1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 10/11/2021 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 11, 2021.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Bro.. Anyone who Attempts a shot past 5 ft is a better shooter than Simmons... Stop trolling DD.. This beneath you...

2. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

HELLO!!!

Which one? Matt Devlin or Dat Jack Armstrong?

3. R94

R94 Member

Strong possibility

DaDakota likes this.
  4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

5. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Lol, the narrative from the whole team was playing very fast because they are young. And then we get this slow confused basketball.

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Exum. Those are really the only 3 I trust making the right play consistently. Kpj is definitely not a point guard.

larry cook and hakeem94 like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Theis is a -20.

Missing you Kelly O

8. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I've seen enough sengun needs to start over theis.

9. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

It's pretty amusing that anyone would watch the performances of a very young team, with three rookies in the rotation, in their third preseason game together, and try to make any sort of assessment about that team's ceiling. People out here saying, "I haven't seen him look like the number 2 pick yet" about Jalen Green. That's truly galaxy-brain stuff.

The new players are exciting and the future looks bright, but competitive teams aren't built overnight. We're going to struggle a lot, especially at the beginning of the season, and I sincerely hope that folks around here don't start throwing their toys out of the pram if (when) we're near the bottom of the conference and well outside even a play-in spot.

10. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This malnourished middle-aged dike will save us

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's really dumb. People have given up on a 19 year old after 3 preseason games where he was at least decent for two of them and just had a poor half.

It's going to be a long long season if people give up on 19 year olds over a bad half.

There are genuine concerns with the coaching system though. I'm hoping it's just rookies not used to playing together but it's just a bunch of headless chicken in offensive sets currently.

Joe Rocket and ElDobleK like this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

This guy looks like Chet....

14. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

If Silas can't make any adjustments at halftime for this disaster of a half, I'm not sure he can coach even these young guys. They just don't look like they are playing hard. You got to get them to play hard for you like it's life or death before you can even teach them. They were barely trying on defense and totally lost on offense.

15. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I have no idea what people have seen from Silas to convince themselves he's even a competent coach.

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

What’s going down in this house during this preseason game

17. Sengun

Sengun Member

I think what this team needs right now is a playmaker who can feed others and knows how to do PnR. Holmgren is definitely not what this team needs.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Here is what I thought I would see from Green.

Decent shooting, good fundamentals and him having a few blow bys a game with his athleticism, not seeing any of it.

DD

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

LMAO You gotta have hope lol Im sure there are sandwiches in the NBA

20. CXbby

CXbby Member

Green is a streaky shooter, too skinny to play defense and has questionable passing/decision making. This is nothing we did not know and were his knocks coming out of the draft, you guys really should not be surprised. He's young and has potential, hope he improves but he was never supposed to be a good player already.

Sengun being a positive player already, quite frankly consistently looking like the best player on the team, is the real surprise people should be talking about.

Joe Rocket and RasaqBoi like this.