1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green - what are your expectations for this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 11, 2021.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Such a specific outcome. The range is much bigger than that. He could be much worse or better than Beal.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

He could certainly be much worse, as I said that’s a best case scenario. I see little chance of him being much better, particularly due to physical limitations on defense and lack of natural playmaking ability. But love to be proven wrong.

palmsnbananas and bmelo like this.
  3. vator

vator Contributing Member

4. i3artow i3aller

Hope you keep that same energy at the end of the year and for seasons to come.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

Not half bad for an nonathletic kid with no hops.

amaru likes this.
  6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I think he’s going to be great, but he’s got a long way to go. And that’s being kind. It’s going to be one hell of a rough year.

Corrosion, Bo6, amaru and 4 others like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He makes Aaron Brooks look THICC

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

When he shows me nothing I say it, and when he shows me something I say it as well? Yeah I’ll keep that same energy. I can only say what I see, don’t blame me for Jalen’s shortcomings, he’s the one playing.

harold bingo likes this.
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Why does he keep getting blocked at the rim for someone supposedly so athletic? (Through out preseason, not just this game)

bmelo likes this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

Yup, you're right. He's not athletic and has no hops. Good call.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  11. CXbby

CXbby Member

No. You are right. He’s not getting stuffed at the rim on most of his attempts. It’s my imagination.

bmelo likes this.
  12. CXbby

CXbby Member

These Greentards sure are a sensitive bunch.

Comparing his best case to Bradley Beal or Lavine is not a knock. Those are good players. Just not superstars.

amaru and vlaurelio like this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

You're incessant Green bashing grows old is all. You're an opportunist that loves to rag on Jalen with each and every occasion. I've defended Green, Sengun and others when posters say inane nonsensical comments that hold no water.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and tjhat's pretty generous/optimistic. It will take a ton of hard work from green and coaches and trainers around him to reach the level of a Bradley Beal and Lavine

amaru and CXbby like this.
  15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah I don't really get this mentality. Keep what energy? He's the second overall pick and he is playing bad. This is a board to discuss the rockets, if he's playing bad, we should be able to say that he's playing bad. If I say that he looks bad, that doesn't mean I've joined some team where I hate him and think he will never be good. I hope he starts to play a lot better and when he does I'll post about it. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that he is massively struggling so far, in this very very small and meaningless sample of the preseason.

bmelo, Mathloom and CXbby like this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Beal and Lavine are very good players, I would thank Jesus if Green becomes anywhere close to their level.

He needs to work his ass off to get to their level

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah its mainly on green also the gm, coaches, and trainers to get him to that level

once he's on that level devin booker level is very attainable

amaru likes this.
  18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Not even a single season of games and some are already trying to project best case scenarios for Green. Some folks truly do not deserve the privilege of reproducing...

BonziWellsGOAT and peleincubus like this.
  19. CXbby

CXbby Member

That’s funny that you call me an opportunist. Green has not looked good in a single game vs NBA players yet. He’s looked anywhere from mediocre to horrific, how else do you want me to put it when talking about him. I’m waiting for him to play a good game and give me and opportunity to praise him!

20. dmoneybangbang

Christ.....

i3artow i3aller likes this.