1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 10/11/2021 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 11, 2021.

1. NewAge

NewAge Member

the bust potential is there, it doesn’t matter who’s first to say it, but I think most of us have been underwhelmed for awhile.
    Green’s got talent, but it needs to be channeled in a system that maximizes it.
    In any case, there is no benefit neither to Green nor to the team for him to be starting. He’s simply not ready: physically, mentally, in any way. Some high usage minutes off-the bench against opposing bench players will probably be the best course of action for now.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jalen Green is feeling it out and learning the team.

Jalen Green is a Superstar. He already knows how to shoot deep 3s and make passes. As a 19 year old he is advanced.
    Jalen doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings and he is sacrificing his own shots for others.

Stephen Silas better do a better job than this, KPJ is not pushing the Tempo.
    Alperen Sengun is ready to be a Point Center. He should start if Stephen wants better offense. KPJ has too much pressure on himself.

Amel and hakeem94 like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This is a ridiculous take. KPJ consistently got in the lane and made the right reads. He does need to get better at finishing. He is going to be an excellent pg. The Rockets missed tons of layups (KPJ included). They were 0-10 on 3p in the first half. Theis was horrible in every aspect of the game. Green was awful tonight and he is not going to be the instant superstar a lot of people thought, but he willl figure it out and be much better later in the year. Wood was much more aggressive and played better on both sides of the court. It would be crazy to bail on KPJ as our PG after 3 preseason games. I do think Green will be better served coming off the bench for a while. Unlike Theis, Seguin looked great in every aspect of the game. He needs to start and play 30 mins a game. KPJ, Gordan, Tate, Seguin, Wood. Brooks, Theis, KMJ, Green and Augustine for a solid 10 man rotation. When Gordan is traded, Green to starting lineup and Christopher into the rotation.

ramotadab and Verbal Christ like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

FIRE HIM ALREDAY!

ashleyem likes this.
  6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think they need to run more pick and rolls. A few of them worked this game and they will get better at it. One of the first possessions was a pick and roll with KPJ and Wood. KPJ missed the pass or it would have been a dunk. KPJ ran another pick and roll and made a perfect pass to Seguin. People giving up on KPJ and Green so soon doesn’t make sense. Steady improvement is what is needed not an overhaul of the personnel. It would be nice if we could critique the Rockets and talk about what the current team needs to do to improve without every thread talking about a certain Diva that’s not coming here.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Watched the 9 min highlights and saw plenty of sad things. No defensive awareness on the fast break, our whole team gets beat easily. Kpj complaining ways when he gets stripped is annoying. Theiss is a disappointment. 1 pass and shoot stagnant offense.

8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Such a frustrating game to watch. Couldn't catch passes in traffic, missed layups, missed free throws, bad passes, and those bullshit long distance shots the Raptors hit made me turn off my TV.

9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

As I said then I don't know why people were so high on him when he was hired. Every team that he has been on throughout his career was mediocre at best.

10. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

with all this Green a Bust after few preseason games lmao. So I guess Suggs is a bust also cause he playing horrible as well. Jesus people

Aware and Verbal Christ like this.
  11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I know you can’t read much into preseason games, but so far I don’t see anything different from last year. They have the same spacing and ball movement issues they had before, the defense is just as bad, and they’re even more turnover prone. It’s way too early, but damn, they might be even worse this year than they were last year if something doesn’t click for them soon.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Great. Means Banchero is on the way :)

Hank McDowell and Verbal Christ like this.
  13. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

And Cade must be injury prone already.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I hope CFers are ready. This is how it's mostly gonna be. We are going to be really bad and the players will look bad when we get blasted.

Anyone thinking that we're gonna make any push for the play-in game whatsoever needs to just take this season off, to avoid the heartbreak.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I thought we would play well enough for the play in at least. I bet someone on here tip jar cashola on it. Its all good. Vision has to extend beyond 3 presesason games too though. Still early.

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut and Joe Rocket like this.
  16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Barnes only looks as good as he does becuase the coach is good.

steddinotayto and Verbal Christ like this.
  17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Dont get me wrong I predicted and knew we would be bad and have growing pains but the coaching staff is supposed help not look completely clueless or make it worse. I dont mind losing its the way you lose that matters. It looks like there's no game plan and common sense things arent being done. Could be just preseason but it doesnt look good for the coaching staff so far.

Nook and Verbal Christ like this.
  18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Not that im advocating we trade for Simmons but in truth the Sixers stayed on top of the East even with Embiid out. Simmons has to be pretty good to acheive that.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

When Embiid went down for 10 games last year the Sixers were 26-12. WIthout Embiid the Sixers were like a .500 team.

20. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

During the big Cade vs Green matchup in the Summer League you could see he was nervous and not settle. Even the announcer in the game numerous time said he was nervous, not settle and too hyped up during the beginning of the game. In his first game with the rockets, he shot bad and was not settle, in the 2nd game he shot well because he felt very comfortable after playing the first game in Houston His first away game he looked out of it and not in sync at all but after halftime he seemed fine. We cannot put too much on him as a rookie, he definitely cannot be our 1st or 2nd option.

hakeem94 likes this.