1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green - what are your expectations for this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 11, 2021.

1. HeyBudLetsParty

good on them, great cause I didn’t know about

DaDakota and i3artow i3aller like this.
  2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I got torched on in the dish for saying Bradley Beal was trash back then. He made the game so hard on himself early in his career, he was just running into defenders for some reason. That’s why he kept getting hurt. Idk if he learned that from Wall or what but the game slowed down for him. He’s so much more skilled now and he’s a lot stronger. He’s learned when to use force and when to be finesse. Being in the playoffs and high pressure situations that helped him develop. Same can be said for Lavine, he wasn’t developing well under the situation In Minnesota. He didn’t flourish until he got to right team and coaching staff that helped build a system around his skill set.

Reeko likes this.
  3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I hate when people use Kobe as an excuse. Kobe came off the bench ON A WINNING TEAM. The Lakers won 50+ and 60+ games his first 2 years in the league. Ofcourse they wouldnt start him they were already good before he got there. There is no benefit to trying to hide Jalen in the rotation. On a bad team rookies should start and get experience. Playing vets over rookies is how you become the Knicks. Vets are a short term solution to a long term problem.

i3artow i3aller and Reeko like this.
  4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

It actually wasn't. Maybe by some people here cause we had a high pick. Coming in to the draft I kept hammering that there wasn't a franchise altering prospect in this one like Zion and Luka. It had lots of good players but no surefire great players. The buzz was that there were 4 probable Allstars. The hype was about depth not superstar quality. The whole pre-draft process, all the experts kept saying that 2022 would be better.

i3artow i3aller and apollo33 like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Your stereotype of masculinity is nauseating. Here educate yourself and stop living in the 1800s.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-fee... October,and sexual violence against children.

6. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Kobe was in the perfect situation, learning from vets backing up Eddie Jones(My Jalen green comp. since before the draft) He also got Phil Jackson and Shaq. He played with so many hall of famers, and trained with Dream. Jalen don’t have access to none of the above. No one should expect him to be close to the player Kobe was. At end the of day Jalen compared himself to Kobe. The high expectations we speak of were placed there by him.

#206 Crashlanded19, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    PeterKingX, tycoonchip and NewAge like this.
  7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Why does Jalen have 4 fingers painted black if it’s supposed to be one? & Why haven’t they mentioned it via hashtag or anything? I could of swore I saw two on each hand on the media day pictures. & I know my eyes do not deceive me because I just looked.

8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Why are you guys so concerned over his fingernails and hair, this is the weirdest board Forum sometimes. Its just weird.

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Im just asking a legit question. I really don’t care. What’s weird about this forum is the name calling and arguing when someone has a different opinion.

#209 Crashlanded19, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  10. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yes, but the point is that neither Kobe nor Harden were stunted in their development by starting their career off the bench. I am not saying Jalen should be coming off the bench because we're 50+ 60+ win team. It's just better for him, and better for KPJ and Wood.

tycoonchip likes this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

"Just better for him" is not a reason lol You just dont like the one bad preseason game he had and are overreacting like half the people on this board. He is going to look bad sometimes you need to get over it.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  12. NewAge

NewAge Member

No, no. I explained it more elsewhere. I see no synergy between Jalen and KPJ, and also Jalen's off-ball game is pretty bad. On the second unit he can have much higher usage, against other teams bench units, to "hone his craft" and gain confidence.

Plowman likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

my prediction for Jalen Green’s rookie year

17/4/3…41/34/78 shooting splits…52% TS…3 turnovers a game…maybe a 101 offensive rating and some atrocious defensive rating of like 117

Williamson and harold bingo like this.
  14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

you can ask in a another thread, the only reason this came up was because this one poster kept making comments about Green being a feminine sissy homosexual for some odd reasons and derailing this thread.

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You see no synergy after 3 preseason games? Im shocked.

16. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd be very happy with this

19bernardo87 likes this.
  17. NewAge

NewAge Member

right and what do YOU see? That the "my turn your turn" system will become synergistic at some point? How? Sarcasm is not an argument, you know.

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is what I tried to tell you in my thread, Fanboi. Stupid is as stupid does...

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

So you want to sit Jalen because we dont have a system? You're not making any sense. It sounds like you just dont like the coaches play style. Which is what any reasonable person should feel after watching last nights game. Everyone played like hot ass how is sitting Jalen gonna fix him and KPJ not having synergy? You are not making sense. You know how you develop synergy? You play together and you learn.

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Excuse me who am I a fanboy of? Are you on something? What are you talking about? You're going on ignore.