1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 10/11/2021 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 11, 2021.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Pulling up for deep 3's and passing the ball is "advanced"?

Green doesn't wanna hurt anyones feelings?

Lmao what is up with these GOF's. He's a young stud in Rockets Red, so I want him to be all that's advertised and more, but alot of us have been saying this entire year that he is not the clear cut #2 in the draft. Half of this board is hoping for Kobe or MJ, a transcendent talent. I don't see that.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Of you thought that before the draft selection, so be it but I really hope you aren't making any conclusions based on 3 preseason games.

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Well I am making the conclusion that he isn't MJ or Kobe like half this board thinks.

4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The GOF's have gotten so aggressive that you're not allowed to voice the tiniest concern about him. It's hate speech.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Okay. I mean you posted that he is a questionable number 2. That's a far cry from scrutinizing those who think he's the next MJ. There are one ty of quality 2nd picks that aren't as good as MJ lol

Verbal Christ likes this.
  6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I said that he is not the clear cut #2 in the draft. At this point in time, that statement is 100% factual. Giddey looks good, Mobley looks good, Barnes looks good. Green looks good too! But any one of them could end up better than Green. It's reality. It's going to be quite some time before we know who is and who isn't the best in the draft, and we'll probably end up on the right side of that. But I want people to realize that he's probably not Kobe, because these same people are gonna be underwhelmed and asking for his departure when he doesn't deliver their lofty expectations.

saleem likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That found that part of the column you found, @J.R., a bit odd. I’m sure it’s unfair for me to mention it, but should Coach be spending his time explaining this very basic stuff to our young players? Seems like a job for assistants, or an assistant’s assistant, with Silas focused on things related to . . . let me think . . . basketball? Planning for the game the next day, perhaps? Offensive and defensive strategies, matchups, that sort of thing? Heck, I missed the game, visiting family in Houston, focused more on the Astros (great game today!). Never mind.

quikkag and hakeem94 like this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

I think a large part of the issue is that much of the criticism towards Green doesn't pertain to basketball. It's one thing to say Jalen needs to improve his shaky handle, get in the weight room or improve his PnR reads and overall playmaking. However it;'s a different story altogether when he's being deemed a thug for getting a grill, questioned about his manhood/character or being written off as a bust before he suits up for a single regular season game. Those critiques are just utterly bizarre and completely unfounded.

BigggReddd, B-Bob and Verbal Christ like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL AWESOME if only they planned the in game stuff with such a precision they wouldnt have just jacked up 3s for a decade now...I dont think any teams in nba, perhaps not even the players priority is winning... its a WWE league LOL..they are all just one big penny pinching Tilman

10. NewAge

NewAge Member

Right. On the basketball the problem is that he gets mashed on screens, he gets mashed on box-outs and he gets mashed on drives. His lack of strength is a partial excuse. Small, slender players like Iverson and Ja Morant have shown that you don’t have to be big to play as a dog. I do believe this is related to his feminine personality that he has been projecting, no matter how much outrage you want to manufacture over that.

The thug comments about grills and tatts came from other people, and as far as I am concerned they are ridiculous. I wish he was more of a thug.

11. i3artow i3aller

Still projecting your own insecurities onto others I see. Be well.

#891 i3artow i3aller, Oct 13, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    Verbal Christ likes this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Very salty in here.

Just want to say this game gave me hope. Other than not being able to shoot or defend, we have a lot of promise.

13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Yes, I understand that. Too feminine, too outspoken, whatever, it's unwarranted. But my criticisms are about his game