1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Case for Trading Up to get Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Jul 3, 2021.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Barring injuries or dumbass owner fkery. Sengun is gonna be da greatest Turkish ever to grace the court/ wear a rocket jersey. Dude plays like a vet.

Refusal to play him more mins is just evidence of incompetence by Silas

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its not only more minutes, other players need to trust sengun more, they need to look for him at every single possesion instead they become unpatient and start chucking , throwing him out of rhythm...they need to value possessions more... player who just decides hes just suddenly gonna chuck a 3pter over the hands of defenders 5 seconds in the shotclock doesnt value possesions...
    they need to learn the value of a single possession...

it isnt just a matter of what is the efficient shot... possessions are a tool...psycho-physical tool, a tactical tool.... you denie the opponent the ball , you make them work, you make them run around, this is how you beat them sometimes...you instill the confidence in youre guys and make the opponent desperate and impatient...

passing the ball around every single time(no exceptions) you also keep the entire team engaged, thats how you build chemistry and how you get them into rhythm...you can not expect someone to drive sucessfuly, or make a sucessful pass or score if he only touched the ball once and that was 5 minutes ago...

TAKE THAT FOR DATA

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he hit all the FTs this time!
    thank you Dr. Lucas! I see you!

fattz, CHAMPBOY and D-rock like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and his FT rate on the rockets is hardenesque...(i think its 8 FTs per 36)..
    and thats with garbage man usage rate and without even having a system designed around him and with no bs foul baiting and rule stretching calls

hes the new harden!
    [​IMG]

Drift Monkey and D-rock like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Smart player, nevermind he is still teenager.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahah nothing truly remarkable here just a quick pass to an open man....if only other players looked more to pass (and pass quickly!) to whoever is open instead of fancy dribbling the air out of ball....such an egoists!

Drift Monkey, Jontro and bmelo like this.
  8. bmelo

bmelo Member

Thats why we Euros wanted Harden ball to stop. Its simple passing around here, pair that approach with amazing talent and you have beautiful bball

9. bmelo

bmelo Member

Counter to that is backcut from the corner

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

They don't got the skills to make the pass. If that was Green or Wood throwing that pass from one corner to the other it would have either been stolen or gone out of bounds.

Sengun on top of having great vision, is also fundentally skilled at making passes

fattz, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Definitely in favor of him anchoring the bench.

He sees the geometry of the floor and where the pieces are.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

that as well, because they think hitting 30 footer is a pinnacle of basketball....lololol
    but really the emphasis in the tweet ( and drock post) was on the decision making...its mostly really simple....just pass it to the open man...doesnt matter if nothing happens at first..i remmeber dmo had that quality of quick passing....it immediately creates such a positive energy and engagement of the teammates....

the other day i was at the playground where a very young team had a practice, they werent allowed to dribble and they werent allowed to score basket unless previously all the 5 teammates touched the ball...AMAZING!
    Silas need to introduce this excercise in their practice. pm this to him whoever knows him

Drift Monkey likes this.
  13. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Our rookies are great....Sengun is going to be a Star!!! I really thought Garuba would be a defensive stopper, guard either centers or guards but he seem a step slow and lethargy....i'm shocked

Jontro and D-rock like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

You Euros can go suck a dick.

apollo33 likes this.
  15. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

daaaaamnnnn a bit harsh for asking for ball movement? Not gonna lie, I like to see a lot of cuts and ball movement also

fattz and charlieaustin like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

No disrespect to all Euros....just snide people that automatically think ball movement= better basketball. :D

Just clarifying for my boy D Rock.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

still so happy we got this guy

18. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Btw westerners does not assume Turkey heck even balkans are in europe .especially for Turkey middle easterns and causcasians also don't count the country part of their respected regions so my case is sengun is not from europe from the perception of neighbour countries . As i said before he is roman/ Ottoman ascendant and from centre of the old world.

Shark44 and D-rock like this.
  19. i3artow i3aller

Same. Sengun's been so much fun to watch right out of the box.
    [​IMG]

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah especially with two out of top3 players in NBA being euro lol