1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the last we will see of Carlos Correa?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by what, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Elienator

Elienator Member

That’s not how GMs think, but Carlos post season numbers are basically the same as his regular season ones. If Machado, Lindor, Tatis had the same sample sizes in the playoffs their numbers would look similar to their regular season as well. What you do over 162 games matters a lot more then what you do in 5 or 7.

2. raining threes

Yep, with his injury history I would pay him 30-35 mil per for 7-8 years.

Do I think that would get a deal done ? Nope

Gonna miss you Carlos.

3. Major

Major Member

GM's aren't the ones saying "pay him whatever he wants" or "he's getting $400MM". I've already said GMs aren't paying him that, so I'm not sure your point. But he's certainly getting more than this:

And he was getting way more than 6/$120MM even if he missed half of this season.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I think they're going to pay him. @Nook

raining threes and Nook like this.
  5. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I'd eat that crow happily if they keep him. Dude showed out big time this year and has been a big game performer. Respectfully changing my tune.

6. jjsmooth

jjsmooth Member

No, it's because he put up a MVP worthy regular season. He earned a lot of money this year. Probably around $100M

Nook likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

If it is Click’s call, they won’t be dropping 200 million on Carlos. However Crane will ultimately make the call… a World Series championship greatly helps his chance of returning.

One thing that Goldstein told me is that everything the Astros do with this group is with the goal of winning a title, and that they are not overly interested in players that can get them to October, but who can thrive in October. The Astros believe that talent, top tier talent wins out in key playoff match ups and situations. Can a reliever get out top hitters with runners on in a playoff game? Can a hitter hit a closer with nasty stuff? What I will say about Carlos is that he has proven he can hit anyone and in any scenario… and that does matter to the Astros.

8. Buck Turgidson

I think we'll see him for a few more games.

What a bullsh!t thread this is.

Carry on.

9. verse

verse Contributing Member

Should CC stay here for 6-7 more years and continue, individually and team wise, at the same success rate he's enjoyed for the past 5 years, we're looking at an HOF combo at SS & 2B. That would be SO sweet for HTown. That's a historical legacy I'd be willing to bet on, especially if it wouldn't cost us Alvarez and Tucker down the line.

HTXSportsAddict, Handles and Nook like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

More concerned with how well McCullers is feeling and how we match up with Boston.

11. Buck Turgidson

So you DO think we'll see Carlos Correa again?

Good to know.

12. King1

And you hit the nail on the head. I think that Crane wants to keep him while CLICK would rather spend the money elsewhere. I was around Danny (his fiance) and Kara (Lance's wife) and what was interesting is how much they love Houston. Danielle was ready to go to NY at the All-star break and she's starting to embrace it here. Kara is a sweetheart. Lance had some good genes btw. His mom has aged well lol

Nook likes this.
  13. King1

Lol. How many drinks are you in my man? I lost count about an 2 hours ago

14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

It is undeniably "his time".

15. King1

@Nook fun fact I Have those gold Adidas shoes Billy Hamilton was wearing games 1 and 2 (thankfully he didn't play). He's one of the coolest people you'll ever meet. Was tossing balls to kids and everything even though people were being assholes.

Nook likes this.
  16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Spending money on Top Tier Prospects in Latin America and in the Draft, Spending Money on the Front Office Staff, Scouts is more important.

I believe every $300 million dollar player is at home because Franchises can't spend money on Prospects and Pitching.

Albert Pujols just came back after a 9 years, $300 Million Dollar Deal the Angels were tired of his lack of production in the end.

Mike Trout - Only 1 Playoff Appearance and that was on his Rookie Deal I believe

Fernando Tatis Jr.
    Manny Machado
    Francisco Lindor
    Miguel Cabrera
    Justin Verlander ( When on Tigers)
    Prince Fielder - Big Contract, Big Health Issues

Derek Jeter Big Contract, Big Franchise can keep most players in New York

Most Players and Franchises are watching the Astros and (Formerly) Rays at home.

Spend Money on the Farm System. It sucks more not having Star Players in the Farm System.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Crane will make more money if he pays him. 5 more pennants too. It's too simple. The guy is an ATM machine. But even more importantly, he's flipping the brand getting back to the world series. We don't maintain this championship streak and go to the world series, our brand and value won't grow. Pre-Correa, we had no value. Pretty much dawg shiot at 500 million. Post Correa - we are now at nearly 2 billion.

#1017 PhiSlammaJamma, Oct 13, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    rockets1995 likes this.
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Astros better get even Higher Paying Sponsors if they can get Carlos Correa.

Those Sponsored Huge Billboard on the Outfield Wall is Paying these Players. Astros Fans Save up money and spend it on Postseason Tickets, Regular Season not so much.

19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I remember how irreplaceable George Springer was last off season.

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Well Correa plays a more prime position, and when we lost George we still had Correa... You pay him. He matters too much and has grown into the player we thought/hoped he was going to be in 2012. You drafted him for this and he's produced.

everyday eddie likes this.