1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Midterms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Jan 8, 2021.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My mistake, the Astros game was distracting, I meant Georgia had higher black turnout than usual.

Honestly, I just don't think Trump is flipping any voters at this point in time. I don't think I'm underestimating him I just think since being out of office he hasn't garnered any new supporters so far and can't see how continuing to whine about how he really won is going to get him new voters.

I do agree that people underestimate his appeal with latino voters, especially in Florida, but I don't see him flipping voters period. He's a guy you either love or hate and people that hate him are not going to just change their mind and vote for him. At least, I can't think of a scenario where Trump is able to flip enough voters to win a general election.

He'll always have his turn out though and that's always dangerous but I think he's done himself no favors telling people not to vote and raging against democracy in general. I think he might be underestimating how much some of his followers hang on his every word.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

We need new leaders in 22 and 24.

Roc Paint likes this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

He doesn’t have to flip voters though. He just needs low turnout from the dems. His idiot followers are still going to show up no matter what.

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

nah you and others get the leaders you deserve. H Clinton, D Trump, and J Biden are apparently the best choice for Americans that sit around trying to make excuses for all 3 of them on Facebook, Twitter here and wherever else. I personally can easily see how all three are awful and corrupt. How many posts on here have you use hours of your life making excuses for the POS that Trump is? Unless I'm mistaken there have been tons of them??

Andre0087 likes this.
  5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

T_Man, ryan_98 and peleincubus like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Gosh... if this was the only Democrat senate pick up...

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. HTM

HTM Member

Government giving ppl money is popular? Who knew.

9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

If the GOP takes heavy mid term losses it won't be anymore...it's probably our only hope for real policy driven candidates instead of these "I love Trump and dumber than dirt but vote for me" people.

Commodore likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The way I can see the GOP doing poorly in the Midterms is if the focus on Trump and that the last election was stolen. If that is the issue they push while Trump voters will turnout so will the anti-Trump vote.

I'm pretty sure Republican leadership knows this but they might not be able to control this.

Andre0087 likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

btw, Echelon Insights is a respected republican polling firm run by Kristin Soltis Anderson (a great twitter follow, if only for her daily Wally photos). Here's an interesting smattering of their latest polling results...

B-Bob likes this.
  12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

A cult can't control it's leader, it's the other way around. McConnell would have been better off impeaching him...he's the real power in the GOP Senate.

Xerobull and B-Bob like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting to hear that Youngkin in VA is keeping Trump away from his campaign even though Trump endorsed him.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is such a telling poll as to why Biden and the Democrats numbers are down. Look at whose numbers are the lowest nationally. Not listed here but go look at Kyrsten Sinema’s numbers both in AZ and nationally.

The reason why Biden’s numbers are low is because the national news is all about how the party is “in disarray” because BBB isn’t getting done. However Repugs shouldn’t celebrate because in this data is the evidence that the voters are smart enough in the end to know that it’s mostly a Manchin/Sinema problem. The answer to a lot of the slippage in “agreement” poll takers is likely that they want Biden to be more progressive, and more Demanding to get LEFT ideas past into law.

There’s also the frustration about Covid. Do you think Republicans are frustrated that Covid is still around?? Republicans are doing everything they can to spread the virus and seem to be rooting for it to ruin the economy so that they can take power amid chaos.

The polling also isn’t a choice of Qanon insurrectionist vs Democrat. Go look at what happened in California once the voters became aware of the difference in choices. You guys on the right continue to forget how nuts your party is.

ROCKSS, jiggyfly and dmoneybangbang like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

But no... donald trump isn't important anymore in the republican party...

16. NewRoxFan

Maybe he heard that the cow was running against him...

[​IMG]

No Worries likes this.
  17. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Gonna be rough for us libs in the midterms.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Say what you want but its not a good thing for liberals if the far left keep provoking Musk.

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone who doesnt denounce jan 6 twice a day should not be allowed to vote.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cruz: GOP will have 'multiple grounds to consider' for Biden impeachment if it wins House

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...ounds-to-consider-for-biden-impeachment-if-it

excerpt:

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said that "there's a chance" Republicans will impeach President Biden if they win the House majority in this year's midterm elections.

"If we take the House, which I said is overwhelmingly likely, then I think we will see serious investigations of the Biden administration," the senator said on the latest episode of his podcast "Verdict with Ted Cruz."

"I do think there's a chance of that," Cruz said while talking about the possibility of a Republican-majority House impeaching Biden. He added that the Democrats had "weaponized impeachment."

"They used it for partisan purposes to go after Trump because they disagreed with him. One of the real disadvantages of doing that is the more you weaponize it and turn it into a partisan cudgel, you know what’s good for the goose is good for the gander," Cruz said.

Cruz said that there are "multiple grounds to consider for impeachment" of Biden.

"Probably the most compelling is the utter lawlessness of President Biden's refusal to enforce the border. His decision to just defy federal immigration laws and allow 2 million people to come here unimpeded in direct contravention of his obligation under Article Two of the Constitution to take care that the laws be faithfully executed," he said.

"That is probably the strongest grounds right now for impeachment but there may be others. Because the Democrats decided this is just another tool in the partisan war chest I think there is a real risk that this turnabout will be fair play," Cruz continued.
    more at the link