1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green - what are your expectations for this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 11, 2021.

1. NewAge

NewAge Member

cool tutorials!
    Are they from Trump Uni? :)

vlaurelio likes this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I'm suing to get my money back :D

NewAge likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

4. xaos

xaos Member

I wonder how much his new weight training routine is affecting his 3 point shot. I think I read somewhere he has added over 10 lbs since being drafted so I'd imagine this has some role, just not sure how much.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

10lbs is nothing for tall bone-skinny dude. you won't even notice it. he needs 30-40lbs to get on his top level

harold bingo likes this.
  7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

bmelo and xaos like this.
  8. xaos

xaos Member

Not sure how this answers anything I said. Also, you think he was going to add 40 lbs of muscle from draft day to preseason?

34to11 likes this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Its not anger its heavy heavy sarcasm and I thought it was funny, Im starting to realize its not just homophobia some of this **** comes from a racist place. And yeah that **** makes me angry sometimes. Lets just say im growing tired antics of this board. Im actually disapointed because when I signed up I thought this would be a place where sure rockets fans have debates but it would be about basketball maybe their would be some arguments but it would be about basketball. This place is like a cesspool for male pattern baldness and guys who are clearly overweight and unathletic and likely who never picked up a basketball in their lives and who clearly hate themselves to voice out their jealousy, racial hate, homophobia, sexism. Its ****in hilarious, **** they are even in basketball discussions fighting over taking a vaccine. Vaccines have been around near 300 years. Some idiot tells me I need to go on youtube to research Fauci a guy who isnt a politician and didnt even invent the vaccine because he doesnt trust him and wont take the vaccine because of it fine but why you talking about here to me IDGAF. 19 yr old is our first 2nd round pick in forever and all you see is racist and homophobic posts and no one is blocked or banned by admin, ive never seen a place like this. The players and coaching staff could easily be seeing this stuff its embarassing. This place isnt a basketball forum its a straight luny ass comedy fest. So im just going to take it as a joke and not a real basketball forum from now on. Honestly i'll probably stick to game day forums for the most part. Everything else is pure comedy.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

he's never been a great shooter anyway. He needs to work on his form which is very inconsistent at the moment. Good thing is that he can get hot and his shot has some good arc to it.

when I was at the game watching him and KPJ warm up during the Raptors game, they bricked a ton even in practice, that shows they are not there as shooters. When you watch someone like Harden shoot, he makes 70-80% of his warm up 3's and he's not even a dead eye shooter.

I would say based on warm ups alone, Brooks and Christopher have the most consistent looking shots. KPJ and Green can get hot, but it's very inconsistent, and they would randomly miss 3-4 in a row.

steddinotayto likes this.
  12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No expectations.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

someone needs to bump the SL threads, because a lot of the people crying now would look absolutely foolish when u contrast posts now from posts back then

How do u go from Kobe, MJ, future superstar, best player in the draft, easy ROY, etc to someone who should have everybody feeling worried in the span of some preseason games? Keep that same SL energy since y’all wanted to take those games so seriously and use them as evidence of his future greatness. Don’t be a weak willed casual that flip flops on a dime

i3artow i3aller and DreamR like this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's the byproduct of how our society works now--instant gratification is a drug. Rather than be patient and realize that, historically, the numbers Green is putting up in preseason is pretty much in line with what other All-Star shooting guards did in their respective rookie years, we either label him a bust before the season starts or we pine for another rookie because they've played well (Mobley, Giddey) not also realizing that, again, it's the preseason.

Of course, this is where some would like to point out that I've not shown Silas that same courtesy and patience to which I say, "Show me anything resembling an offensive system over an entire game and I'll be quiet".

15. xaos

xaos Member

Yeah he has never been lights out, but he has always been an overall efficient scorer/shooter despite being streaky. Of course, playing at an NBA speed, getting bullied a bit, and trying to learn so many new things can affect your shooting legs,... but I think there's probably something more to him shooting just 25% from 3.

All that being said I'm not worried and am confident he will still end up having an amazing career. I was just wondering if his new workout regimen is affecting his jumpshot (that includes pregame).

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

u just summer up everything so nicely…it’s getting nauseating with all the flip flopping

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Agreed. There are a few things he can tighten up (namely his elbows flair out too wide and the placement of his off-shooting/left hand at the beginning of his shooting motion is all the way at the bottom of the ball) that would make him a better shooter. But that arc, like you said, is nice. It's a thing of beauty.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

if we’re going by preseason, Jalen Suggs is nothing more than next Emmanuel Mudiay, but it would be foolish to claim that after just a few preseason games

LaMelo Ball in last year’s preseason: 9 ppg on 26/27/75 shooting splits with 3.8 assists and 3.5 turnovers per game

resident idiots on CF would have deemed him a bust

19. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

I think it's always about how a player responds to adversity. All the best ones, in my mind, are great because of how they respond to something negative. I sense he's got that love for the game and that keep your head up and keep grinding mindset. I look forward to his first year of figuring things out and getting better and better. His post-allstar break game will be super important, he's gotta start trending upwards by then, and then break out in 2nd year if he wants to be big time

NewAge likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Something like 14/4/3