1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn* Fantasy Hoops 2021-22 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fadeaway, Oct 2, 2021.

1. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Guys, guys, give him time. His whole plan was to pick BI. Twice. ;)

Andres Sosa likes this.
  2. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At some point we need to skip, hate to do it, but this is ridiculous…….

3. Garner

Garner Member

Keep your pants on. I'm picking..give me a minute

4. Garner

Garner Member

I'll take Terry Rozier and Anthony Edwards

@Rocketball

#84 Garner, Oct 8, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  5. Garner

Garner Member

Well this was all very unexpected. How about this. Chill out. Nobody is disrespecting anyone on an forum-based offline draft. I checked my phone before going to bed, saw it was my pick, but wanted to get back to my spreadsheet and consider who'd i'd be taking in the morning -- like i did.

@Rocketball -- I should have told you i wasn't picking so you weren't waiting around. That's my mistake; sorry about that.

For the rest of you, get a grip; especially you @Plowman. what are you talking about? You register this as a complaint and request to change format?

Sorry for expressing an opinion on sacred fantasy basketball formats. Didn't ask for the format to change. Just asked if people shared my opinion.

Is the purpose of this draft format not to allow people the flexibility to make picks when they are available to do so? The time I took is not unreasonable and no I will not stay up until 1:00 AM to facilitate picks more expeditiously -- that is unreasonable to expect of others. If you choose to do so, that is your personal choice.

I'd suggest that if your collective panties are so far up your ass, that we take this to an actual draft supported by the application, but can appreciate that is against holy tradition of this league.

Picks stopped at night and resumed the next morning. Let's move on.

#85 Garner, Oct 8, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This makes sense. You don’t get this league and the slow draft format.

I know you weren’t part of the good ole days where 3-6 hour timers were provided per pick. Yeah those days of waking up at 2am to see your pick had been skipped cause you overslept some were awesome.

Appreciate what you have going for you now or join another league. Things might change back to the way things used to be. Then you’ll be FORCED to be inconvenienced and make a drowsy pick or two at 1am before another work day.

Show some respect for those that have endured for you to live the good life and pick as lackadaisical as possible friend.

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Okay, from now on we are having a time limit: 5 hours per team. The current pace of less than a round per day is cutting it too close to opening day. After 5 hours the person is skipped and the next team can pick. The skipped team can add in their picks whenever they return.

Teams with bookend picks do not get twice the time.

Also, no pausing at night. If someone wants a player bad enough and is afraid of being skipped, they can get up for a 3:00 am pee break and ensure they get their guy. :p Or, you can always send a list of names to another member to pick for you beforehand and keep sleeping. I'm on the far east coast and would be awake at like 4:30 am Central time anyway.

Garner likes this.
  8. fadeaway

LOL -- didn't see Flash's response until after I posted. Funny coincidence.

FLASH21 likes this.
  9. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Wow, Garner with all the posts, but bottom line is we pick all times in this draft, including middle of night to keep it going. The problem to all your posts above, is it was your time to pick, you posted, but didn't make a pick till 10-12 hours later - I am all for research and making sure you get the right pick, but that is a bit extreme and ridiculous.

Fade, it may be just time to do it like we use to and put the timer back on for picks........ I mean I understand needing all night and good part of the morning to come up with Rozier and Edwards, but really. I guess we should all just get a grip for the newbie...........

However, do love the post by Garner, telling me to check my wardrobe as he needed a few more minutes to make his pick......... classic, PSJ nailed it with his post.......

I will take R.Holmes as I need a Center.............

@Jamers is up........... feel free to take your time, as we do not make pics during lunch hours..........right Garner????

10. Garner

Garner Member

get over it, man. It's a offline draft and i adhered to the rules as set. Now we'll roll with the 5hr pick rule, but would suggest we don't start it until after @Rocketball makes his selection.

11. Rocketball

Supporting Member

I already picked R Holmes… @Jamers is up…

12. Jamers

Jamers Member

calm yo American ass and move on boys. We still have like 10 days so let's chill.

I'll take Malcolm Brogdon

@FLASH21

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You asked for it…. not I.

Let me make my pick since I’m already here.

Pascal Siakam, PF, Raptors

@PhiSlammaJamma

14. Jamers

Jamers Member

I actually need SF/SG .. when did Randle losses SF eligibility dafuq

15. fadeaway

I dunno, but he has been PF-only since the start of the season here as I was eyeing him myself in the 2nd round.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Kristaps Porzingas, C, Dallas Mavericks

@SamCassell

17. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I was lucky enough to draft Randle last year in the mid rounds and he was only PF eligible all year. I remember because my SFs were crap all year and it would have been nice to have that eligibility.

Which reminds me, I need a SF. Demar Derozan (SF/PF) Chi.

@Andres Sosa

18. Andres Sosa

Andres Sosa Member

Y’all are hilarious

Draymond green

@chrisjent

FLASH21 and Plowman like this.
  19. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

20. fadeaway