1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Bleacher Report) Rockets one of teams still engaged with Sixers on Ben Simmons trade talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Oct 14, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm not sure that's correct.

Read those 2 sentences again.

But then again, anything is possible.

sirjesse likes this.
  2. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

Washington and Portland could get more for Beal and Dame….

rockets1995 and NewAge like this.
  3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Only thing we are winning with that lineup is the 6/7th seed

Jontro likes this.
  4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

yea, we're not getting Simmons unless Morey wants Wall over CJ.

Jontro likes this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I like the fit of Simmons and Jalen Green/KPJ.

Price tag is way too steep though. Wood, Gordon, and a first (the Nets) is the absolute most I'd give.

Theis
    Sengun
    Simmons
    Green
    KPJ

This opens up minutes for Sengun and Christopher. Problem is, it makes us too good to get one of the great forwards coming out this upcoming draft.

If you really want to expedite the rebuild, trade another first for Harrell, if you can. I would love that team on three years.

Harrell
    Sengun
    Simmons
    Green
    KPJ

With those young guys on the bench. That's a solid 3-5 seed in two years, imo.

#85 Two Sandwiches, Oct 15, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    bmelo likes this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Harrell...as in Montrezl Harrell?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Yes sir. I'd like to see how he and Sengun would fit together. I'm just throwing hypotheticals out there. No reason to think Washington would trade him.

I think he's the ideal big man to play with these young guards. I'm not convinced on Wood. Or at least in the way we've been playing him in the preseason. I feel that he's playing too much perimeter and we need a banger if we're playing all these young chuckers.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

bring in kyrie and we contenders

9. juanming

juanming Member

Hey I finally had my beer for the day I need to apologize to the board for my negative post this morning bashing stone.

I can explain. I am an alcoholic and I suffer with DT's every morning which causes me to be grouchy and when I post on here is very negative so I apologize

So after a couple beers I've decided that I actually like Simmons and I would have applaud Stone if you get Simmons and I'll tell you why. Yes Simmons is a terrible shooter with a terrible agent and overpaid however there's one player I hate more than him and that's Christian Wood I don't want to get into specifics but I just can't stand wood at all

In the words of Beavis and Butt-head he is a wussy.. always standing on the three-point line too scared to bang with somebody too scared to rebound he's too skinny to lanky

So yes wall and wood for Simmons &wall and Danny Green I guess and I will be a happy man cheers now it's time for another beer

10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

What fit exactly are we talking about here? Simmons complains about Embiid cramping his style by being in the paint all the time. How is that going to change with Green and KPJ, neither of whom are good shooters from the perimeter?

11. Two Sandwiches

Simmons not needing to provide any sort of offense is a plus for his value and his career. He'd essentially play a Draymond Green role, which I think is what he is best suited for in order to maximize he career potential. You could afford to play him in that role with the other guys we have on the roster.

D-rock and Kevooooo like this.
  12. steddinotayto

I've asked this a few times before when it was previously mentioned by other members but I'll ask it again: What is the "Draymond Green role" because there's been two different Draymond Greens. One is the all-around All-Star during the Warriors championship run that not only provided All-World defense but also provided playmaking abilities AND a credible 3 point shot. Then there's the current Draymond Green that still gives you good defense and playmaking but is no longer any kind of offensive threat from distance. The first one is what I think we all want because that player was very very good whereas the second one is, well, slightly above average.

Seeing how Simmons don't have a credible 3 point shot...are you wanting him to be the current version of Draymond...or are we hoping Simmons can/will shoot more outside shots so that he can be a version of the "old" Draymond?

13. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Dray works well in his offensive role because 1) he is/was surrounded by not just great shooters, but some of the greatest shooters in NBA history and 2) he is not afraid to step out and take the 3 when the team needs him to. Dray is also willing to mostly take a backseat to Curry, Klay, and Iggy, something that Simmons has never expressed any willingness to do.

Two Sandwiches and NewAge like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Neither Green or Scoot will park in the paint.

You are confusing spacing with 3ball shooting efficiency.

There is a difference.

15. steddinotayto

To add to your points, Green was also a 70% FT shooter, which is about 10% higher than Ben so the Warriors didn't have a huge liability with Green at the line.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

That said, Simmons averages more points than Dray, so there is that too.

Stats without context can be deceiving.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  17. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

Drunk ass boi

18. vince

vince Member

I wonder if the 76’ers are talking about a KPJ and Wall + 2 first round picks type of deal?

Wall and KPJ would step in and handle the ball handling. The 2 first round picks gives the 76’ers options to fix the team via draft or trade asset for the foreseeable future.

I’m not the biggest fan of Simmons, but the guy is a defensive juggernaut, who is also a great distributor and facilitator. If his offense was on par with average, teams would be breaking down the telecommunications systems to pry him from Morey.

But I could see that KPJ and 2 first round picks might seem like a lot. At the same time, Philadelphia might say, we need a cherry on top to take Wall of your hands…

D-rock and jb86 like this.
  19. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Sixers insisting the marketplace for Simmons is bustling with activity ...

D-rock likes this.
  20. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Unless he has a complete attitude change I do not see Simmons as a good fit for this team

D-rock likes this.