1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[I'm ignorant] Educate me on Silas' offensive system

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Oct 7, 2021.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We don't have shooters besides Armoni lol.

hakeem94 and vlaurelio like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Looks like roll the ball out and watch quietly.

DD

hakeem94 and ROXTXIA like this.
  3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I thought Silas offensive system is more sharing the ball because he told James Harden to give up ISO play . But after watching the way Wood and Porter playing, I think it’s not true. They are driving to the crowd without passing, and reluctantly shooting the ball. Jalen Green hardly get the ball on the court.Silas is OK with that. Lol

ROXTXIA likes this.
  4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Porter, Green, and Wood are being more aggressive and that's what they need to do. You can't pass to guys that aren't open. How do you get them open? You drive and attract defensive help and then dish. When Green and Porter start finishing better the court will open up for passes. They need to keep being aggressive at driving to the basket and Silas needs to utilize a fuller play set including pnr, back picks and give and go. This offense is a work in progress and will get better as the season progresses. Patience is key.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

we have shooters, just don't have playmaker to create open look for them

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We have a bunch of streak shooters. I guess I'm forgetting Christian Wood. I would love for EG to start the year off on one of those incredible shooting runs that he has where he looks like a freaking all star. Come EG, we all want you out, but can't trade you if you look like ****.

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Porter and Sengun are both playmakers and Green will be. Who are these shooters? Brooks maybe but he plays no defense so he won't get more than trash time minutes. KMJ maybe, but he can't create for himself. Tate? Nwaba? Gordan? Not lately on any of them. Green will be a shooter eventually but he is going to make his money going to the FT line.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

then let the existing player practice them....with a month or so of dedicate practice you can make a lot of progress... also let them shoot 3s for 2 hours before every game... i bet you any money theyll raise their % in no time... lot of our players could be serviceable 3pt shooters if they only set themselves to practice it more...

i dont care if you miss the shot but you you need to hit the gym the way i described above...

theres no substitution for hard work....thats the only way to win.... you cant tank your way to championship...
    you may draft whoever if they dont practice hard and harder than the most of nba they aint winning nothing....

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

extend this man already!
    and make him a clown assistant to Clutch the Bear

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

11. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

they are not a playmakers, so many turnovers, wait and see if they can improve by all-star break

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

it wasn't fun to watch last season and it ain't looking good this season. doesn't feel like anyone knows their roles.

14. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

The offense is lacking because we have non shooters getting major minutes (Tate, Nwaba, etc...). Neither Green nor KPJ can score with their Tate and Nwaba defenders standing in the lane. We need 5 scorers on the floor at all times...

15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

This is straight out excellent. Where is this coach and how can we sign him up immediately.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

Yes we know you are.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That didn't make sense but happy Friday!

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This is part of the problem I keep seeing with us. We keep doing individual skills training instead of a full court scrimmage workouts with a coach fixing the issue on the spot. You just can't fix it by saying in the post-game interviews.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

Kris Gardner, some of the reporters who had access to the facility, confirm Wood hit his FT just fine in practice. Even during pre-season when the woes started. The fact he can't hit them in game is suspected to be more mental than mechanics.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

So he’s like Rockets Legend™ Dwert Howurd

[​IMG]