1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Astros vs. Red Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 14, 2021.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

after these 2 games I need an classic Astros offensive explosion. That was painful. I keep telling myself 1-2 isn’t that bad but man it sure feels like it at the moment.

I don’t love the way we ran out half the pen again tonight. Feeling uneasy as ever, but just hoping this team will rise up and prove me wrong just when my hope is starting to fade.

I ain’t gonna lie, I thought we were done in 2017 against the Yankees. Down 2-3 after losing all 3 in NY. Then I thought we were done again in game 2 against LA, and Marwin came to the plate. And again in game 5, like 5x. Point is, they’ve proven me wrong plenty of times before. Please get this W tomorrow.

2. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Astros should not resign Baker, make Maldonado the new manager, and see if you can get a catcher who can hit.

3. DreamR

DreamR Member

It's not the losing that's bothering me it's the way that we're losing. Giving up grand slams in early innings in these last two games has been soul sucking.

It would be easier to digest if the games were at least competitive. This is just embarrassing.

4. Jalen Green OnlyFan

I mean the losing is bothering me too tbh

but yeah the way it’s happening sucks lol

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Done is just Won until you add the D.

6. Mattician

Mattician Member

Doesn't feel like the Astros are in their 5th consecutive ALCS.

I'm worried this series won't go back to Houston.

One thing that could hurt Boston is them already thinking the series is over and getting too confident. Could get a little ahead of themselves.

#3546 Mattician, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    ramotadab likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Game’s over by the 2nd inning. :confused:
    Went from having too many SP to “who is starting?”/can’t even get out of the 2nd inning.

Houston’s rotation boasted the sport’s fifth-lowest ERA during the regular season. October arrived and it completely collapsed. A 20.25 ERA for any rotation seems preposterous. The Astros have made it plausible in three games.

Houston’s starters have covered 5 ⅓ innings, walked eight batters and allowed 12 earned runs in the first three games of the American League Championship Series. None of the three men entered on a pitch count. All exited before finishing three innings. The ineptitude is staggering.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/astros/article/ALCS-turns-disastrous-for-Astros-in-Game-3-16544183.php#photo-21599447

#3547 J.R., Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    ramotadab and RussE like this.
  8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Win 1 game, they are back to Houston.

ramotadab, STR8Thugg and BigM like this.
  9. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Astros are gonna roll over and quit.

Squirtle likes this.
  10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

6, 9, 6, 10, 5, 5, 3. Our offense hasn’t exactly been a problem.

everyday eddie likes this.
  11. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

First time posting in here since I've been hibernating for the past 10+ years. I watched the 2017 and 2019 teams and this team doesn't hold a candle to those. We're really making the Red Sox look a ton better than what they are. You would think they were winning their 5 world series in 10 years. Sad. Thanks for letting me be a part of such a passionate fan base both on the Rockets and Astros.

ramotadab likes this.
  12. STR8Thugg

yeah but it isn’t that. It’s just 5,5,3. White Sox series is over homie.

napalm06 likes this.
  13. RussE

RussE Member

At least the games are over early and I’m not losing valuable sleep.

Maybe next year Astro fans.

Mkieke likes this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

He said “not good hitters in the postseason”. Pretty sure the ALDS is the playoffs. We were down 9-0 in the 2nd inning of back to back games. But yeah the offense is the problem. Keeping pace with a team that puts up 9 and 12 on your pitching staff isn’t a realistic goal for anyones offense.

everyday eddie likes this.
  15. STR8Thugg

I didn't see the comment you were replying to. That's nonsense anyway. Just pull up Correa and Altuve's postseason numbers. Alvarez, Tucker, etc.

The good and bad thing about baseball is today is a new day, which means a new game. Time to dust ourselves off and get it together.

ramotadab and BigM like this.
  16. the shark

the shark Member

This team flat out QUIT last night!!!

They got punched in the mouth for the second game in a row early and they rolled over like a little B!T#H!!

I certainly didn't expect twelve runs but given the previous game it was very apparent that Boston was locked in.

What I didn't expect was five hits.....let me repeat that FIVE hits against a HORRIBLE pitcher in Rodriquez.

Winning the series?? In a Jim Mora tone when he said, "PLAYOFFS?....PLAYOFFS"??

How about just this game today as it will say EVERYTHING about who and what this team is. Specifically offensively because our staff has shown they can't get these guys out.

They're only down 2-1 but their backs are against the wall. Say they lose, fine. Given the state of our staff I would have no problem with them losing 10-8 or 8-7 or some high scoring game. What I don't want to see is this team who scored the most runs in MLB this year roll over again against what Boston will be throwing today and have FIVE F'n hits!!

It's a character check in my humble opinion.

Sorry for the rant.

17. CinematicFusion

At least we have a bull pen game today to save the season.

ramotadab and BigM like this.
  18. VanityHalfBlack

Damn this sux. I still believe though

BigM and STR8Thugg like this.
  19. STR8Thugg

****ing quality post brother. Cmon Stros let’s get this ****ing victory today and go on to win 3 straight!

VanityHalfBlack and BigM like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lets not forget the Red Sox poured it on against the Rays who were considered one of the best pitching rotations in the League.

These Red Sox hitters are hitting unbelievable hot and this is less about the Stros playing poorly but the Red Sox out of their minds.