1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Astros vs. Red Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 14, 2021.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If it doesn't, we are in very big trouble.

desihooper and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

LMJ is on the taxi squad, never say never....

everyday eddie and Nook like this.
  3. HookemHorns1250

It’s crazy to think that we are with our two best pitchers (Lance, JV). All I can say is, if this group happens to pull it off, I don’t think I could ever be more proud to be an astros fan.

I know there will be some frustration tonight (there’s some in every game win or lose, let’s be honest). However, just remember what kind of baseball these guys have given us the last 5 years.

Also yes, as incredibly sad as it may be, this could be Correas last year with us.

This post isn’t to bring anyone down.. it’s to try and make people enjoy this amazing run of this team over the years.

That being said, there’s only one thing left to do, Win the whole f*cking thing!

awc713, ipaman, Chilly_Pete and 4 others like this.
  4. Elienator

Elienator Member

I said we're "probably" not seeing him in the WS if the Astros make it, not that there was no chance.

If there is a .0001% chance he could play, would there be a reason to keep him off the taxi squad? I don't think him being on the taxi squad tells us much.

5. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

COVD, injury, who knows, I don't expect it to occur either but yea who knows. If we do get to the WS maybe by then he can relieve. Just don't know enough about his injury yet

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think we get lost realizing how short the playoffs really are. The season will be over in just 3 weeks.

most minor pitching injuries during the season consist of at least a 10 day IL stint. Then a possible rehab start (or two), then reactivation. Obviously you can’t do all of that with the amount of time left… so there’s a chance they see what he can give you if they make it that far, but if he can’t it still fits the timeframe of a standard minor pitching injury.

Elienator and Nook like this.
  7. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Let's just buckle up and get this going.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Houston’s decision to omit McCullers also creates the possibility that he could be added back to the ALCS roster as an injury replacement, depending on how his forearm progresses. Had the Astros included him on the initial roster and then had to remove him once again, he’d have been rendered ineligible for the World Series, should Houston advance that far.

desihooper and Bobbythegreat like this.
  9. steveng125

steveng125 Member

do you happen to know if row 18 is covered by the upper deck?

whiskeyred likes this.
  10. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

11. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Atlanta is not winning the World Series.

12. alethios

alethios Member

Please explain what "taxi squad" means. Honestly never heard that term before.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks and I will be thinking of my friend during the series. What’s make this even more sad is that many of our other joint friends aren’t really sports fans or just care about Minnesota sports. My friend who passed used to host watch parties at her house I’m not sure if I’m going host one.

14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

He is the 2nd emergency pinch runner behind Greinke...

15. lnchan

Just started last year due to COVID.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Taxi_squad

A taxi squad is an informal name for the group of substitute players who shuffle between the major league team and its AAA affiliate depending on short-term needs. The term is also used to refer to the 26th Man Rule.

In 2020, it became an official part of the rules, as every team was asked to have three players not on their 30-man roster accompany the team at all times to serve as ready substitutes should a player be unavailable. That group, which had to include at least one catcher, was known as the taxi squad. When rosters were reduced to 28 players on August 6th, the taxi squad was in turn increased to five players. With players at risk of being sidelined at very short notice by a positive test for COVID-19, it was felt necessary to have such a pool of players readily available to step in with little notice. Since there was no minor league baseball being played, the players on the squad were not losing any playing time or development time with this status. The rule was still in effect at the start of the 2021 season.

alethios likes this.
  16. lnchan

marks0223 likes this.
  17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

18. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I love old school on the opponents side. Brantley is our only lefty that bringing in a lefty helps. Alvarez and Tucker feast on lefties.

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

20. Fiah

Fiah Member

Laz Diaz....of course!

desihooper likes this.