam dunk call is preposterous.

BigM likes this.
  17. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I got spoiled at an early age with Lowel Passe

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I wasn't claiming him as biased in this call. (or anti astro). Just that it was a terrible call. He sounded depressed, instead of calling the play with some excitement. The radio call was so much better, explaining who was rounding the bases and scoring etc. It was just such a strange, quiet call for such a big play at such a big moment of the game. I agree on how everyone seems to hate him, all fan bases.

19. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Red Sox fans and their allied media blowhards are softer than baby diarrhea... starting to smell like it too

Hope the boys come out swinging today and finish Friday night at Minute Maid.

20. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Announcers on MUTE aren't biased. LOL!

BigM likes this.