1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALDS Astros vs. White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2021.

1. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

You can thank our coach Dusty for that. He was the real MVP.

soxfan01 and AuburnRocket like this.
  2. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I think he's a Red Sox fan.

arabrocket likes this.
  3. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

You haven't been around this forum all year, and now you are bombarding this thread with useless gibberish. Please take the time to see what does and doesn't belong in a forum before you start posting in it. The large majority of your posts are trashing the Astros or other posters. That adds no value to the discussion.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  4. lkrockets

lkrockets Member

"pretty sure it's pretty much a fact"

cmlmel77 likes this.
  5. jayfree

jayfree Member

So Boston clinches to go to the ALCS within a year that I moved to New York City (an easy 3.5 hour train ride away to Fenway). I can get tickets to Game #3 on Monday (Field Box visitor section around the dugout), but I have two problems.

1- Astros haven't clinched and don't want to go through the problem of buying the tickets and maybe resell.
    2- I start my new job Monday

REALLY!?

#3265 jayfree, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

So after looking through the various splits, Brantley has been awful in his career against Rodon (3-30), however Rodon is a reverse splits pitcher. .180 vs RH and .240 vs LH. I’d be tempted to go with Diaz (1-3 with a HR against Rodon) tomorrow and have Brantley ready to PH.

Castro is an interesting option as well to stack LH hitters, however Castro himself is better against righties. Not totally sure if Lance prefers Maldonado.

Altuve, Bregman, Alvarez, Correa, Tucker, Yuli, Diaz, Meyers, Castro is an interesting lineup to me.

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jose Siri over Michael Brantley, is Siri pinky healed yet?

8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

He’s not starting over Brantley

9. jayfree

jayfree Member

Rodon won't last barely 5 innings and may face Brantley only 2 times anyhow before a reliever comes in. I for one would love Brantley to face Rodon more than 3 times in those first 4-5 innings because that means our whole lineup got to him early and scored some runs. So, I'm okay with Brantley starting, but maybe not at the #2 spot

everyday eddie likes this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Against Carlos Rodon a Lefty and huge Outfield in Left Field.

Michael Brantley numbers are terrible against Rodon.

Maybe Michael Brantley can sub in when Rodob leaves the game.

I think Jose Siri can do well.

11. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Neither does your post here. You know....it's not a club where everyone has to be here for every game. I've been a member since 2003..I didn't just show up here. My wife has been through 2 surgeries...so I had a little more pressing issues. "Useless gibberish" is an opinion like most other things posted on forums. I've been on the Rockets forum for years as well as this forum as I said since 2003. Get a life man...there are a great number of posts/posters every game trashing everything from Dusty to relief pitchers to Maldys lack of hitting etc.,etc.

And I rarely trash other posters...tonight was an exception as I believe the gentleman in question was responding to an already posted political position ...and, he was perfectly within his right to do so.HERE'S the deal...YOU don't determine what belongs in the forum and what doesn't.Truth of the matter is that what you posted here doesn't belong in this forum...as you have so aptly pointed out, this is an ASTROS forum which you just used to give your opinion of me. Fortunately for me and the rest of the Astro and regular world, you don't have to agree with everything and be positive on everything the Astros do as you say...it'd be a pretty dull ass forum if that was the case.

#3271 AuburnRocket, Oct 12, 2021
  12. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Mail in ballots without creases are a FACT, Ballots pulled out from under tables & scanned multiple times in Georgia is a fact. The massive jump in "override ballots" is a fact. It is absolutely true that this occurred.However, since this an Astros forum about baseball, how about that Tepera statement !

Jake Tower likes this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um…Brantley has a 14 game playoff hit streak. Siri has never played in a playoff game. Let’s replace Brantley! Dusty deserves to be fired if he listens to you. This is why internet message board critics of baseball managers should never be anywhere near baseball GM/ coach positions.

BTW, the main reason the Rays keep losing in the playoffs is they are relying on strict analytics in their pitching changes in the playoffs. It has backfired EVERY year.

#3273 Mr.Scarface, Oct 12, 2021
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I re-post with edits:

Um…Brantley has a 14 game playoff hit streak. Diaz is your utility guy. Machete is the heart of your defense. Castro is not and is not a much better hitter.

Let’s replace Brantley and Mauldy!! Dusty deserves to be fired if he listens to you. This is why internet message board critics of baseball managers should never be anywhere near baseball GM/ coach positions.

BTW, the main reason the Rays keep losing in the playoffs is they are relying on strict analytics in their pitching changes in the playoffs. It has backfired EVERY year.

#3274 Mr.Scarface, Oct 12, 2021
  15. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

After they knock the lefty out of the game, he goes in.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Astros need to beat whitesox

Nook likes this.
  17. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I really don't understand not bringing Greinke back for a clean inning. He was pitching well, just had bad luck on the soft contact he was seeking.

Nook likes this.
  18. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Siri has the best OF arm and some pop. But his inexperience hurts. Brantley is the weakest link facing a lefty assuming Maldonado is a given because of Defense/Game-Pitcher Management.

19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Probably not. Fractures take a month or so. He's probably PR only at this point. I really don't remember whether the fracture is on his glove or throwing hand. He could probably handle the OF quicker if it's the glove hand.

I just checked and it was his throwing (right) hand. So probably no OF or batting unless it's emergency duty.

20. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

I am legit worried now about moving Lance's start up. This is a make or break the series situation. Stupid rain delay.