1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Onion Ring Shortage -- WTF

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VooDooPope, Oct 4, 2021.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

For some reason I watched this entire thing. Thank you

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

That was my favorite date place: great food, reasonable prices, awesome setting.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's 2021 and I can't even crack the joke I want to crack. Can I even say crack anymore?

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If it's at my expense, crack away my dude lol

5. Roscoe Arbuckle

I'm with you on everything but reasonable pricing. That place is expensive to me for what you get.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

I'm sorry you were poor. I was too.

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

More like College. Showed me how to eat without ordering out!

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

@Buck Turgidson Those take out crab cakes look horrible. Ughhh. Making them at home isn't too hard especially if you have a good recipe.

I was in Austin this past weekend (to see Willie at White Water Amphitheater in New Braunfels) and driving back to my girlfriends house in Lago after the show I had to stop for a 1 am Whataburger.... The onion rings at Whataburger never disappoint.

ROCKSS and Buck Turgidson like this.
  9. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I lived in Baltimore for about 10 years and the best crab cakes I ever had were at Koco's Pub-
    [​IMG]

ROCKSS and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Tater Tots and Onion Rings >>> Fries

Don't care what you think. Your opinion doesn't matter to me.

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I would agree when it comes to "out of the bag' frozen Fries.... but when you find a place that makes good, real, hand cut fries and cooks them properly, only the finest of onion rings can compete. Too bad most places just pour fries out of a SYSCO bag into the oil and call it a day.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I thought of you when I got onion rings at Dairy Queen yesterday. Yes, they were great.

VooDooPope likes this.
  13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I haven't had food at DQ in a decade. I forgot they even had rings. I'll give them a stop at my next road trip. Thanks

steddinotayto likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Do not ever hit up the DQ in Johnson City for food

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Too funny. They may be the reason I haven't stopped in DQ in forever. I seem to remember stopping in there with my kids on the way back from San Antonio and it was horrible.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Millenials can't even do this anymore, SMH

Ubiquitin, donkeypunch and Xerobull like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

That location has a "Managers Wanted" ad in the local papers every week. Apparently the owner does not give a **** and is terrible to work for.

DQ and Sonic depend on the owners.

The DQ in Lampassas is/was great a couple of years ago. So is the Sonic in Marble Falls.

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

267B60C5-018C-4445-A852-44DD547B7ADE.jpeg
    Had some great rings at a local place (Donnie's Pit Stop Grill) here in Ruidoso this weekend. I usually stop in for the fish and chips (which are always excellent) and today I noticed rings on the menu and of course had to try them. I’d give them a solid A. Thin sliced and hand breaded then perfectly fried. Delicious.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  19. Xerobull

I had a dream about this last night.

Thanks, Clutchfans.

20. Xerobull

DOOMED

Onions Sold in 37 States Linked to Salmonella Outbreak in U.S.
    At least 129 people have been hospitalized so far.

[​IMG]

Fresh onions sold in at least 37 states have been linked to a salmonella outbreak that’s sickened at least 652 people and led to the hospitalization of 129, according to a new report from the Centers For Disease Control. The onions were imported from Chihuahua, Mexico and distributed by ProSource Inc., but the onions have not been formally recalled yet.

The dangerous onions—red, white, and brown varieties—were sold to both restaurants and grocery stores throughout the U.S. and were last imported on August 27. And while that was almost two months ago, there’s concern that these onions are still being sold in stores and sitting in pantries throughout America.

“Check storage coolers and coolers for these onions. If you can’t tell where they are from, throw them away,” the CDC advised in a post on the agency’s website.

“Wash and sanitize any surfaces that may have come in contact with these onions,” the CDC continued.

The CDC advises contacting your doctor if you experience:

• Diarrhea and a fever higher than 102°F
    • Diarrhea for more than 3 days that is not improving
    • Bloody diarrhea
    • So much vomiting that you cannot keep liquids down
    • Signs of dehydration, such as: Not peeing much, dry mouth and throat, or feeling dizzy when standing up
    The only states that haven’t detected cases from this salmonella outbreak yet are primarily in the west, including Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, and Arizona. Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire have also not identified cases of salmonella from the onions yet, but that could all just be a matter of time.

While ProSource onions are known to be one source of the salmonella outbreak, the CDC stresses that it’s still investigating whether other companies are also to blame.

“Investigators are working to determine if other onions and suppliers are linked to this outbreak,” the CDC said.

Attached Files: