1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't quite get the nets banning irving. from an NYC legal standpoint, he's eligible to use the practice facility

as a visiting player, he's eligible to play in LA, SF, TOR, etc so that's 41 games of potential rest for katie or harden

it's possible by the playoffs the situation could change both from irving's and NYC's side

from a bball winning standpoint, outright banning him right now makes no sense to me

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Thanks, unfortunately some don't see it that way. You are either in or not. You either believe what you are told or you are the enemy. This is so bad, as people we can't move forward like this. We are stuck in these corrupt politicians playing field while we fight each other over their policies and bs.

juanming likes this.
  3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

You’re using pseudo-intellectualism though. In theory, yes, things shouldn’t be trusted if they’re introduced in a relatively short period of time. However the vaccines are considered safe and effective at preventing serious complications from Covid. There is no valid counter-point. People should be vaccinated and they should be treated as second-class citizens if they refuse to take it. It’s actively harming the United States to remain unvaccinated (assuming you don’t have a pre-existing condition that renders vaccines risky).

P.S. there is nothing political about my beliefs. This is an apolitical virus. Also, project veritas has always been fraudulent

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont believe the scientists and the doctors as well...they have been caught cheatin, harming and murdering the patients millions of times...sometimes it takes 500 years for the science and the medicine to admit their frauds and delusions...theres no good scientist or a doctor that wont admit to this, but still the newest theory, the newest drug or the current hype in medicine is always 100% verified and legit...lololololol

5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

We’re not talking about a painkiller. We’ve been combating deadly viruses with vaccines for generations now. Other than being a contrarian relying on Facebook research, there’s no reason to question the efficacy of these vaccines when we’re fighting a war. The only plausible conspiracy I would entertain is that Russia/China/whoever is spreading misinformation online so Americans won’t get inoculated against a deadly virus.

arno_ed, MettaWorldPete and cbass like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think they just want to establish chemistry and there is no point of Kyrie being in and out of the line up. Even practice wise, what's the point of running plays with him if he is only going to be there half the time. I think it's for the sake of continuity. My other guess is to prevent the distraction.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Audioout

Audioout Member

I've chosen not to believe one organization with a handful of employees that has been caught trying to fool their audience with edited videos many times. You've chosen not to believe doctors and scientists from all over the world, millions of people. These things are NOT the same.

But I'm not going to argue with you and try to change what you believe. I honestly think overpopulation is a way bigger problem for the world than anti vaccination at this time.

10. i3artow i3aller

11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

For your own good some of yall have got to lay off the facebook and youtube. That **** is rotting your heads

bmelo, peleincubus and Jayzers_100 like this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i dunno, plenty of rotation players around the league already sit out half the season w/ injuries n load mgmt

they could have just said for now, as in the first few weeks, they are keeping him on ice, but they outright banned him for entire season and also destroyed whatever trade value was left as well. he could have been practicing a bit and showcased a few games here and there, but now no GM is gonna even answer the phone

13. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

• The Johnson and Johnson vaccine does not use mRNA but uses traditional vaccine technology so your arguments don’t work for that vaccine even if what you say about the other two is a concern. Also if you’re not going to trust the fda, cdc and nih, and the fact that all of our leaders and congressmen and leading doctors have taken it, you probably never will. But the medical professionals are the same ones you go to immediately if your life is at stake so it seems weird to suddenly say (not necessarily you) I don’t trust these people on vaccines but I’ll trust them with my life for everything else. Makes no sense. Also we have what 4 billion administered doses? 300mm+ shots in the US since February? And the fact that since the vaccine was approved only 7000 vaccinated have died from breakthrough cases vs 150k or so who were unvaccinated?

Jayzers_100 and vlaurelio like this.
  14. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I am not sure I got the number of unvaccinated deaths right. Heard on TV from former surgeon general but may have gotten the number wrong. I just know the rate of likelihood is 11 times more if your unvaccinated. Don’t want to put a wrong number out there.
    Finally I will reiterate a point others have made that employers have always been able to set the rules for employment - dress code, getting vaccinated and other health and safety reasons etc. it is well established that our freedoms can be curtailed for public health and safety reasons. We can’t drink and drive and we can’t go down the wrong way on a one way street, and we’ve all had dozens of shots to stay in school.

I’m just saying when the cdc, nih, fda and leading medical professionals and researchers have an overwhelming consensus on a health issue, if you’re going to object on the science then it would be good to have some proof. For those who are afraid of potential side effects of the vaccines (and I’m not saying there are none), It’s like a bear breaks into your cabin. It is certainly true that there’s a small risk that if you leave the cabin there might be some other danger outside the cabin. But if you stay in the cabin good luck. The overwhelming scientific consensus is that the side effects of the vaccines pale in comparison to the benefits and to the public health.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  15. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

strange harden didn't commit to signing an extension with the nets...

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Safety hazard, media distraction. Teamwork chemistry. Irving is not taking one for the team bc he is refusing to vaccinate due to personal belief (good for him), but in a team nonone likes it if u dtch half the season or more games in playoffs especially if u aren't even injured.

Irving is a distraction and a locker room cancer. Especially if the media is gonna keep pestering him about the vaccination issue

17. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

He's trying to hedge his bets for his guaranteed ring. Though I doubt any other team as good as the Nets (even with the Kyrie drama) will be able to sign him for his asking price.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. shinjirod

shinjirod Member

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think Mills needs to start for the Nets. His game complements Harden so well. Literally a Klay Thompson.

Mills / Harden / Harris / Durant / Griffin.

MettaWorldPete and vlaurelio like this.
  20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I hate to say it because I was a Harden fan but I think he's lost a step. He didn't have a step to begin with but he looks slower