1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapelle getting canceled?!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Oct 7, 2021.

1. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I will call anyone by their preferred name. I will not say she/they he/him or I'm cis male. It's goofy.

As far as the people being denied treatment, that's abhorrent. You will never find me defending Trump or the GOP for that matter. I speak up because they're not helping their cause. If the left cools it on nonsense like this than you don't have to worry about a Trump. At least that's how I see it.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

dude…you don’t know what you are talking about. It’s not just my and my gf. I’ve known hundreds of trans people in my life and they don’t get shut out basic medical treatment or ER treatment.

you are just referencing an article and you have no experience with this.

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

So you think trans people who share testimony of being denied healthcare are crisis actors and it's all fabricated? If that was the case, then why enact any policy that could even potentially inhibit trans rights like the Trump admin did? I mean why enact a policy that wouldn't get enforced according to you?

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Smh…you think you know something just from reading an article rather than it being a part of your life for 2 decades.

Good luck man but you are clueless. Maybe stop for a second and consider what I’m saying. How many trans people have you known in your life beyond an article?

Slyonebluejay and Astrodome like this.
  5. London'sBurning

All I asked was if you think the link with multiple testimonies is fake. Is it possible other people not in your circle that are also trans could have been mistreated like the testimonies? Or do you think it's all some bullsh*t? Are your personal experiences with the trans community universal to everyone else? Or is it possible some trans people do in fact get mistreated by the healthcare industry? Your experience clearly overshadows mine. Does that therefore mean the article I linked is wrong and it's all some bullsh*t then?

Again, why create a policy that could potentially inhibit trans people if in reality, according to your experiences, it's not enforced, even though there's multiple testimonies of people saying they've been denied healthcare. Was it just a Trump policy meant to rile his base up but in actuality did nothing to harm the trans community? Is that your take?

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

God some of you are ridiculous. I just scrolled through 4 pages of dudes going all “Fu$k cancel culture” and “screw you woke people” etc etc but like not one person here is suggesting Chappelle be “cancelled.”

The only thing more tiresome than “cancel culture” is having to listen to people 24/7 whine about “cancel culture” when nobody is really trying to do that. Good lord. Stop acting like victims. I thought all those Joe Rogan testosterone supplements are supposed to make you guys tough.

Also there’s nothing wrong with having a debate about comedy that goes after a minority community this hard. Maybe Dave is right. Maybe he is wrong… but if we can’t even talk about it without MMA Bromania jumping down your throat then that’s “cancel culture” if I’ve ever heard of it.

7. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

You clearly didn't read a word. I didn't see any complaint about cancel culture. At least I know I didn't complain about cancel culture.

Sajan likes this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Literally one of the first posts is “Fu$k these woke pu$$ys.”

And Dave himself (maybe my fav comedian of all time FYI) is getting really snowflakey lately cause he keeps on going on about cancel culture himself. The constant whining about cancel culture is 100x worse than whatever backlash snowflakes think they are getting. I can’t even watch Bill Maher anymore because it’s all he wants to gripe about. Like… dude you literally said “porch N…..” on your show and HBO didnt do sh$t.

I probably now need to stop whining about people whining about people whining.

London'sBurning likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

It's comedy: laugh at it and/or then go find something you can laugh at.

The only thing about comedy that's offensive to me is the unfunny stuff, you know, like Joe Rogan and Carrot Top.

eta: I was about 8 years old when I saw this and really understood what was happening. It's offensive as hell, but it's genius.

I remember my mom asking me "you know why he's upset, right?" "Uh, yeah, chevy called him a bad name." "OK, don't you ever do that, right?" "Right." "Ever?" "Right"

ETA AGAIN: Do not watch this if Richard Pryor might offend you

#69 Buck Turgidson, Oct 9, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  10. London'sBurning

That's the thing for me. I don't want to cancel Chappelle. I want more specials. I just don't find myself agreeing with him on every topic he chooses to cover in his comedy act. I really don't want to cancel anybody. That also includes not wanting to cancel people that want to cancel Chappelle. I'm with them on being able to share their opinion like anybody else. I'm not with them over canceling which isn't even going to happen to Dave in the first place. People change over time. Opinions change over time. Human beings are not static in their ways all of the time. Let the man be. But also let people be loudmouths too that happen to disagree with him as miserable as they can sometimes be. Especially when they're mostly nobodies caught in a Twitter mob that'll have moved on and be outraged by something else next major news cycle.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

My father was making about the trans community being upset about Dave while ignoring how much he b****ed and cried about Dave’s jokes about Trump and conservatives in previous specials.

****ing conservative losers.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I said I was out of this thread and meant it, but I’ll be equally blunt. You don’t have a clue. Now I’m really out of a thread that clearly doesn’t belong in Hangout.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The kind of people who throw temper tantrums about comedy are the worst kinds of people. Dave Chappelle is a comedy genius. He's one of the funniest comedians still alive. The idea that he even could be "canceled" by whiny losers simply for telling jokes is preposterous.

In reality, the whiny losers do nothing but help market his new special and get more people to watch it than otherwise would.

tinman likes this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I mean it’s largely* a choice. Look at Jenner. For individuals with genetic syndromes at birth that’s another story of course but that’s a very small
    Minority

Sajan likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

People that actually even use the term "cancel culture" in the real world are... just are not my kind of people.

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

So, you’re canceling* us?

Ziggy likes this.
  17. London'sBurning

I know you're a doctor but my understanding is people born with sexual health complications at birth ranges over 130 million globally. Roughly a 1/3rd of the entire U.S. population if all clumped together in the same area.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK279039/#:~:text=Approximately 1-2% of live,is higher at 1:5000.

Guess the stats could always be wrong. Again you're a doctor so would think you'd know more about this than myself. That's a lot of people with sexual health complications though either way where you can't classify the person as male or female.

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I’m not speaking from that capacity in any way nor do I on clutchfans but would think any genetically/chromosomal abnormality is what I would count— as it really does affect ones ability to develop as a male/female (turner, kleinfelter). A lot people are born with genital abnormalities things like hypospdias are really just structural regarding urethra and are separate from the aforementioned. You or I could have had it and then had surgery to fix at birth.

anecdotally we can agree that majority of individuals that identify as trans do so after developing as a male/female for years and the underlying cause believed to be psychological rather than genetic. These individuals had a choice. I’m not diminishing what they go through just saying it’s not the same as the racial injustice black individuals have gone through for centuries

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That’s because people who criticized him didn’t watch the show
    It’s like Steve wonder at a swimsuit contest

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And these people clearly didn’t watch
    The Netflix special

Rocket River likes this.