1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Facebook & Social Media is what is wrong with America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't be disgusting

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Don't lie

tinman likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you're a very small man.

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

any forum where conservative ideas are communicated is a problem for DD and CNN, needs to be shut down

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Define “Conservative Ideas”.

That’s a very generous term to give right wing Facebook extremist groups that organize in a way to do things like injecting Holocaust denial into our Texas school districts.

There is a direct link in Facebook groups organizing school board attacks that have influenced exactly these type of actions:

DD is a kind of crazy but he’s not wrong here. Facebook and FoxNews alone are literally destroying our country and causing a cold civil war.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Aliens are good

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Civil war is a great captain America movie and Guns and roses song

people will side with corporations over politicians because we are all consumers

9. HardenVolumeOne

disagree if we didnt have social media and twitter then we would still be relying on cable news( which trump exposed is that all they do is lie and push propoganda)

i havent watched a single second of cnn in years. Probably the last time i watched cnn was when the breaking news of kobe death happened.

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  10. dobro1229

Removing the word "Cold" is an important deletion. Yes it is true that there is a concerted effort to foment a COLD Civil War of sorts that creates enough chaos in order to get a lasting Republican minority rule that elevates an Oligarchy style of governance where the CEO's of those corporations, and other billionaires can continue to pay no taxes, and get what they want from those bought off politicians from Mitch McConnell to Kyrsten Sinema.

This is led by foreign billionaires like Rupert Murdoch who runs FoxNews to Saudi, UAE, and Russian Oligarchs who do not want America to be a Democracy to the selfish American billionaires who just are greedy and do not want to pay taxes or have any sort of regulation, and see entrenched right wing rule as their only ticket to personal gains.

I don't believe Rupert Murdoch and Mark Zuckerberg purposefully want Americans killing each other in the streets in a hot civil war. That wouldn't be good for business. But they do want the divisions that come with a cold civil war because those divisions will lead to a distrust in the government, and each other that leads to them getting the government that they want that they can benefit from.

I know you are just trying to make a joke, but still important to note that Cold War vs Hot War is an important distinction.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

everyone thinks that which they disagree with is extremism and/or disinformation, and that which they agree with is common sense and true. And they can always point to examples of this as justification for blanket censorship.

CNN wants to control the flow of information (and also advertising $$$), so they want to shut down Facebook, which permits the dissemination of information CNN doesn't like, and provides a means of routing around the institutional gatekeepers.

It's funny because Zuckerberg spent hundreds of millions to defeat Trump in 2020, and the left still hates him.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

The whole section is a joke . It’s a Rockets forum.
    But my point of is that people are slaves to media and cable news is always validated here

there’s why Tucker and Don Lemon are probably driving Lamborghinis while media obsessed burger flippers take the bus and wonder why they are so rich when they keep reporting their Twitter stories and videos

if a bunch of people jump off cliffs taking a selfie
    None of them would be 99ers

13. dobro1229

No.... Extremism is Extremism. We aren't debating supply side economics here man. We are talking about things like Holocaust denial, and antivaxxer conspiracy theories.

Dictionary definition: the holding of extreme political or religious views; fanaticism.

Again, the direct link here is between organizing allowed on Facebook of fundamental extremist conspiracy theorists on the Right who can then taken action to do something as extreme as removing the teaching of the Holocaust in Texas Schools. Holocaust denial is NOT just an issue that reasonable minds can disagree with in a respectful manner.

If you are here to defend what is happening on the right that is fomented by FoxNews and supported by Facebook to allow for organization that leads to this type of action, then we have very little to engage with here in a constructive manner. If you cannot own up to what is happening on the right then that's very telling.

It's also weird that you guys continue to think that people like me have some sort of soft spot for defending CNN. You clearly do not know the American left, and you clearly do not really follow CNN, and only are getting your talking points from MAGA world. The reason why CNN is always attacked by the MAGA right when outlets like Rawstory, PodSaveAmerica, Vox, etc. are not even mentioned is because they know that CNN's viewers are more to the center-right, and they feel there it is a soft target they can influence like they influence Fox.

CNN though is very much part of the problem. "News" is not treated as true news at CNN. It's treated as soap opera WWE style conflict drama with political figures as the stars of the show. There model is wrong, and a big reason why someone like Trump had any chance of winning an election.

Your note about Zuckerberg donating money to beat Trump is a Freudian slip. Zuckerberg donated to Election infrastructure modernization via a Chicago nonprofit. So obviously you believe that Trump's advantages in winning relied on poor election infrastructure. Sort of a funny admission there.

#73 dobro1229, Oct 15, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    ROCKSS likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is literally what is wrong with the USA - too much time consuming stupid **** on Youtube and not enough dealing with real true information.

DD

ROXRAN likes this.
  15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Don’t forget tik tok

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hell yes, that too....FB, Tik Tok, Instagram, Twitter, all should be facing legislation for making sure that truth is all that is posted....they should be moderating their content for the good of society.

DD

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hard to assess how Orwellian this is without a higher-res picture of the post that got tagged.

19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I am not on Facebook, twitter, tik tok or any social media ( I am on Linkden) and am glad I never did even though my family gave me crap for years. I would be come submerged in certain topics which would not be good for my mental health not my time. I know some on the extreme right like to go after CNN, for those of you who do, you do not really follow it, they are just as hard on Biden as they were on trump, are they perfect....hell no, there part of the problem. The biggest threat I see are stations like fox and news max, I do like to turn on fox to see what they are NOT talking about, it is simply lie after lie after lie........which if your biggest hitters like Carlson, Ingrahm and the bunch are bff with trump and his staff. Hell, they were texting him during the Jan 6 insurrection and meadows was answering back. Its a sham of a production and you bet your bottom dollar that this sells for murdoch and family and he stokes the flames. Hey........did we ever get to the bottom of what happened on 9.11, if we did can someone at fox let trump know, he seems to have forgotten over the weekend

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe this is what was tweeted and/or retweeted

durvasa likes this.