1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapelle getting canceled?!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Oct 7, 2021.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It also shows people didn’t watch his special

2. tinman

Supporting Member

This is today’s culture of young people @Deckard
    Commenting on things they don’t research first

I don’t ever say a movie sucked unless I saw it for myself

3. tinman

Supporting Member

You have to watch it to see if this is
    1. True
    2. If it was funny

that commercial about someone pretending to know medicine and saying he just stayed at a holiday inn express is pretty spot on
    @Rocket River @LosPollosHermanos @EddieWasSnubbed

4. tinman

Supporting Member

I know one thing about this board

If 1000 Clutchfans jump off a cliff cause somebody tweeted there is an ocean below and die cause there’s no water
    None of them would be 99ers
    @Ziggy @Space Ghost

5. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I'm not going to say it's a choice but you know what is a choice?

Deciding to butcher the Spanish language. Deciding to compete in sports with biological women. Deciding we should use silly pronouns.

Maybe if their leaders weren't being such assholes maybe they would realize most people don't give a **** about how they want to live. Just be rational. It's not that hard.

6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Who are the leaders of the trans community? Were they voted in or something? Just seems like a drunk rant post imo.

7. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Whoever is pushing all of the above. Did I imagine all those things? I mean I could post examples of all of the above. I put the blame on the activists because I think you're average trans person is probably not that irrational. I really could not care less how they want to live their lives, just don't ask me to put an x on my words and to compete with biological females. Most of the blowback is from these types of nonsensical demands. Questioning these things means you're a hater but I honestly really don't care about their life choices. Most people don't imo.

8. London'sBurning

Eh pronoun request has been around as long as language has existed. You sound like an old man complaining about change. Chappelle isn't getting canceled. He can walk into any comedy club across the world still and tell knock knock trans jokes and still draw a crowd every single night. Once this dies down, and it will, he can get a new contract for more specials from any number of media distributors, including Netflix. He knows this. And if he were somehow canceled, he's made so much damn money and can continue to with or without media help anyways. Again no comedy club is going to deny him anytime he ever feels like practicing new material. He's similar to Rowling in that respect. They've reached that summit. Your average trans person though? Especially your average black trans person? They're nowhere near that level.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Deckard…I’ll be blunt. I don’t think you have much interaction with the “trans community”. I know you’ve got a few years on me but I’ve been around this a bit longer. If you do have interaction with the “trans community” then it’s just a few activists who have decided to portray themselves as representing everyone else.

The biggest problem for the trans community these days is the weirdo activists that don’t actually have much in common with anyone else outside of their small very vocal group. Outside of that the community is at the best spot it’s ever been at BY FAR.

The trans community isn’t as disadvantaged as some portray it. That’s part of what Dave is speaking to.

Edit…And I don’t mean any of this in an internet fight sort of way. I just think the activists are a disservice at this point in time. Also this entire circumstance is ridiculously nuanced and hard to discuss online but it’s also not that common either.

nacho bidness likes this.
  10. London'sBurning

Are they really a disservice though? This is going to turn it D&D but wasn't but a year ago the Trump administration was taking away a lot of rights trans people had prior. Things like service in the military. If homeless and trans, still being able to receive shelter and not being denied for being trans. Denial of treatments for being trans. One election cycle ago with a former President still touting election fraud. It's not like those supporters just stopped existing cuz Biden won. And it's not like all Biden supporters even support trans rights either. In fact, I would say most people are either indifferent or find supporting trans rights to be tedious virtue signaling as mentioned repeatedly by many posters in this very thread. It's not exactly a popular talking point sticking up for them.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Ok I’ll play ball…what “treatments” were ever denied?

12. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I never said he was canceled or that he couldn't get work. You are the outraged one. The offended one. I'm merely pointing out some holes in your it's not a choice point. There's lots of instances in which they're pushing buttons that aren't advancing their cause but rather annoying your average person. You don't want to listen tho, it's the rest of the world that's the problem. You are the one that's out of touch but go ahead and call me old if it makes you feel like you got me. As far as your pronouns case, I'm aware that language is fluid but it's normally organic. What's happening now is inorganic and ham fisted. I'm not usually a person making cancel culture complaints, you are free to look at my history. Sorry but the trans community is just not making much sense in a lot of their demands.

13. London'sBurning

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-protections-reversed-by-trump-administration

14. London'sBurning

You're upset at people speaking their mind that disagree with Chappelle and your sentiment. It sounds like you'd prefer a suppression of their speech because you think they're in the wrong. I disagree. If Chappelle wishes to speak his mind about topics he deliberately chooses to bring up on a special, literally every person with the ability to speak and has an opinion on those topics should be able to as well. Even if you disagree with them. Sounds like wanting to cancel other people's opinions because they don't align with yours. I don't.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

16. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I'm not upset. I'm just calling out BS. You want to name call, say I'm old, assume I'm a bigot. Seems you are mad. All I'm saying is they bring a lot of **** on themselves and you want to act like there's some evil mob that can't stand a guy in a dress for that and nothing else. It's dishonest.

17. London'sBurning

This your attempt at a gotcha or something?

https://transequality.org/blog/tran...tories-of-prejudice-and-stigma-in-health-care

“I was laughed at and belittled,” writes Kelli Farrow of Orange Park, FL. “I was there to seek treatment for what has become a life-altering autoimmune disease that I have been diagnosed with. This particular event I'm talking about, was when I'm seeking medical attention for a pinky finger that was swollen shut (into my hand)... Finding doctors that will even treat you is difficult. I can call several providers with you all on the phone and I tell the nursing staff or front desk I'm transgender and just want to make sure they see people such as myself, and they come back after speaking with the provider and tell me they don't specialize in people like me, or they don't treat people like me or some other version, and all I'm trying to do is seek a primary care doctor.

You're the dude that caught Covid twice at least while touting herd immunity just so you could go to your BJJ practice aren't you? The one that updated spreadsheets and kept telling people to not overreact in the Covid thread right?

18. London'sBurning

It's bullshit to prefer being called your preferred name? Doesn't seem that unreasonable to me personally. I come from half Hispanic family. None of us use the Latinx stuff. It's not like we rant about it either. It's a non-issue without needing to "call out BS" online. I don't think there's some evil mob. I just think your call outs over things that you find unpleasant to be relatively benign complaints that sound like they'd come from an unfunny Abe Simpson bit.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

If you knew anything you’d know there are a lot of trans nurses. I’m guessing you don’t know that. I’ll research this person’s story more later but this sounds like some bs.

Also, my trans gf caught covid twice. I got it once. I gave up on herd immunity awhile back. Sorry to inform you but my opinions and thoughts change as more information is presented. I wish things were different and simpler but they aren’t.

and no this isn’t a gotcha but you clearly don’t know what you are talking about if you are linking stuff like you did. I don’t even mean that in a rude fashion either.

#59 robbie380, Oct 9, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  20. London'sBurning

The same article you're researching says this.

"One in three transgender people has been denied access to medical care by a health care provider because of their gender identity, according to the Center for American Progress. According to the US Transgender Survey, one in three transgender people has declined to seek health care when they need it out of fear of mistreatment."

I'm glad you and your girlfriend are doing well. Your single sample size of your girlfriend's positive life experiences unfortunately is not a reality for every trans person. It would be nice if it was.

OmegaSupreme likes this.