1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALDS Astros vs. White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Bregatron

Bregatron Member

And we scored 6 tonight...and it took some absolutely horrible calls that allowed the Sox to score early, and if you feel that the umps had no bearing on the game, then can't we say the same thing about them and their bats being better at home? I can't wait to suck all the life out of Chicago in a little over 12 hours.

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I was looking at the box score of the Rays vs Red Sox, both teams played till the 14th inning and the bullpen were taxed.

I think the umpires didn't want the Astros to clinch this game and rest for days while the Rays and Red Sox overuse their bullpens.

Plus Rob Manfred wants all 5 games that is the umpire job to rig it easily, with technology they eliminate the rigging system, and more games = more money.

3. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

They scored 5 runs in the 1st 2 games but scored 12 today once they got home. La Russa must have found that old camera they used in the 80's:rolleyes:

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

see, this is why the Astros should have swept them. they get one win and now they are talking all that hot sh*t.

STR8Thugg and TheRealist137 like this.
  5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

They were trying…then Tom Hallion got involved.

6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Ryan Tepera is from Houston. Lol

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

What a f-ing idiot.

htownrox1, Uprising and awc713 like this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Lmao these guys are talking sh** and feeling themselves after one win. It would be better than a sweep if we absolutely demolished them tomorrow. Give them hope and then shut it down

DreamShook likes this.
  9. HardenVolumeOne

tim anderson is hyped like he some stud, then i checked his stats.. dude is a glorified singles hitter

htownrox1 likes this.
  10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I would have loved for the Astros to have swept them, but how would you propose they have done that? Luis Garcia struck Grandal out on a pitch entirely in the upper outside quadrant of the strike zone that Hallion missed. He homered to LF later in the at bat. The next batter, Jimenez, grounded out to Correa, and the inning would have ended at 5-1 Astros instead of 6-5 White Sox if Hallion makes the obvious strike call.

Then, in the very next inning, Grandal makes a straight beeline for the infield grass instead of running straight to first, gets hit by Gurriel’s throw home, and this stupid umpiring crew refuses to call him out for interference. Half of the White Sox’ runs occurred because of those two egregious non-calls.

What I’m sick of is this BS mindset that teams should just play through bad calls. Officials can and do affect the outcomes of games in all sports, but instead of calling them to the carpet, teams are expected to simply overcome their game-changing calls. It’s like saying the Rockets should have overcome the horrible officiating they got in games 6 and 7 of the 2018 Western Conference Finals against the Warriors, or game 1 of the 2019 playoff series in Oakland/San Francisco.

#3050 DVauthrin, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

Bee-Line: The phrase derives from the behaviour of bees. When a forager bee finds a source of nectar it returns to the hive and communicates its location to the other bees, using a display called the Waggle Dance. The other bees are then able to fly directly to the source of the nectar, that is, 'make a beeline' for it. This dance is a surprisingly sophisticated means of communication for a creature with such a small brain. The forager bee performs a short wiggling run - hence the name, with the angle denoting the direction of the nectar-laden flowers and the length of time denoting the distance.

[​IMG]

#3051 PhiSlammaJamma, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    ramotadab and Plowman like this.
  12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Wow. Some people just shouldn’t open their mouths. What a ****tard.

DVauthrin and htownrox1 like this.
  13. BigTex

BigTex Member

Edit : was posted before

14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

MLB won game 3

Series Astros 2, White Sox 0, MLB 1

You know and I know the Officials were TOLD to affect the outcome of last night's game and they did.

Blatant blown calls behind the plate. Blatant interference ignored. Even the White Sox announcers recognized the Umpire was going into his routine before the ball reached the catchers mitt. And how does the bottom of the barrel Umpire get assigned to a playoff game without MLB putting their thumb on the scale?

Now I'm no fan of Dusty, but there wasn't a darned thing he could have done last night to stop the rig. He might have been a little more vociferous and gotten himself kicked out of the game to make a point.

I noticed how they:

1. Complained about watering the infield in HOUSTON.
    2. Praised the ground crew of CWS for scewball bounces favoring CHW.
    3. Mentioned Astros cheating scandal at every opportunity, without mentioning their ROAD record was better than their HOME record, UNLIKE the huge HOME record advantage for the CWS. Logic would dictate the 'cheater' would have a superior HOME record.

I thought I'd wake up this morning in a calmed down state. But NOOOOO! I'm even angrier.

But I'll have to find pleasure in the takeout of the HPU by the dirty sox.

ramotadab, htownrox1 and cmlmel77 like this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

**** the umps.

htownrox1 and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Come on Stros. You can find a way to oercome both the CWS AND the MLB RIG CREW.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

White Sox and their fans should be sure to thank Ryan Tepera for this incoming game 4 beat down.

This isn’t the team you want to fire shots at like that.

Stephen66, BigM, DVauthrin and 6 others like this.
  18. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

On and off rain expected in Chicago between 3-9pm.

19. Elienator

Elienator Member

Baseball players have short memories. This was a crappy way to lose a game, but in the end it's not any different than losing a 2-1 pitcher's dual. The Astros offense is still looking good overall and the Sox needed a lot of things to go right to win. The Sox were eventually going to get some hits that weren't singles. Today's game should be fun.

ramotadab likes this.
  20. Elienator

Elienator Member

I tend to think professional athletes should not need external motivation to win games, but it doesn't hurt. Tepera did not make a smart choice with his words.